Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Home points dropped will ultimately cost us places. Be it 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Trippier should never ever play on the left again.
The defender was just asking him to go on his left every time and he didn't try to. Grow some balls.

At least son would try that and cause some sort or problem for the defender.

Just try and win a fucking corner man!!!

To be clear play Trippier on the left?

NEVER!!!

:pochshock2:

I know what I said....but there is a difference with benching someone for shite form and calling them a garbage player and binning them altogether.

Also, when have I said we will always be shit a Wembley and its cursed?

This season like AVB? So Newcastle, Dortmund and Everton were last season then? Burnley and Swansea is two out of five games.

Try harder
I don't need to try harder, because unlike you I am not point scoring and I don't need to win the internet tonight. You know what you said. Now you're crying foul because your bullshit is presented back to you. As for your earlier whining about straw man comments, funny how you're always a cry baby when you're on the receiving end of anything remotely resembling your own loathsome debating tactics isn't it? There's a message in there for you. Don't like being misrepresented? Don't do it every day to others like a "cunt" (to use your very own parlance when describing your pre-flounce behaviour when you triumphantly returned and claimed you'd changed:harrylol:).

Last edited:
Ten things I'd rather not see again...

1) Son at LWB
2) Trippier at LWB
3) Sissoko at RWB
4) In general, non-wing backs playing as wing backs
5) Bringing on Llorente and then not crossing the ball to him for 20 minutes
6) Mike Dean
7) Dele not playing to the whistle
8) Davinson doing that odd non-tackle half-hearted push thing he did
9) Hugo hitting clearances to opposition attackers
10) Mike Dean again

It doesnt make me happy, it is what it is.

If you want to go through life sewing your lips together rather than admit that Dele had a poor game then go ahead.
Its hardly like I pissed on a bible in church......if you find it all so outrageously horrific to discuss then go and hide behind the sofa until we play well
I don't. But then again I don't feel the need to make statements denouncing a fine young player as being a useless sack of shit simply because he wasn't turning a game on its head and then try to make put that I am the only person sagacious enough to see him for the dud that he is.
You however do.
He wasn't at his best, but he was a long way from being as crap as you would have people believe. Footballers and form are not and is not as 2 dimensional as you simplistically make them out to be.

I don't need to try harder, because unlike you I am not point scoring and I don't need to win the internet tonight. You know what you said. Now you're crying foul because your bullshit is presented back to you. As for your earlier whining about straw man comments, funny how you're always a cry baby when you're on the receiving end of anything remotely resembling your own loathsome debating tactics isn't it? There's a message in there for you. Don't like being misrepresented? Don't do it every day to others like a "cunt" (to use your very own parlance when describing your pre-flounce behaviour when your triumphantly returned and claimed you'd changed:harrylol:).

What?

Wembley loses us home advantage I don't care what anyone says. If anything it is a disadvantage because we have teams upping their game to play there. Anyone that honestly thinks we'd have had the same kind of game in this one, Chelsea and Burnley if it was at White Hart Lane needs their heads tested.

Sadly the club needs to do what the club needs to do. The only hope I have is that the plastic fans who were leaving after 85 minutes genuinely leave my club alone when we move back to N17. You waste my club away!

Did you go to the game today? If not don't moan about fans leaving early......,,,:dembelefingers:

Bit of a shit show no doubt about it.

Let's not forget we gave a lot on Wednesday in a very tough game.
Let's also not forget that Swansea played some of the most anti-football I've ever seen. I'm getting sick of paying good money to watch a game of football but only one team has any intention of playing football. What a boring bunch of fucks they are.
Mike dean was never going to give a pen today as he's been critised for helping us in the past. At least one was stonewall.

Team was set up wrong today but we still had enough to beat that shower of shit. One goal would have lead to a few more.

Had to have a read of the match comments from here on the train and had a few shakes of the head.
Not because of the comments about the game, most were justified.
What fucks me off the most is when people comment on how embarrassing our fans are.
" look at all the empty seats, it's embarrassing" - Well buy a fucking ticket and occupy one of those empty seats.

" Our fans are so quiet it's embarrassing" well go and buy yourselves a ticket and come to the game and sing your heart out and show us how it's fucking done.

" fans leaving early is embarrassing" - Well go and buy yourself a ticket, sing your heart out and stay till the fucking end.
Don't slag off those who go and support the team.
There were 66k there today, don't forget our railway stations are on critical alert and another terrorist attack is imminent.
Takes bottle for people to get on a train knowing their lives could be in danger.

Our support is not embarrassing it's top notch, we are in a temporary stadium and not many have taken to it but still turn out every week.

I'm not one of these people who thinks I'm a better fan because I go to games but it does boil my piss when people watching the game on some shit Iranian stream critises the fans that spend a fortune following our club.

I don't. But then again I don't feel the need to make statements denouncing a fine young player as being a useless sack of shit simply because he wasn't turning a game on its head and then try to make put that I am the only person sagacious enough to see him for the dud that he is.
You however do.
He wasn't at his best, but he was a long way from being as crap as you would have people believe. Footballers and form are not and is not as 2 dimensional as you simplistically make them out to be.

You know what Mick I dont give a toss for the hardships of a 20 year old multi millionaire lying in the grass flapping his arms around like a baby because the opposition wont pull their pants down and left him shaft them up the batty with bicycle kicks and fairy flicks.

I dont like sulkers, I like players who (regardless of ability) battle and play their heart out for their team mates and their club. When Dele gets back to that lad who had something to prove, I will praise him again.

The half hearted version who thinks he's Neymar can do one

I cant stand this ridiculous notion that people have to wait another ten weeks before they decide whether we were shit today......if we turn into Spurs 61 between now and Christmas, Dele was still shit today. We were still drab and lack lustre today.

Next week or last season has fuck all bearing on todays game....and its TODAY that people are pissed off. Its not rocket science.
I can't stand people who are desperate to try and be right that they cherry pick bits of a post to focus on and ignore the rest. ;)

People are free to be disappointed today. But you want to view the result in isolation and be a drama queen over Wembley, Dele Alii and Poch's tactics. I try and look at things in context and overall. It is still a draw - still a point, and in the grand scheme of things we aren't really any worse off than this time last year - so that's why I use the ten game example. When we are having a noticeably worse season then fair enough. But we aren't - and until we are the sky is falling act is an overreaction and today you and some others are displaying the typical fickle fan hysteria that comes with anything but a barnstorming result. Go and look at the Dortmund thread. During and after that game you had people claiming we were going to trounce Madrid and romp through the CL. Now the world is ending. Typical bipolar fandom. It's very frustrating.

I can't stand people who are desperate to try and be right that they cherry pick bits of a post to focus on and ignore the rest. ;)

Here you go

0647.Mirror.jpg

Bit of a shit show no doubt about it.

Let's not forget we gave a lot on Wednesday in a very tough game.
Let's also not forget that Swansea played some of the most anti-football I've ever seen. I'm getting sick of paying good money to watch a game of football but only one team has any intention of playing football. What a boring bunch of fucks they are.
Mike dean was never going to give a pen today as he's been critised for helping us in the past. At least one was stonewall.

Team was set up wrong today but we still had enough to beat that shower of shit. One goal would have lead to a few more.

Had to have a read of the match comments from here on the train and had a few shakes of the head.
Not because of the comments about the game, most were justified.
What fucks me off the most is when people comment on how embarrassing our fans are.
" look at all the empty seats, it's embarrassing" - Well buy a fucking ticket and occupy one of those empty seats.

" Our fans are so quiet it's embarrassing" well go and buy yourselves a ticket and come to the game and sing your heart out and show us how it's fucking done.

" fans leaving early is embarrassing" - Well go and buy yourself a ticket, sing your heart out and stay till the fucking end.
Don't slag off those who go and support the team.
There were 66k there today, don't forget our railway stations are on critical alert and another bomb attack is imminent.
Takes bottle for people to get on a train knowing their lives could be in danger.

Our support is not embarrassing it's top notch, we are in a temporary stadium and not many have taken to it but still turn out every week.

I'm not one of these people who thinks I'm a better fan because I go to games but it does boil my piss when people watching the game on some shit Iranian stream critises the fans that spend a fortune following our club.

Yeah my old man was asking was it sensible to take my boy today.

Life goes on. Important life lesson for him to learn to.

But our lack of singing from the "noisy section" is an issue. Standing up with your arms crossed doesn't really constitute creating an atmosphere.

I'm definitely going to get a reputation as being the noisy one in my block though. Only about 6 of us who stand up and shout!

Probably get thrown out the day I get properly "merry" before the game. :ledley:

Exactly this...he's also claimed that Wembley isnt a problem while in the same post saying that the only problem with Wembley is that the players need to get used to it. And that we are playing no different to how we did at WHL

:pochfacepalm:
Wembley is only a problem in that it is not WHL. Field dimensions, hoodoos and all that is some media shit and I'm surprised so many Spurs fans buy into it.

There's apparently also multiple hoodoos that need to be broken. We've broken the German club in the CL hoodoo, but what about the League hoodoo? Or the Cup hoodoo? Or the Cyprus hoodoo? Pretty sure Spurs have never won at the new Wembley on a Friday, so I'm sure there's a hoodoo for that too.

It's all bullshit. Play better, we've all seen it, so go do it.

I do agree, it was not so much the result today but the below par performance of over half the team that irked me.

Let's hope for some success in the cups, we knew this season would a tough one
The season will be what it will be. This time last year the comments were "we were so good in the league on Saturday, I don't understand why the players were so below par against Monaco".

We have come so far that people have simply lost sight of what is and isn't a half decent season at a temporary home. It is precisely because I temper my expectations that I don't feel that the world is ending with this or the Burnley result. Let's see how we get on over the next couple of months or so.

Last edited:
Dele has been got at.. His body language is different and he's getting stroppy.

Barca and Real want him and it's starting to show.
Hope I'm wrong but the writings on the wall I believe.
He's always been a cocky little toe rag who knows he has talent. I don't see that that has changed, so I am not sure that is why there is a dip in form.

Wembley is only a problem in that it is not WHL. Field dimensions, hoodoos and all that is some media shit and I'm surprised so many Spurs fans buy into it.

There's apparently also multiple hoodoos that need to be broken. We've broken the German club in the CL hoodoo, but what about the League hoodoo? Or the Cup hoodoo? Or the Cyprus hoodoo? Pretty sure Spurs have never won at the new Wembley on a Friday, so I'm sure there's a hoodoo for that too.

Correct.. we've won 6 FA cups and 4 league cups at Wembley.. all this hoodoo is bollocks.

Take away the word hoodoo or curse and just see it for what it is.

A problem. Its odd to say there is no problem.

Don't come to assumption about reasons why certain fans can't make it before giving us stick pal. I have my own personal reasons as to why I can't get to certain games these days

Well maybe the fans who actually went who you are cunting off for leaving early had reasons to leave early...
unless you actually get your ass to Wembley don't complain about fans for leaving early, it's simple really!

Back
Top Bottom