Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A real yawner imo. Spurs have a lot of trouble with teams that park the bus. We are not built to attack such tactics very well. Prefer a more wide open game. The passing needs to be at a much faster pace with more short one touch give and goes, instead of "lazy" possession.

Unlucky on a couple of goal opportunities, but a lot of the shots were poor, sailing off wildly. I hope shooting practice is in the future.

Taking Son off was a mistake. He and Aurier are better suited to attack a full box, Kane and Delle not so much.

Pretty much the same as everyone else with a brain
search

Ok you're asking us to believe that you have a brain
:hugoshock:

I have a brain and think that he could be good for us as he showed when played in the correct position as at Everton

His control does sometimes let him down but get him running at defences, which he didn't do yesterday, and he will cause problems

Yet it's ok for you to abuse Sissoko

I never said Dele was a shit player. I said he played shit and has been poor this season.

You know the difference so why are you pretending to misunderstand me?
You've gone well beyond just saying Dele is low on form. You've been gunning for him like a whippet with a hard on. You've become obsessed with telling us over and over how bad he is and should be dropped post haste. Nothing calm and measured about how you've gone on about him.

You've gone well beyond just saying Dele is low on form. You've been gunning for him like a whippet with a hard on. You've become obsessed with telling us over and over how bad he is and should be dropped post haste. Nothing calm and measured about how you've gone on about him.

So what? Is he suddenly above a good slating? Ive not claimed to be calm and measured.

Ive denied calling him a shit player, which I havent.

Not read all Sammyspurs comments on Alli but I am of the opinion that Alli is not in the best if form.

The player will know it and so will Pochettino.

I suspect Pochettino will allow Alli to work through it as opposed to drop him.

For sure yesterday I would have taken him off as opposed to Son but such decisions are very easy sat in the pub.

I maintain we are okay at present, if not flying because confidence is lost through losing not drawing.

I haven't abused him, unless saying that he isn't up to first team or premier league standard counts as abuse.
I don't misunderstand you - and I can only comment on what you have posted. The only one of backtracking or being disingenuous is you Sammy

Can you show me where I called Dele a "sack of shit".....you know seeing as:

I can only comment on what you have posted

As for the Sissoko stuff:

Molasses
In cement

Sissoko as a footballer is more sows ear than silk purse

As much as I would love to see the guy step up and play a vital part in the clubs future, I honestly believe that he will never manage to do so

we could play my son for Sissoko and do better

and I dont have one....

Just no more Sissoko's.....please.

Good lord! Sissoko just lost control of the ball..............

Now run along and find a way to justify YOUR quotes as constructive critique you fucking preaching hypocrite

So what? Is he suddenly above a good slating? Ive not claimed to be calm and measured.

Last season you defended Janssen, like I did, giving him the benefit of the doubt and calling for him to get chances to play for most of the season despite him getting only two goals for us all year. Dele has already scored two goals in five games, so contrary to what you claimed last night, he'd not adding nothing to the side and it's disingenuous to say he isn't scoring. So why did Janssen deserve the benefit of the doubt over many games, but Dele should be dropped two games after his last goal?

It is your flat out inconsistency that is baffling.

Last season you defended Janssen, like I did, giving him the benefit of the doubt and calling for him to get chances to play for most of the season despite him getting only two goals for us all year. Dele has already scored two goals in five games, so contrary to what you claimed last night, he'd not adding nothing to the side and it's disingenuous to say he isn't scoring. So why did Janssen deserve the benefit of the doubt over many games, but Dele should be dropped two games after his last goal?

It is your flat out inconsistency that is baffling.

Janssen is not and never was an integral part of our team and specifically attack. The comparison is off, because despite backing Janssen, I could still fully understand why he was on the bench.

He deserved more game time though. Ive not once said Dele should never play for us again, yet people are reacting as if I said just that. Everyone creaming their pants over squad depth and back up, then acting like I just shot a kitten in the face for having the audacity to suggest Dele should be subbed if he's playing poorly, and Son should stay on the pitch in his correct position if he's playing well.

OH THE HORROR!!!!
images

Id leave it mate. Unless you cost £30,000,000, your exempt from criticism at this club.

Criticise Lloris' awful kicking. Disagrees and messages of you're wrong.

Kane has a poor game. Who cares? Scores 30 a season, can't criticise Kanes performance today.

Alli plays poor and spends most of the match on his arse. Nah doesn't matter. Scored 2 goals in 5 games this season. No on else in our team could do such a thing.

Beyond boring now to be honest. No one in our team should be exempt from criticism.

Id leave it mate. Unless you cost £30,000,000, your exempt from criticism at this club.

Kane has a poor game. Who cares? Scores 30 a season, can't criticise Kanes performance today.

Alli plays poor and spends most of the match on his arse. Nah doesn't matter. Scored 2 goals in 5 games this season. No on else in our team could do such a thing.

Beyond boring now to be honest. No one in our team should be exempt from criticism.

I know.....I criticised Dele, Kane and Eriksen in the Burnley game, but was told it was the full backs fault for our front three wasting chances. Davies was fair game two weeks ago, now everyones up his bum and Trippier is shit.

Imagine that....slating Trippier while crying about someone slating Dele...

:avbshit:

What the fuck has that got to do with "accepting mediocrity"?
The fact that we dropped pts against those teams. You also said it was a joyless way to watch football by using the word accept mediocrity well did you enjoy the performance against burnley and Swansea? Did you enjoy the challenges burnley and Swansea presented us? Did you enjoy the eliciting football burnley played? Or did you enjoy the 1-9 formation Swansea played?

Janssen is not and never was an integral part of our team and specifically attack. The comparison is off, because despite backing Janssen, I could still fully understand why he was on the bench.

He deserved more game time though. Ive not once said Dele should never play for us again, yet people are reacting as if I said just that. Everyone creaming their pants over squad depth and back up, then acting like I just shot a kitten in the face for having the audacity to suggest Dele should be subbed if he's playing poorly, and Son should stay on the pitch in his correct position if he's playing well.
So Janssen deserved more game time, thus making him an integral part of our attack, but Dele has to be benched because he's an integral part of our attack and has only scored goals this season at the same ratio has has the past two seasons. :pochrolleyes:

Have a day off you plonker.

It's not just criicism though is it? You and Samuel are calling for the player to be dropped after five games, during which he's still be scoring.

Do you honestly think that is a cast iron position that nobody can possibly disagree with with any credibility? :pochfacepalm:

The thing is, you have a go at people when they criticise Sissoko, who is clearly our worst first team player, then you slag off a lot of first teamers. And make snide jokes about Trippier, every time Aurier does something good its 'oh Trippier didn't do enough take ons blah blah'. Cunt who cares, they both play for Tottenham. Rather than paying out Trips when Aurier does well pay out an opposition player if you really have to.

The fact that we dropped pts against those teams. You also said it was a joyless way to watch football by using the word accept mediocrity well did you enjoy the performance against burnley and Swansea? Did you enjoy the challenges burnley and Swansea presented us? Did you enjoy the eliciting football burnley played? Or did you enjoy the 1-9 formation Swansea played?
What the fuck are you on about? What has a boring, negative Swansea & Burnley teams got to do with calling out Spurs fans for "accepting mediocrity"?

Back
Top Bottom