Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Negative teams at WHL are differcult small pitch. Wembleys pitch is bigger still differcult?

It can still be difficult, especially after Wednesday's efforts.
We missed Davies imo, while he can't beat a man every time, we do seem to engineer him space for him to run into and cross it.
Something that we didn't do with Trippier as much. Perhaps Aurier should have started to provide this threat he also seems to be much more able to get behind a defense. Guess his lack of pre season meant Pochettino didn't fancy him starting.

I think if we are in top form we would have found a way to score and the the floodgates would have opened.
We showed this many times times last season against the bus park.

What we could of done with yesterday was a little bit of luck and we got none, hit the bar, stonewall pen denied.

It can still be difficult, especially after Wednesday's efforts.
We missed Davies imo, while he can't beat a man every time, we do seem to engineer him space for him to run into and cross it.
Something that we didn't do with Trippier as much. Perhaps Aurier should have started to provide this threat he also seems to be much more able to get behind a defense. Guess his lack of pre season meant Pochettino didn't fancy him starting.

I think if we are in top form we would have found a way to score and the the floodgates would have opened.
We showed this many times times last season against the bus park.

What we could of done with yesterday was a little bit of luck and we got none, hit the bar, stonewall pen denied.

Good post.

I was disappointed how often we hit their man at the front post.

A game we sbiuld have won.

Bullshit. Moving to MK with its 30k capacity woul have been so small time and made us the laughing stock of English football. What's the sense in playing the likes of Woolwich, United, Chelsea etc.in front of 30,000 and denying tens of thousands of us from seeing our team. 65,000 v Swansea is a great turnout. Had we gone to MK 30,000 of us would not have been able to go yesterday. I love the fact I can go to pretty much any game I like.
I love the fact we have the the highest home attendance records in English football history.
I love the fact we are achieving home league attendances the likes of Woolwich and Liverpool will never, ever see.
Where we have fucked up though is not slashing prices for a one off season away from home, that was just greed
But, Fuck Milton Keynes. We are Tottenham Hotspur, mate.
Almost none of that post is accurate, in a literal sense.
Our biggest home crowd was a cup game in the last century and was less than old Trafford current capacity. Our biggest home gates were in the low 70k's when standing was allowed.
Wembley is not our home, it's a rented ground 13 miles away and will have diminishing sized crowds as the season progresses - unless we hit the top and look like winning the league.
Where you are totally right is the greedy pricing structure, which prevents it being filled.

The home games we've had this season feels very much like the AVB games.
Struggling to break teams down, Stupid mistakes, etc.
Frustrating.
I thought we were past that as a team but apparently not.

Not saying that we are no better now than the AVB teams. Thats ridiculous.

Alli was gash today and fuck knows what was going on with the selection/changes.

I just hope we sort it out quickly like we did last year.

You wonder what these kinds of fans have been watching for the last 2-3 years. All of a sudden it's avb performances?? Please get a grip!

Yesterday shows us what we need, a Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes type player who can hit the net regularly from distance. I expect more teams to park the bus like Swansea, and we'll need to find a way through.
I thought yes but not for scoring from distance - and not really Lampard or Gerrard, only Scholes. Scholes or Modric or Totti or whoever it is that will make the visionary and accurate pass that sends Kane in, or Dele in or Erikson away. And though I love the man, I think he comes in in place of Dembele.

truth is, due to the mike dean is a yid thing, any 50/50 shouts go against us, and the 75/25 shouts become 50/50 and so on. i dont think its deliberate on his part, its subconcious

Yes I hear what you're saying but it went beyond the levels of competence yesterday

The first handball was nailed on as his arm went towards the ball

Second was debatable

The foul on Aurier was ridiculous as it was a deliberate trip and no way did Aurier handball it

We score from any of those it would have been a totally different game and we wouldn't have had the subsequent 'melt'

Having said that it wasn't a good day at the office for all concerned including Poch but we move on

Hope we take Spam apart
:pochohshit:

Dele has been got at.. His body language is different and he's getting stroppy.

Barca and Real want him and it's starting to show.
Hope I'm wrong but the writings on the wall I believe.
Yeah Dele can fuck off and he'll end in a couple of years back at some shit club like MK Dons cause he won't hack it at Real/Barcelona, the fucking little prick.

Last edited:
Almost none of that post is accurate, in a literal sense.
Our biggest home crowd was a cup game in the last century and was less than old Trafford current capacity. Our biggest home gates were in the low 70k's when standing was allowed.
Wembley is not our home, it's a rented ground 13 miles away and will have diminishing sized crowds as the season progresses - unless we hit the top and look like winning the league.
Where you are totally right is the greedy pricing structure, which prevents it being filled.
The point I was making was that playing at Milton Keynes with its 30k capacity is a pathetic alternative that would have prevented tens of thousands of Spurs fans watching their club. And in a literal sense I'm right about our attendance records. Wembley is our home until we move out. Fact.

Saying players are shit IS NOT CRITIQUING THEM!
Stop being so fucking obtuse, it makes you look like you are a moron. You're not, so stop behaving like one.
It's boring

Yet it's ok for you to abuse Sissoko

I never said Dele was a shit player. I said he played shit and has been poor this season.

You know the difference so why are you pretending to misunderstand me?

The point I was making was that playing at Milton Keynes with its 30k capacity is a pathetic alternative that would have prevented tens of thousands of Spurs fans watching their club. And in a literal sense I'm right about our attendance records. Wembley is our home until we move out. Fact.
Fair enough, if that's how you see it
Personally I hate the idea of us being there.
Agree 100% about MK though

Yet it's ok for you to abuse Sissoko

I never said Dele was a shit player. I said he played shit and has been poor this season.

You know the difference so why are you pretending to misunderstand me?
I haven't abused him, unless saying that he isn't up to first team or premier league standard counts as abuse.
I don't misunderstand you - and I can only comment on what you have posted. The only one of us backtracking or being disingenuous is you Sammy

Last edited:
Totally agree - Dele just didn't appear to have his head in the game today. I suspect he's got a bit too much going on off the pitch right now.
I see he is on that shitty show league of their own.
I don't like the way it's going.
It's ok for Fabregas and cunts like that.
I think he's starting to believe his own hype. Needs to get back to being a footballer and less of a celebrity.

Last edited:
He was by no means the worst on the pitch and we took 10 passes to get the ball out wide. Also why the fuck is he on the left. Dunno what poch was thinking. Same lineup as Dortmund needed. Dembele should have been on for Alli at some point. Not sure what Poch was thinking today. Crap line up and poor subs. And bin the cunt sissoko. Seriously a waste of space
We played a game 3 days before and including yesterday have 5 in 14 days?
Imo Davies must have had a knock.

Plus the Wembley capacity is far closer to the new stadium that Stadium:MK, which means the season ticket process was much easier as well as it meaning considerably more income over the course of the season in ticket sales, which is extremely important for the club at a time we have a new stadium to pay for. Plus, because Wembley is still in London the time and cost of travelled to the game for most regulars will be less than going to Stadium:MK, which for many would involved getting a train into Central London and then all the way out to Milton Keynes - and then you have to bus it to the retail park it sits outside of. That means for evening games and late Sunday games it's likely that many ST holders or members would not make the effort because of the nightmare of getting home. If you've gotta be up at 6:00am you don't want to risk missing a train and be stuck travelling back home at 2:00am, especially if you're over 35.

I find it interesting that those banging on about how great MK would be are also those who hardly ever or never go to games. They sit there saying "the atmosphere will be great" without even bothering to travel to the current stadium to try it out and cheer on the team. They just see "smaller stadium - perfect atmosphere". Well, I've been to Stadium:MK and it's a pretty sterile place. WHL it is not.

Also we don't have player who can dribble past players in tight spaces consistently, what Hazard, Sanchez, David Silva do etc. Only player we have like that is Dembele but he plays deeper, it's that ability that crates opening and causes distruption in opposition defences when they play 9 defenders.

We still have that weakness in attack, our defence is brilliant but our attack still isn't balanced, Son is not a dribbler like Hazard but he was the player causing Swansea most issues in that he does have some pace.
I think we missed an opportunity to address this in the window.
I really don't understand why we didn't.
Especially when Pochettino himself talked about getting in new energy to push the likes of Dele and Eriksen.

This idiot around 9:00 minutes. This is the problem I have with the fans, stop accepting mediocrity.

I hope this is sarcasm because "this idiot at 9:00" owns this site you cockwomble. As for accepting mediocrity AmericanPenisFan, I think you confuse those of us to try and temper our expectations with "accepting" mediocrity. We've just had our best few seasons for the best part of the past thirty years. Those who were around when we genuinely were mediocre and finishing midtable or even flirting with relegation have a sense of perspective. Instead of pulling our hair out because we're not winning the league every year we just go along for the ride and employ hope, not expectation. The problem with our recent success is that it increases expectation and attracts plastics who have no sense of perspective of how we as fans and a club have it pretty damn good and the moment and are progressing towards great things.

League Games this season at Wembley
Tottenham 70% possession ave over 3 games

Tottenham = 72 shots
opposition = 26 shots
Tottenham = 19 Shots on target 2 goals scored
Opposition = 5 Shots on target 2 goals conceded
:avbfacepalm:

Blame all around, but I was afraid this was going to happen after that midweek performance - no urgency at the start. This is how EVERYONE will play against us because it works.

Looking forward to reversing our H/A record from last season.
Wednesday Saturday is the same as Thursday Sunday.
I don't think we have any of these anymore.
It's Tuesday Saturday/ Sunday and Wednesday/Sunday from now on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom