Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not just criicism though is it? You and Samuel are calling for the player to be dropped after five games, during which he's still be scoring.

Do you honestly think that is a cast iron position that nobody can possibly disagree with with any credibility? :pochfacepalm:

Well, it is criticism.

You're going on like dropping a player is the end of the world. As if those who would come in for him aren't good enough.

He isn't undroppable and him putting in performances like that whilst failing to be dropped doesn't help anyone.

The thing is, you have a go at people when they criticise Sissoko, who is clearly our worst first team player, then you slag off a lot of first teasers. And make snide jokes about Trippier, every time Aurier does something good its 'oh Trippier didn't do enough take ons blah blah'. Cunt who cares, they both play for Tottenham. Rather than paying out Trips when Aurier does well pay out an opposition player if you really have to.
Totti is not even a Spurs fan - just a cheating, lying, clueless troll - ignore

The thing is, you have a go at people when they criticise Sissoko, who is clearly our worst first team player, then you slag off a lot of first teasers. And make snide jokes about Trippier, every time Aurier does something good its 'oh Trippier didn't do enough take ons blah blah'. Cunt who cares, they both play for Tottenham. Rather than paying out Trips when Aurier does well pay out an opposition player if you really have to.

I havent had a go at anyone slagging off Sissoko. I've said its hypocritical that people would slag off Sissoko for his performance in one game yet when some of the "better" players perform worse they don't get anywhere near as much stick

So Janssen deserved more game time, thus making him an integral part of our attack

What?
Janssen deserved 30 minutes on the pitch when we are leading games by 3 or 4 goals, instead of 2 to 8 minutes.
He needed game time to do his job and become a competent substitute and game changer.
Ive never said he would become an integral part of our attack.

but Dele has to be benched because he's an integral part of our attack and has only scored goals this season at the same ratio has has the past two seasons.

Dele should be benched because he's playing poorly. Not sure why you find that odd. Keep throwing his 2 goals around all you like, its not a reflection of his performances.
He played better at Everton than he did in the Burnley game, yet he scored against Burnley. It doesnt mean he cant be benched because he has scored two goals...the team needs more from him.

Whos to say Son or Llorente wouldnt have scored those goals...maybe more?

You have all jumped on this and its really weird because not one of you are defending Dele's form. Just the goal count, but no one has said "Dele is playing well".
You all know he isnt, yet you have all taken massive exception to that being pointed out.

I havent had a go at anyone slagging off Sissoko. I've said its hypocritical that people would slag off Sissoko for his performance in one game yet when some of the "better" players perform worse they don't get anywhere near as much stick

Post from last week, highlighting Sissoko as one of our 'quickest players' while failing to highlight that he can barely trap a ball and to be honest I don't even think he is that quick, see his attempt to break away for that failed shot against Dortmund when he might as well have been going backwards, don't get me wrong he is powerful but I really don't think he is very quick.

Passing to one of the quickest players in the team early to put them through on goal or pass to them late so they're offside and Everton retain possession?

Yeah, great decision.

Just admit that Eriksen and Kane fucked up, ffs. The white knighting is embarrassing. Especially considering if Sissoko was the one passing late in both situations, he'd probably have been slaughtered.

I think we missed an opportunity to address this in the window.
I really don't understand why we didn't.
Especially when Pochettino himself talked about getting in new energy to push the likes of Dele and Eriksen.

Money, it's probably the most expensive position to fill, Poch has talked about this type of player a few times, hopefully we sort it for when we are going back to Tottenham next season.

It's not just criicism though is it? You and Samuel are calling for the player to be dropped after five games, during which he's still be scoring.

Do you honestly think that is a cast iron position that nobody can possibly disagree with with any credibility? :pochfacepalm:

Why do you think dropping an off form player to the bench is such a weird thing?

Well, it is criticism.

You're going on like dropping a player is the end of the world. As if those who would come in for him aren't good enough.

He isn't undroppable and him putting in performances like that whilst failing to be dropped doesn't help anyone.
He isn't undroppable, but nobody is saying he is. This is a disingenuous one of Samuel's straw man arguments that you are now parroting. What is being argued is that he doesn't need to be dropped as it is only five games into the season and he is still scoring at the same rate as last season and, yes, for an attacking player that matters in any assessment of form.

Post from last week, highlighting Sissoko as one of our 'quickest players' while failing to highlight that he can barely trap a ball and to be honest I don't even think he is that quick, see his attempt to break away for that failed shot against Dortmund when he might as well have been going backwards, don't get me wrong he is powerful but I really don't think he is very quick.

He's regularly tagged as one of the quickest footballers in the league.

Good lord Wednesday seems a long time ago!

Milton Keynes?!! :dembelelol:

Give it a rest everyone its a disappointing result that's for sure, probably a bit of a hangover, we'll get into full stride soon, conceded 1 in 3 just need to find a way through the park bus sides

To be fair Dele has been dogshite in alot of games but managed to create a goal or score.
That's probably the reason he stayed on.
He's our 2nd biggest goal threat.

There have been games where the quieter he's been the more likely he's been to score - the opposition stops looking for him and then he's scored before they switch back on......like the last time we played Swansea.....

Its hilarious.....if Dele is dropped to the bench next week, he could still play 50, or 30 minutes ffs

People acting as if it means sent to train with the 8yr old girls team and sold in January. Hysterics galore

The mind boggles. It really does.

Moan for competition in the team and depth. Proceed not to use squad depth for competition.

Why do you think dropping an off form player to the bench is such a weird thing?
I don't. I just don't agree that a player who has only played five games and has scored twice, the same scoring ratio as last two years, is " off form". Goals count, especially for an attacking player. If the goals dry up or he had not yet scored this season, then maybe you can argue he is out of form. But you're basically arguing that we drop a player who is still getting goals. I think that is foolish. What you're arguing is that if he's not making lighting passes, conjuring up half a dozen assists a game AND scoring goals then he's "off form". yet you've just spent the better part of a season defending Sissoko, who doesn't even come close. No consistency.

I don't. I just don't agree that a player who has only played five games and has scored twice, the same scoring ratio as last two years, is " off form". Goals count, especially for an attacking player. If the goals dry up or he had not yet scored this season, then maybe you can argue he is out of form. But you're basically arguing that we drop a player who is still getting goals. I think that is foolish. What you're arguing is that if he's not making lighting passes, conjuring up half a dozen assists a game AND scoring goals then he's "off form". yet you've just spent the better part of a season defending Sissoko, who doesn't even come close. No consistency.

Why dont you understand that I expect more form Dele than I do from Janssen and Sissoko

I expect our key players to dig us out of the trough, because thats why they are linked with the likes of Real Madrid and bandied around as being worth 200M

He's regularly tagged as one of the quickest footballers in the league.
Not from when I have seen him, once again look at that run against Dortmund (loads of examples but this is a big one) and you can see his pace really isn't that great. He looks fast on the ball, but I think this mainly because of his power and (unfortunately) his touch isn't great so the ball is always getting away from him.

Back
Top Bottom