Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Listen, I said before the game that this will be a real test, these knock out games are way different than the group stages and any mistake will be punished. Not sure what happened in the second half, either we ran out of steam or we thought Juventus were really that shit and they couldn't get out their own half so we stopped playing 100% focused. If we kept our heads up, I think we would have gone through.
I don't really care what other fans and media gonna say about us, bottlers etc. Bunch of idiots if you call us bottlers just because we lost a 1-0 lead, happened before to bigger clubs and will happen to others. I hope the lads will learn from this and the manager aswell and start being a bit more pragmatic in these knockout rounds, regardless of the competition we're in.

I’m absolutely heartbroken. Fucking love these boys! Played their fucking asses off. Out played those Italian cunts. Personally I feel juve we’re lucky to end with 11 men. From 45-60 mins they fouled so hard. Lost the plot and then daggers

We did extremely well to even be in that position considering we had Real & Dortmund in the group stages! Their celebration at the end tell its own story they got away with one tonight and they fucking know it. Yes disappointing in how we went out as we had the upper hand but didn't take advantage well well that's football and but we didn't disgrace ourselves in anyway during any of the games we can take pride in that if anything we enhanced a competition that is tired and predictable and is solely designed for those teams that can buying the fecking thing! We enjoyed the ride and that's what being a Tottenham fan is all about:coys:

Great match. Gutted to see Spurs go out, but Allegri got it spot on with the formation change. Chiellini and Barzagli proper old school defenders.

Poch got out coached. Many people won’t want to hear it, but Allegri got it spot on in the second half.

We’ll learn from it, good experience for us.
When Poch starts telling our players to start doing to the opposition what Juve did to us tonight, the 'holier than thou' British media will hound him out of British football... Juve adopted disgracefully dirty spoiling tactics... yes they scored twice, but could easily have been down to 9 men had the officials and media not been wanking over their nous & 'experience'... well if experience means stamping on the oppositions best player, then fuck that. I'd rather win a game fair and square.

No. That was our chance. This result marks the beginning of the end for this team. Summer sell off. Poch will leave too.
Gutted.
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're joking, either that or you're pissed (off!)

Before the melters arrive.

Honestly disappointed. but in no way were we humiliated, facing one of the best sides in Europe is challenging and a lapse in concentration happens, the players are human.

This shite about our mentality or defence is rubbish. We weren't broken down going 2-1 today or in Turin, we went straight back to attack. as to our defence, one of the best in the league with a 21 CB and our main CB injured. if anything Juve's defence was more soft and with more luck we could have converted 2-3 more goals

Unnecessary xenophobic bullshit.
Nothing wrong with the many Polish people I know. Work hard and pay their fucking taxes. Unlike many of our own I'm afraid

Fuck off John

Not in the mood for your bullshit tonight

I know some decent Polish guys and they are more outspoken than me about their countrymen

I disagree simply because those two centrehalves have a combined age of 70+ and were on yellows - pace would have been great against them. But it doesnt matter now. Shit happens some times

Lads, cheer up. We’ve put everything out there in the Champions League this season, beaten the best, topped the group of the death and got a very creditable draw in Juventus.

We don’t lose 10-2 over 2 legs, we didn’t fall to pieces to the hands of Europe’s best, we went toe to toe with them. The players will learn, Poch will and we will. We’ve shown Europe who we are.

I know people like to express disappointment in different ways, but we have plenty of things to be positive about.

Back
Top Bottom