Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many knew that Firminho got done for the same thing at christmas??
Lets see the levels of attention.
Or more to the point how many Liverpool fans knew this?? the same Liverpool fans saying hugo should be sacked?
Apparently the ever-witty members of the wall-pushing community are already riffing on "Kane is trying to claim Hugo's points" gags on that there Twitter, la.

Fuck them, in all their pathetic self-pitying victimhood.

¡Sergio Ramos para el Sports Personality of the Year 2018!

IF Lloris does loose the armband over this, I would absolutely love to see Jan made captain. Its probably unlikely considering Kane is vice, but Jan really does deserve it IMO.
If this happens, does it mean my new Vertonghen shirt is a good or bad luck charm?

Or some sort of fucking monkey's paw thing?

tenor.gif

Bloody idiot. The crime is bad enough, but also just as we were starting to move forward from the negativity of the transfer window and stadium news, winning a few games, things finally looking up... Now he's put the attention back on us for all the wrong reasons.

Poor Pochettino hasn't exactly had a straightforward start to the season

Hugo wins the world cup, then realises that despite global success, he is still existentially bound to mortality and the fleeting nature of reality. Reads a bit of Sartre, washed down with a couple of whiskies. Picks up the car keys.

We've all been there.

Last edited:
Bloody idiot. The crime is bad enough, but also just as we were starting to move forward from the negativity of the transfer window and stadium news, winning a few games, things finally looking up... Now he's put the attention back on us for all the wrong reasons.

Poor Pochettino hasn't exactly had a straightforward start to the season
It'll be something new next week at this rate.

For the love of God, don't let Danny Rose near another interviewer.
:pochfacepalm:

If we're serious about this as a club then Michel Vorm should be between the sticks on Monday.
Yeah, hopefully we can win the Moral High Ground Trophy again that way.

The only people to benefit from dropping Hugo (assuming he's in a good place psychologically and physically on Monday) are United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsen*l

Can everyone jumping on their high horses honestly say they've not driven while on the 2 pint borderline?

Getting in a car paralytic and wrapping it round a lamppost is one thing, being marginally over the limit after a second glass of wine with a meal is another. It's still silly and a high profile sportsman should really be operating "none for the road"... but i will reserve judgement until more info is released (if ever).

Can everyone jumping on their high horses honestly say they've not driven while on the 2 pint borderline?

Getting in a car paralytic and wrapping it round a lamppost is one thing, being marginally over the limit after a second glass of wine with a meal is another. It's still silly and a high profile sportsman should really be operating "none for the road"... but i will reserve judgement until more info is released (if ever).
That's kinda not the point, though. I don't think a fine and a benching for one match is out of line. What if Lamela had done it? Or Rose? I don't think Lloris should get leeway because of who he is - if anything, him being captain makes it more of an onus to be smart about it.

Absolutely. I wouldn't even have more than half a pint (but would just err on the side of not drinking at all).

As for the latter part - I'm sure his blood alcohol measurement will be made public sooner or later by the Met.

I've never driven after having more than one pint, and I've only driven after drinking at all maybe twice

Wouldn't amount over the limit be a differentiator also - in my opinion yes.

Yes, you are right. I suppose I'm talking from a moral standpoint rather than the actuality being bladdered as opposed to slightly tipsy. The level of inebriation would be a differentiator.

I've got no axe to grind over this in the way of a personal tale, it's just one of my pet peeves.

Aa an aside I accept I'm no goody two shoes, holier than thou type. I have my vices, I just don't think endangering other peoples lives should ever be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom