Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strange all the hate that Dier gets, some of our most memorable moments of both this young Spurs and England side are all centred around the actions of Sir Eric Dier. His debut against West Ham, another beautiful tackle against Everton (again in his first season), keeping Costa in his pocket, his post-match interview after thrashing City 4-1, Epic destruction of Chelsea players in the "battle at the bridge", injury time winner for England against Germany, perfect free-kick for England at the Euros, THE pressure penalty at the World Cup to take England to the Semi-Final of World Cup, Woolwich players flattened and squashed in every game against them and then last night a MOTM performance that stopped Busquets from playing and that tackle on Ramos.

The lad is a leader and he's England's vise-Captain, "I love Eric Dier, Eric Dier loves me".
His general overall play hasnt been that bad but for quite a while now his passing has been really poor. Especially those suicidal passes to opposite strikers.

Last night though was his best game of the season. Hopefully he gets back to how he played in 15/16

Haters will hate .... Dier does a job, with the right players around him he is a very good player, can he step up to replace Eriksen or Dele? not a chance that's not his game ... but snuffing out one of the world's best midfield line ups? tonight our boy done good .....

Who are those "right players around him"??
I think it is really s*tty excuse, I'd say that during the start of the season one could say that Dembele would have needed "right players around him" and Dier was not the right one due to his performances. I mean you can hardly lay the blame for sloppy backpasses under very little pressure on "players around him"!

But of course we all hope that his form will get better, he will pass with more confidence and will help us to control the CM area well! Just feels wrong to blame others when he has not performed well up to this point ;)

Seems like he enjoyed this...
DpnnQhkWsAA1qe8.jpg:large

Strange all the hate that Dier gets, some of our most memorable moments of both this young Spurs and England side are all centred around the actions of Sir Eric Dier. His debut against West Ham, another beautiful tackle against Everton (again in his first season), keeping Costa in his pocket, his post-match interview after thrashing City 4-1, Epic destruction of Chelsea players in the "battle at the bridge", injury time winner for England against Germany, perfect free-kick for England at the Euros, THE pressure penalty at the World Cup to take England to the Semi-Final of World Cup, Woolwich players flattened and squashed in every game against them and then last night a MOTM performance that stopped Busquets from playing and that tackle on Ramos.

The lad is a leader and he's England's vise-Captain, "I love Eric Dier, Eric Dier loves me".

His cross for Kane's goal was beautiful as well (if i have the right game?) One of those long looping crosses from deep.

Eric gets shit for not being dynamic enough, which i cant really accept as its never been expected of him. He seems to be the scapegoat for England not having anyone else established that can play the ball from deep.

Some of his passing has been woeful this season though, but he gets a bye because he gives us moments like the above.

Fucking A, G-man!

His general overall play hasnt been that bad but for quite a while now his passing has been really poor. Especially those suicidal passes to opposite strikers.

Last night though was his best game of the season. Hopefully he gets back to how he played in 15/16
He plays practically every game name more than 5 of those passes that have cost us in the +4yrs he’s been with us. All seems a tad harsh if you ask me.

His cross for Kane's goal was beautiful as well (if i have the right game?) One of those long looping crosses from deep.

Eric gets shit for not being dynamic enough, which i cant really accept as its never been expected of him. He seems to be the scapegoat for England not having anyone else established that can play the ball from deep.

Some of his passing has been woeful this season though, but he gets a bye because he gives us moments like the above.
The thing is from that position any player is going to make a poor pass, there are so few exceptions to that rule, probably only Busquets and maybe Pirlo(??) who don’t and that’s why they are spoken about. When a position is contested between two players one from Spurs the other from Woolwich, Liverpool or Utd then expect that the talk to fall on the side of the non-Spurs player, with that comes all the negative about what he’s supposed not to be able to do. Before the World Cup Dier was nailed on starter, then World Class Hendo appears, the hate began.

Back
Top Bottom