Tranmere Rovers F.C. v Tottenham Hotspur F.C - Friday 4th January, 2018, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you don't think last night was a comparative rest for Harry Kane there really isn't much else to debate. You realise on ''rest'' days they still will do exercise, right?

Comparative doesnt come into it.....I thought he was suffering from fatigue? In which case, a day off was the correct treatment.

If a barman is certified as fatigued, and is made to come and stand in an empty pub while there are five other staff with next to nothing to do, Id think his boss was a bit of a cunt actually.

Comparative doesnt come into it.....I thought he was suffering from fatigue? In which case, a day off was the correct treatment.

If a barman is certified as fatigued, and is made to come and stand in an empty pub while there are five other staff with next to nothing to do, Id think his boss was a bit of a cunt actually.
Yea, I'm not gonna enter into a debate where an elite sportsman is compared to a barman. Sorry mate.

The old fat lad was Steve McNulty, probably one of our best players, can more than hold his own in our league.

Well done Tottenham, Deli Alli was fantastic probably one of the best performances I’ve seen at my 30 years watching the Rovers.
I was really happy to see Kane come on just to see him playing, but at the time at 0-6 everyone thought the worst, and thought it was slightly brutal.
Good luck in the next round and we hope you stop Liverpool winning the league.
Fair enough. You seem like class fans. Although I will say the whole pub I was in burst out laughing when he first appeared on the screen. So I thank you for that moment.

The official site has listed all the games we have scored more than 7 goals in and i was at a few but one jogged a memory. It was the league cup tie at WHL v Doncaster in 1975 and my mate bet me ten number 6 that i wouldn't run on the pitch. We were in the Paxton that night and when John Duncan scored his hat trick goal i went over the low wall and onto the pitch then got pins and needles and managed to get as far as the corner flag by the shelf before a copper grabbed me and lobbed me out. Got me snout but wasn't my finest hour! Slaughtered me at school the next day.

All this talk of fatigue... it’s the beautifully insane support base that needs a bloody break... wallet, tired out limbs and all. Previously said I was happy with the draw and timing. Idiot. Friday night up the motorways was a disaster. About 8 hours driving and missed the chance to look around the ground and area, and chat to Tranmere fans... who seem like pretty decent folk.

Very proud of the team and our performance. It’s been a great bit of publicity for the club, Poch talking so well, youngsters coming through, fringe looking far sharper than last year.

What a time to be Spurs.

So we're left with the unconvincing explanation that he did it so the good people of Birkenhead could see Harry Kane in the flesh.

Be honest, that's a piss-poor reason. Do you really care who Tranmere fans get to and don't get to see?
Bill, you’re so miserable. It was a great decision. You know, you’ve played football - if you don’t want to get injured you won’t, like Eriksen. None of their players were likely to get close enough to Kane even if they’d wanted to foul him. It was good for everyone, and certainly appreciated by the Tranmere fans. Harry was there in case of a Newport situation and was no doubt in Poch’s ear all night.

Great game- Tranmere played positive and ran hard until the very end. Who cares if they lost by 7? I have more respect for them than the usual 11-men-behind-the-ball cunts we see in these ties. Honestly I was surprised they didn't bag a single goal. They had a couple nice chances.

What a game from Skipp. He is so careful on the ball usually but showed he can pick a pass like a boss when he has a bit of time and space. He did get picked from behind once though so still some things to work on, but wow- looks like a legit replacement in CM for us.

Glad to see Marsh and Eyoma make debuts. Marsh seemed like he could hang in CM. Hope to see more of him.

As for Kane, he wants goals. Always. Who cares if he got on to pad the scoresheet? And yes, clearly it made a real difference to the Tranmere fans who showed great spirit, camaraderie, and respect to our club! They absolutely loved it.

Fun game to watch. Glad we could put on a show!

So we're left with the unconvincing explanation that he did it so the good people of Birkenhead could see Harry Kane in the flesh.

Be honest, that's a piss-poor reason. Do you really care who Tranmere fans get to and don't get to see?

You're so far off base here it's ridiculous ... name me one striker that's been injured coming on for a run-out when his team is 6-0 up ... go on name just one

Kane had more chance of being hurt falling off the subs bench than doing what he's paid to do. Sometimes I think you just sit and ponder how you can be an even more miserable sod ...

0-7 biggest ever away win in our entire 130+ year's history ... and Bill Madrid is still pissed off ... what will it take?

Much thought on the long term expectation for TJ Eyoma and Marsh ?

I know Eyoma made the bench recently, and I think he was on the US tour in the summer, but back then it was all Amos and Skipp talk ( especially Skipp - who has a touch of the Perrymans about him I think )

I know Eyoma made the bench recently, and I think he was on the US tour in the summer, but back then it was all Amos and Skipp talk ( especially Skipp - who has a touch of the Perrymans about him I think )

Looks like Marsh might take Skipp's place in the far-end of the rotation while Skipp moves up to take either Wanyama or Dembele's (current) place.

No idea about Eyoma but I guess he is being assessed as another end-of-rotation option for the defense. Didn't really have much time to see him in action though.

Long-term I'm not sure really. They'll both need to get more game time before we can prognosticate.

Without the chiselled good looks

You're so far off base here it's ridiculous ... name me one striker that's been injured coming on for a run-out when his team is 6-0 up ... go on name just one

Kane had more chance of being hurt falling off the subs bench than doing what he's paid to do. Sometimes I think you just sit and ponder how you can be an even more miserable sod ...

0-7 biggest ever away win in our entire 130+ year's history ... and Bill Madrid is still pissed off ... what will it take?
Well at least I don't flirt with paedophilia with my user pic, so y'know, swings and roundabouts and all that.

In any event, you and others seem to have missed the point I was making quite spectacularly. I'm not and wasn't pissed off about Kane coming on. I haven't once mentioned the risk of him getting injured, that's you projecting. I'm not and wasn't moaning about anything at all, the only thing I was saying was that I suspect there's more truth to the explanation Pochettino supposedly gave to Steve Macmanaman, that Harry was begging MP to bring him on (Joe, you make this very point, "and was no doubt in Poch’s ear all night") than there is to the notion that he did it for the home fans.

Is that clear? Perhaps we can move on now

Back
Top Bottom