Mark Hughes Sacked, Redknapp In

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And you have achieved exactly what in football management?

and I mean really managing people playing football, as opposed to PS3 controls.

Yet you feel you have the right to take the piss out of someone who has the best track record of any of our PL managers, and who produced the best football seen at WHL since 1961 (and lets face it, if we are honest - football was dogshit back then)

and all you can come up with is to slate him for not having a wide range of witty repartee and interesting responses to reporters questions. I know who I'm impressed by - and its not smart arses who use sites like this to attempt to denigrate the guy.
Actually I disagree, football pre-premiership was fantastic for one reason alone. Integrity. something bereft in 'the modern era' (widely covered over many thread here so not worth re-igniting in any great depth) and never to be found again.

And frankly I'll take the piss out of any of our former managers, gerry francis came up the other day, pleat is another who raises a smile for the wrong reasons. Hoddle is one of the most fantastic players I have ever seen grace the turf, but he is frankly mad as a sack of badgers. I'd take the piss out of Jol, despite still having a lot of love for the guy.

Harry is different in some ways as I didn't mind his appointment and think he did a fantastic job at the time in providing the stability I personally craved for years, but he was never going to be the 'long term' 10 years+ manager, he did a reasonably good job, spent half the time promoting himself and working for the media and that was it. He's hardly the bastion of loyalty which you seem to think he deserves.

Plus, and this is just a guess, Harry probably doesn't read this site, and also probably doesn't give a toss about us as fans. He has a nice house, a family, and is in close proximity of direct flights from Bournemouth to Monaco. So the chances of anything that I ever write denigrating him ever actually making a smattering of difference, is pretty much zero.

So climb back down of that there horse, and chill out.

:harrylol:

Actually I disagree, football pre-premiership was fantastic for one reason alone. Integrity. something bereft in 'the modern era' (widely covered over many thread here so not worth re-igniting in any great depth) and never to be found again.

And frankly I'll take the piss out of any of our former managers, gerry francis came up the other day, pleat is another who raises a smile for the wrong reasons. Hoddle is one of the most fantastic players I have ever seen grace the turf, but he is frankly mad as a sack of badgers. I'd take the piss out of Jol, despite still having a lot of love for the guy.

Harry is different in some ways as I didn't mind his appointment and think he did a fantastic job at the time in providing the stability I personally craved for years, but he was never going to be the 'long term' 10 years+ manager, he did a reasonably good job, spent half the time promoting himself and working for the media and that was it. He's hardly the bastion of loyalty which you seem to think he deserves.

Plus, and this is just a guess, Harry probably doesn't read this site, and also probably doesn't give a toss about us as fans. He has a nice house, a family, and is in close proximity of direct flights from Bournemouth to Monaco. So the chances of anything that I ever write denigrating him ever actually making a smattering of difference, is pretty much zero.

So climb back down of that there horse, and chill out.

:harrylol:
pretty rich to accuse me of getting on a high horse, given that you seem to think that you have some divine right to slate people who are clearly higher achievers than you in their field, despite having offered no coherent reason to do so.
He doesn't have to read the shite you post to be denigrated by you.
I'm totally chilled, people who post crud make me laugh. Its like listening to 5 year olds play.

'crud' how very 1980's of you.

see flannerz post above. He's right you know.

Stop being an objectionable argumentative imbecile, extrapolating phrases to propagate an ill conceived concept and ffs, man the fuck up and LOL. :baeshock: :bae: :baelol:

Tommy do you ever moan about the government, or doctors, or police or anything.

I hope not, because until you have achieved anything in their line of work, by your logic, you have no right to say a damn thing.

In fact I hope you have never moaned about anyone doing a job, unless you've done that job yourself, and better.

'crud' how very 1980's of you.

see flannerz post above. He's right you know.

Stop being an objectionable argumentative imbecile, extrapolating phrases to propagate an ill conceived concept and ffs, man the fuck up and LOL. :baeshock: :bae: :baelol:

fantastic, you post something stupid, get called up for it and so your rocket science based argument is to call me an argumentative imbecile.

Nice, so can you show me your licence to post shit, without anyone ridiculing you for it - and I'll not comment on your posts in future?

oh and irrespective of my phraseology, your argument is crud

Tommy do you ever moan about the government, or doctors, or police or anything.

I hope not, because until you have achieved anything in their line of work, by your logic, you have no right to say a damn thing.

In fact I hope you have never moaned about anyone doing a job, unless you've done that job yourself, and better.

Not so sure what the relevance of your point is, I have seen enough football played at WHL over the years to remember what constitutes good football and what doesn't. When I see people posting crappy comments, such as the ones tricky posted, and it offends my sense of what is right and wrong. I made my opinions known. Isn't what this place is for? Or do some posters have special privileges?

I find it objectionable when people use anonymity and the insulation of hiding behind a keyboard to take pot shots at public figures, particularly in the case of a guy who did his best to get the most out of my favourite team - and mostly do a bloody good job of it - only to have same cackling smartarse pour ridicule on him.

I hated some of what Harry did in the name of THFC, including getting himself sacked - but I will always support the guy for turning the clubs fortunes round, making the team a real force to be reckoned with in England and across Europe, playing top class football - the Tottenham way.

Now we have a manager who constantly puts out a team of talented footballers that produce turgid and lifeless displays and yet if he is criticised, some people on here react as if we had called into question the virtue of the Virgin Mary. But no worries, Redknapp hits the news and out come the tricky's of this world, who actually thinks he's some kind of a genius with a regal right to slag off every manager in Spurs history, and that anyone who disagrees is dull witted.

and you seem to subscribe to his way of thinking........

if it makes you happy to think that way, I'm sure you are as equally pleased with yourself, as the admirable tricky obviously is with himself.

Not so sure what the relevance of your point is, I have seen enough football played at WHL over the years to remember what constitutes good football and what doesn't. When I see people posting crappy comments, such as the ones tricky posted, and it offends my sense of what is right and wrong. I made my opinions known. Isn't what this place is for? Or do some posters have special privileges?

I find it objectionable when people use anonymity and the insulation of hiding behind a keyboard to take pot shots at public figures, particularly in the case of a guy who did his best to get the most out of my favourite team - and mostly do a bloody good job of it - only to have same cackling smartarse pour ridicule on him.

I hated some of what Harry did in the name of THFC, including getting himself sacked - but I will always support the guy for turning the clubs fortunes round, making the team a real force to be reckoned with in England and across Europe, playing top class football - the Tottenham way.

Now we have a manager who constantly puts out a team of talented footballers that produce turgid and lifeless displays and yet if he is criticised, some people on here react as if we had called into question the virtue of the Virgin Mary. But no worries, Redknapp hits the news and out come the tricky's of this world, who actually thinks he's some kind of a genius with a regal right to slag off every manager in Spurs history, and that anyone who disagrees is dull witted.

and you seem to subscribe to his way of thinking........

if it makes you happy to think that way, I'm sure you are as equally pleased with yourself, as the admirable tricky obviously is with himself.

Considering I haven't once posted my feelings on Redknapp since he left the club, I'd like to know how you jumped to that conclusion?

My point is, you are saying Tricky's opinion on Harry is invalid because he has never managed a club. Which is utter crap.

I (facetiously, admittedly) pointed out that, by that logic, you could never criticise ANYONE in ANY line of work, if you first haven't performed that job to a better level than the object of your criticism. If a Doctor misdiagnoses me, I have to accept it because I've not done his job and have no right to criticise. Nothing in this world would ever be improved if that was the case

SysaB.png

Considering I haven't once posted my feelings on Redknapp since he left the club, I'd like to know how you jumped to that conclusion?

My point is, you are saying Tricky's opinion on Harry is invalid because he has never managed a club. Which is utter crap.

I (facetiously, admittedly) pointed out that, by that logic, you could never criticise ANYONE in ANY line of work, if you first haven't performed that job to a better level than the object of your criticism. If a Doctor misdiagnoses me, I have to accept it because I've not done his job and have no right to criticise. Nothing in this world would ever be improved if that was the case
Yes you did rather leap to massive conclusions about what I was saying, didn't you?
I just find it unbelieveable that people can't see the good in what the man achieved and would prefer to continually slag him off. I think the biggest issue to me is that I see him as Redknapp the football team manager, and other people are only too happy to assault him on the basis of Redknapp the person, irrespective of whether its knowledge or rumour, anything will do for a cheap shot. David Pleat and Genn Hodddle get the same treatment.

Is Tommy the new Sammy?:vdvcry:

You self righteous prick - where the fuck do you get off, making massively incorrect assumptions about other people?
You know nothing about me - and pretty much every assumption you have posted so far has been so far wrong, that it portrays you to be the shallow, self absorbed dickhead that I happily believe you to be.

Stick to your never ending, I have an opinion on every thread and subject, and I will pass judgement on you if you conflict with my way of thinking, football posts, and shove your inept personality analysis shite up your chocolate starfish.
Please.

My mother insists I'm polite when asking for something.

You self righteous prick - where the fuck do you get off, making massively incorrect assumptions about other people?
You know nothing about me - and pretty much every assumption you have posted so far has been so far wrong, that it portrays you to be the shallow, self absorbed dickhead that I happily believe you to be.
What a charming individual you are. For someone who rants about "knowing nothing about you", you are very quick to reach judgments about others.

Name calling is for the weak minded and the immature. Since it is a regular fallback for you you have enabled us to at least make that assumption about you.

Besides which, what exactly is it about being compared to Sammy that results in you throwing your toys out of the pram and resorting to this sort of behaviour?

Back
Top Bottom