"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
COYS!!!!

In May 2014, Tim Sherwood left.

Who would have imagined that we would be genuinely involved in three title races in five years at that point?

Outsiders we may be, but we're not out of it. Liverpool are over-reliant on Salah...one metatarsal cruncher in the next couple of matches and who knows.

In May 2014, Tim Sherwood left.

Who would have imagined that we would be genuinely involved in three title races in five years at that point?

Outsiders we may be, but we're not out of it. Liverpool are over-reliant on Salah...one metatarsal cruncher in the next couple of matches and who knows.
This has come up as a topic for discussion on the pod.

Given the off-field work being done at the club, it's genuinely astonishing how consistent we have been since the Leicester season. It's almost unfathomable how little leeway we get from the media considering the resources we have at hand, the attractive football we play, the England seniors we have been producing, and that inconvenient fact that we're quietly having a very very good PL season at the moment (as we all know by now, record points for us at this stage of the season).

At this point, I can only conclude that their desire for us to go away manifests itself in constant doom-mongering, lack-of-cups baiting, and active undermining of our manager.

And yet, here we are.

Win our next two and it'll be very very nice viewing.

Woolwich and Chelsea both have City in their next game and you also have Liverpool travelling to Old Trafford in a few weeks time, which will NOT be easy now Solsjkaer is there.

Our season really starts to get tough from there on out though. Chelsea away, the North London Derby, the second leg of the Champions League, Liverpool away etc.

Can’t believe we are still thereabouts, despite all of the obstacles ahead of us. Our injuries this season have been a joke.

Surely the dippers are due a couple of injuries to important players?

Last edited:
Win our next two and it'll be very very nice viewing.

Woolwich and Chelsea both have City in their next game and you also have Liverpool travelling to Old Trafford in a few weeks time, which will NOT be easy now Solsjkaer is there.

Our season really starts to get tough from there on out though. Chelsea away, the North London Derby, the second leg of the Champions League, Liverpool away etc.
Any thoughts on Leicester's form? I can't get a handle on it myself... turn up against some of the big boys then shit the bed to a random side.

On your latter point: who knows, maybe the football gods might actually smile down upon us and see Kane and Dele back fit (and finally well rested) right when we need them most.

Any thoughts on Leicester's form? I can't get a handle on it myself... turn up against some of the big boys then shit the bed to a random side.

On your latter point: who knows, maybe the football gods might actually smile down upon us and see Kane and Dele back fit (and finally well rested) right when we need them most.

Think they're just set up well against the big clubs who go for it against them.

Well now I feel great about next week.

1zGK.gif

Won't be an easy game without our key men. We beat them away without Kane but we also had Dele.

I think having 8 days rest helps us a lot - but we'll need to be at our best defensively. We know how much problems we've had with corners, set pieces and crosses in general and not many put the ball in the box better than James Maddison.

I think we'll beat them as I don't think they do the bus well.

Won't be an easy game without our key men. We beat them away without Kane but we also had Dele.

I think having 8 days rest helps us a lot - but we'll need to be at our best defensively. We know how much problems we've had with corners, set pieces and crosses in general and not many put the ball in the box better than James Maddison.

I think we'll beat them as I don't think they do the bus well.
Here's hoping they beat United.

And Maddison and Vardy both get reds for a pizza-related brawl.
:sherwoodlol:

Back
Top Bottom