Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"...Yeah, good times come and good times go
I only wish the good times would last a little longer
I think about the good times we had
And why they had to end...
...Story of my life
Story of my life
Story of my life
Story of my life
The story of my life..."

COYS

To be fair we are gonna spend fuck all this summer regardless of whether we are in the top 4 or not
It's the Europa League I am not looking forward to , don't care which players leave anymore
Why should we worry over a bunch of players who have delivered us no silverware and never will

Hard to believe how bad Sanchez is
how people are using shanchez as a scape goat is beyond me - its the constant changing of full backs thats fucking us up - means they never get a constant run of games like everyone else in the team - has nobody else ever questioned how crazy it is that neither LB or RB has barely ever played 2 games in a row in the last 3 years at spurs - both KWP and Danny Rose where at fault today - if i was a full back i would never want to come to spurs - guaranteed never to play more than 50% of games

I find it rather disturbing to see HK smiling and joking around with other players in in the first half when he missed so many chance.

What chances did he miss exactly? Two long range efforts and an offside chance? In the second he had one good chance when Eriksen played the ball behind him and the ball bobbled but other that this one is on some shocking defending and an inability to maintain possession.

I'd be more ok with this if we were still in the FA and League cup.

We can't throw away domestic cups AND fuck up the league

Spot on. We've had 1 Champs league game out of the last 5 games and we were already 3-0 up from the first leg so you would have thought we were focused on the league.

Instead we have played well for 45 mins out of all those league games and won none. And Kane and Dele have come back into the team so we should have improved.

It makes Poch look ridiculous to say cups arent important when you cant even play well or win any of those games.

There's a few in our squad who if they weren't at spurs, would be borderline WBA, Huddersfield, Stoke players.....

KWP is one.... And although no one will like to admit it but so is the likes of Lamela

I think we have a group of players who have proven themelseves to be top 3

Not sure if Tripps is injured, but as far as I’m concerned the table doesn’t lie. We finished 3rd last season. We were comfortably 3rd when he was playing.

Beat Leicester he played
Beat Newcastle he played
Lost to Burnley didn’t play
Lost to Chelsea he played
Drew with arsnal he played
Lost to Saints didn’t play

Worst RB apparently. Laughable Out of form, but so is most of the team.

I mean, we should win all games besides Liverpool and City away. Bournemouth away, Huddersfield, Brighton, WH and Everton at home. Fucking shit they are. Cmon lads, don't let this happen to us.

Don't even know what to say about that. Yet another game when we are totally in control and threw it away. Why can't pochettino be more fucking proactive with subs. Alli and Dier could barely move by the 60th minute yet he takes off Moura who was our best player today. No chance we are finishing in the top 4 now. We've taken 1pt from 12, we were extremely lucky not to lose to Woolwich as well. Dortmund the only 2 games we've played well. I'm fucking livid. Dier back is the biggest kick in the teeth. Turning circle of a fucking freight ship.

So depressing. Against Southampton too. Jesus fucking christ.

When losing becomes an acceptable habit we don't deserve a top four place.
How many games will we end up losing ?
At least 11 but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up at 12 or 13
Absolutely pathetic , that's early 2000s kind of numbers

how people are using shanchez as a scape goat is beyond me - its the constant changing of full backs thats fucking us up - means they never get a constant run of games like everyone else in the team - has nobody else ever questioned how crazy it is that neither LB or RB has barely ever played 2 games in a row in the last 3 years at spurs - both KWP and Danny Rose where at fault today - if i was a full back i would never want to come to spurs - guaranteed never to play more than 50% of games

The constant shuffling of the back 4 is fucking insane.

We need to build a whole new core of a team. We are so bad at simply passing the ball around with any sense of control, something that a team who want to compete at the highest level should just do automatically, and our pressing is nearly nonexistent these days. In terms of the quality of our football as a team, we are very poor right now. There has been an element of luck in a lot of our good results for quite a while. If the individuals don't shine in key moments, then there is no creative engine to sustain us anymore.

Its our fantastic, devoted away support I feel most sorry for.

They deserve so much more than this shit.

The away support that would sing you're getting relegated while 1-0 up, yeah let's motivate the other team...

Same lot singing 'you're fucking shit' at Tranmere..... Have a word.

Rose and Walker Peters were so poor today defensively and Dier offers nothing in front of the Backline. That was the problem today for sure.
Sorry, but the biggest problem today was inept finishing and a casual mentality. The forwards didn't do their jobs. We make it 2-0 and the game is done. Totally self-inflicted.

A lot of us Spurs fans believe that with the players we have we should be fighting for winning the league. This game proves that we just simply won’t anytime soon.
I think you are at least partly right and that has always been hard for me to understand, we would've needed some kind of miracle to finish ahead of City this season; they are still miles ahead of us, a top four finish and reaching the quarter finals of the CL was always the realistic goal imo.

Back
Top Bottom