Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please no!

Not much going on transfer-wise, so resurrect the Bale rumour/nightmare. I wouldn't have him if RM paid all his wages.

We need to look forward, not back.

Was watching the 2011-12 PL 'highlights' on Sky (mainly Scouser, Woolwich, United, City hammering Blackburn, Wigan etc.) and there was Bale playing alongside Gallas, Bentley, Friedel etc.

Look forward.

Please no Danny.
I get your point but that does look selective to be fair.

Lloris, walker, Rose, modric, Sandro, dembele, van der vaart, defoe...

I get your point but that does look selective to be fair.

Lloris, walker, Rose, modric, Sandro, dembele, van der vaart, defoe...

I remember a young looking Rose in the short clip Sky showed of one of Spurs games. Modric was there as well as Adebayor. Pretty sure Friedel was in goal. Walker scored from a free-kick.

Anyway, we need to look forward and buy for the future. No Bale please.

Back when I were a lad I was banging this tidy blonde sort. She had gorgeous tits, so perfectly formed that she rarely wore a bra, and had the sweetest and tightest mango I’ve ever had the pleasure to taste and enter. She was quite up front that I was just a shag to her - she was into richer, older guys - but I was more than happy being her fucktoy, and what great memories I had of passion-filled nights with her, memories to last a lifetime (although maybe not nights to tell the grandkids).

We became closer, verging on to a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship whereby she’d start getting pissed off if I went AWOL for a few days on a bender with the lads. I think she got a bit concerned we were becoming too close as, like I said, rich guys were more her type, but rather than be honest and say she wanted to end it she just shunned my texts and calls hoping I’d get the hint, which of course I did but was mightily pissed off.

Fast forward a year or so and I get a “Hello stranger” text out of the blue, and despite the temptation to respond, I decided fuck her, I’m over it and have moved on. Yes, we had some memorable nights, and yes I had the time of my life, but since then we’d gone our separate ways and were in different places to where we were back then. I even had a better job by this point and, whilst certainly not rich, could’ve afforded at least some of her high maintenance. But I stuck to my principles, figure I was better off without her, and gave her a taste of her own medicine by ignoring what was clearly a booty call.

Do I regret it? Fuck yeah, I totally should’ve given her one or two more bangs as I’ve not slid into a snatch as nice as hers since then. I totally should have put pride to one side, instead remembering what great times I had with her and looking forward to having a few more.

My point is for those trying to make a rational argument against having Bale back at the Lane. To those people, I would ask this question: if Bale hadn’t played for us preciously and used us as a stepping stone (and, to be fair, every single team in the world, Man Utd in their pomp included, eg Beckham, Ronaldo could be seen as stepping stones to RM) then would you still feel we are better off without him, or would you jump at the chance to sign a world-class player who scored THAT overhead kick against Atletico in a final that was almost lost?

Last edited:
And yet you're probably happy with 30 year old Sissoko skipping around midfield??
How can you possibly compare that to a discussion concerning forking out £50m to bring an ex player back into the squad...??Whether or not I'm happy with Sissoko in the team has fuck all to do with if I think we should bring Bale back. Two entirely different topics...so please don't suppose anything.

Back when I were a lad I was banging this tidy blonde sort. She had gorgeous tits, so perfectly formed that she rarely wore a bra, and had the sweetest and tightest mango I’ve ever had the pleasure to taste and enter. She was quite up front that I was just a shag to her - she was into richer, older guys - but I was more than happy being her fucktoy, and what great memories I had of passion-filled nights with her, memories to last a lifetime (although maybe not nights to tell the grandkids).

We became closer, verging on to a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship whereby she’d start getting pissed off if I went AWOL for a few days on a bender with the lads. I think she got a bit concerned we were becoming too close as, like I said, rich guys were more her type, but rather than be honest and say she wanted to end it she just shunned my texts and calls hoping I’d get the hint, which of course I did but was mightily pissed off.

Fast forward a year or so and I get a “Hello stranger” text out of the blue, and despite the temptation to respond, I decided fuck her, I’m over it and have moved on. Yes, we had some memorable nights, and yes I had the time of my life, but since then we’d gone our separate ways and were in different places to where we were back then. I even had a better job by this point and, whilst certainly not rich, could’ve afforded at least some of her high maintenance. But I stuck to my principles, figure I was better off without her, and gave her a taste of her own medicine by ignoring what was clearly a booty call.

Do I regret it? Fuck yeah, I totally should’ve given her one or two more bangs as I’ve not slid into a snatch as nice as hers since then.
Right decision....those tits will be round her ankles now, she'll have put on ten stone in weight and her snatch will look like a bill posters bucket....stay warm with the memories rather than freeze under the harsh reality of now. :thumbup:

have you read today's Marca yet?
Yeah, and meh. I think they're just desperate to pacify the howling madridistas who seem to be horrified at the prospect of their club having to abide by the terms of a contract.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Madrid have to recoup at least €100 million less than their outgoings to avoid UEFA sanctions (I presume this means FFP, tho this term isn't used in the media). Some Chinese team (managed by Quique Flores, ex Madrid player and Valencia/Atleti/Watford manager) offered to take Bale, even give him a pay rise, but on a free, but got turned down as they have to semi-balance the books

Not this shit again.. Every transfer window the Bale debate raises its ugly head. We weren’t good enough for the disrespectful Turd a few years ago so fuck him, let him rot at RM and get booed every week, let him feel what being disrespected is..

That still leaves us having to pick up a tab of £270,000-£ 300,000 a week, 75-100% more than any other player for an injury prone 30-year-old who you can't see being the life and soul of the "Tottenham family".

Fuck that

For info

Bale has played 231 times in 6 seasons for RM (102 goals) compared to 203 times in 6 seasons for us (55 goals). So 36 games a season on average. He made 42 appearances for RM in 2018-2019.

If Toby goes I really think we must sign another Centre back. Vertonghen missed 18 games through injury last season, Foyth has not looked secure with several costly errors and while I agree that Dier is better at CB than midfield I’m not sure he believes that himself. Sanchez and Vertonghen showed themselves to be a good pairing in 17-18 but if one of them gets injured we wouldn’t have enough quality cover there.

Somewhere above I did qualify by saying if it was a lefty I might feel differently, I just think we are stocked for RCB’s.

For info

Bale has played 231 times in 6 seasons for RM (102 goals) compared to 203 times in 6 seasons for us (55 goals). So 36 games a season on average. He made 42 appearances for RM in 2018-2019.
Still, fuck him, gibbon-headed cunt

gibbon6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom