Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I deliberately put £70m-£80m to spread the € and £'s that I've seen quoted, I've no idea what their actual valuation is just taking what has been reported (various sources, various denominations). Same with the potential figure we might be buying him for, there is variation.

£30-£35m is a highly significant amount of money if reports are true.

One of the other reasons no doubt that has caused this to drag is there are 3 parties that own him and for sure they would like a return on their investment, but seeing that they only bought him 2 months ago!! It could be argued they are being a tad greedy, but he's their player and they can ask what they want for him. How they structured the deal with sell-on's etc is really fuck all to do with us, other than it's delayed a deal going through as they hold out for a better offer, which hasn't been forthcoming by the looks of things. Fekir is now their player and there can be little doubt that he is Lo Celso's replacement.

What he is or isn't worth €20m, €50m or €80m I'm blind as I've never seen him kick a football before. Football is a funny old game if you think that it was supposed to be a done deal last year for Fekir was going to Liverpool for €60m, who they have just bought for €20m. Now I have seen Fekir play and I would say €20m is one of the best deals of the window so far (fitness willing).

The market is an odd place. Players worth’s can go up and down a lot but I suppose it’s the job of the club to looks at the true underlying ability and suitability for the team. In this case we obviously see Lo Celso not Fekir or someone else as the guy with the biggest potential for us.

For what it’s worth I know a few Spaniards, two are RM and one is Barca of the football loving ones. When I asked, one of them raves about him and wishes Barca were in for him, the two RM lads agree he is top quality and would improve us quite a bit. ‘The type of midfielder you would see at Man City or Barca’ was the quote I remember most.

I haven’t see enough of him to judge personally but he does have a big reputation outside of this country but seemingly not well known here.

I saw more than enough of Ndombele last season to think he would be a brilliant signing, in today’s market I actually think we got Ndombele for a good price. Ndombele for me will prove to be the best signing of any team this window, he has incredible ability.

I still maintain we already have a great signing who is just about to show it next season and that's Moura. I think there's far more to come from this guy and pray to God that Poch allows him the opportunties to prove it and doesn't just use him as a sub.

The market is an odd place. Players worth’s can go up and down a lot but I suppose it’s the job of the club to looks at the true underlying ability and suitability for the team. In this case we obviously see Lo Celso not Fekir or someone else as the guy with the biggest potential for us.

For what it’s worth I know a few Spaniards, two are RM and one is Barca of the football loving ones. When I asked, one of them raves about him and wishes Barca were in for him, the two RM lads agree he is top quality and would improve us quite a bit. ‘The type of midfielder you would see at Man City or Barca’ was the quote I remember most.

I haven’t see enough of him to judge personally but he does have a big reputation outside of this country but seemingly not well known here.

I saw more than enough of Ndombele last season to think he would be a brilliant signing, in today’s market I actually think we got Ndombele for a good price. Ndombele for me will prove to be the best signing of any team this window, he has incredible ability.
Completely agree with Ndombele, I've been raving about him for over a year now and because I've watched him I too think the money we've paid is, gulp, acceptable in today's market, mainly because of his age as well as what I've seen from him.

Good to hear those comments on Lo Celso, my fingers are crossed.

Well we do have to make space in the squad to bring new players in. They are the rules. At one point we had a named squad of 21 due to this.

Think right now we can add 1 x non home grown player and that’s us done.

So if they wanted to add Llorente for instance (as had been mentioned by some on here) we have to sell someone.

Pretty sure we only have 6 homegrown players now.

Yes, that is true ofc.
But we could sell N'Koudou for peanuts, and buy someone more expensive.

We cannot register more foreign players than allowed, I was just arguing against the point that money from sales of players would have to cover the sum of purchases.

I don't believe this one bit.

We are now on different terms financially speaking. Revenue that we can expect from new stadium ticketing cost + upgraded shirt sponsorship + stadium naming rights + higher than expected price money from CL + constantly growing TV money changes the game. It might not but we have to factor in our remarkably low salary base as well (so this "bloated squad to pay wages for" is far from truth even if we do sign GLC+Sessegnon and sell no one).

We will see what will the case be in the long run, but we are financially in very strong position. And stadium debt is with super long schedule, so there will be excess amount of money from those payments. And that can be channeled to both - buying and wage budgets.

Same every single year. Every year for the last 5 years has seen us take more money for various reasons. Every year see's us selling to spend. It's not a bad thing, it's just a thing.

Best thing about this is he was bang on the money. It took Chelsea's billions to break the Man United monopoly.

I still maintain we already have a great signing who is just about to show it next season and that's Moura. I think there's far more to come from this guy and pray to God that Poch allows him the opportunties to prove it and doesn't just use him as a sub.

Totally agree. He's getting better and better in my mind.

Agree. There needs to be a starting place for Moura. He has earned it

Same every single year. Every year for the last 5 years has seen us take more money for various reasons. Every year see's us selling to spend. It's not a bad thing, it's just a thing.

Well... will we start building new stadium (and complete it ... every year?) :D
It has been spoken about as a gamechanger and I believe it will be. Years before completion of stadium and after belong to different eras :)

Yes, that is true ofc.
But we could sell N'Koudou for peanuts, and buy someone more expensive.

We cannot register more foreign players than allowed, I was just arguing against the point that money from sales of players would have to cover the sum of purchases.

Well I don’t think we need to have a close to negative net Spend any more.
But I also don’t see ENIC changing too much.

I can’t see us going out and spending £100m+ on players without recouping a sizeable amount.
Hopefully I’m wrong and we end up spending the money we need to. If not Poch’s plans to start rebuilding the squad have hit a pothole early on.

Imagine being a chairman and seeing the words "DANIEL LEVY CALLING" appear on your mobile?

They won't ever see it, he's probably on their blocked list.

Is levy screwing us again? 6 more days to find out.

I'm never really sure if what we get is press BS about all the players we're linked to, or whether Levy does actually try to offer half the value of a player and never quite get to the final number. Either way, another window is about to pass us by. Ndombele looks like a great signing, but I would argue with him only, we would be starting the season weaker.

You are being too negative. Careful. Not sure we can get better players.

This is my first transfer window on the Fighting Cock. I suspect it's the same here as everywhere, predominantly full of fans that have transfer window amnesia.

Is levy screwing us again? 6 more days to find out.

If we are talking about Lo Celso and not bulging at astronomic price tag - then no.

Not worth anything close to 75 mil EUR. I understand that some here are hardwire to yell "Just pay it Levy!!" but it would be ridiculous to just pay whatever figures the selling club can imagine.
He is 23 yo player, who has played like 2 full-seasons worth of senior football up to now.

I see exactly 0 reasons why should we pay more for him than we did pay for Ndombele.

If we are talking about Lo Celso and not bulging at astronomic price tag - then no.

Not worth anything close to 75 mil EUR. I understand that some here are hardwire to yell "Just pay it Levy!!" but it would be ridiculous to just pay whatever figures the selling club can imagine.
He is 23 yo player, who has played like 2 full-seasons worth of senior football up to now.

I see exactly 0 reasons why should we pay more for him than we did pay for Ndombele.
Mate we can't even conclude a deal for a championship player.

It's absolutely got fuck all to do with whether or not he's worth it to Levy and if you think it does then you like in cloud cookoo land.

Poch has identified Lo Celso so get him the player he wants ffs.

Can you imagine how much Levy would charge for a copy of his autobiography ?? I would imagine the guy is financially on the bones of his arse (a Welsh term meaning 'extremely poor')and needs to make ends meet. The book would probably be about £35,000 for each one and even more for the hardback version :roflmao: :roflmao:

Now...here's a challenge for you all......if Daniel Levy wrote his autobiography what do you think the title should be ??

“My Life with TFC “

It's absolutely got fuck all to do with whether or not he's worth it to Levy and if you think it does then you like in cloud cookoo land.

Fulham were asking for a silly price for Sessegnon and we should absolutely not give in to that. The reality of the market will force selling clubs to get serious if they actually want to sell players, the deadline is coming.

Are Fulham going to throw away £25m and lose him on a free in 6 months? I doubt that very much. You can't just give in to silly demands just because you want him early, if we had paid £45m for Sessegnon in June that would have had serious long-term consequences for us. Liverpool bought a similar player in Robertson for £8m when he got relegated with Hull. We are not Man City and cannot afford to get rinsed on fees, expensive flops will be very costly now that we are signing players for £50m+. We have to be sensible, if we had paid £45m for him only to see him flop and become another Nkoudou, we would be in big trouble. We need to spend wisely.

Hmm, who of us does live in cookoo land? You are suggesting the solution, that Poch says name, and Levy just writes a blank check, to get him? What if Betis would request 120 mil? Still all cool for you? Levy should pay and if not he is a tight cnut?

Sorry, this seems way more cookoo land to me.

Back
Top Bottom