Audi Cup 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dav looked the business tonight and was far better than Toby who looked petrified of Arp. If Toby refuses to sign a contract he's our Ceballos
He has the beard of power now, that’s why. Looking much more solid than last season already, and interesting that Poch split up the Jan / Toby partnership- I suspect he’ll get a lot more time this season, especially with both CBs on short contracts now.

....in other news, how much does George Marsh look like Ryan Mason??

352559.jpg
english-premier-football-ryan-mason-mason_3273798.jpg

....just a casual observation!

Don't give a fuck about Audi cup but I DO love the players reactions during the penalty shootout.
I was particulary interested in Delila's lack of any emoton at all during the penalties, when all around were jumping up & down, until the final save, where he did manage a little something. I wonder if he's always as undemonstrative as that, or if he's thinking about a move to another club.

To be fair, whenever you watch those behind the scenes videos, he's always the one in his own little world, with his earphones in. I just hope he uses a volume limiter, or he could be looking at tinnitus or other forms of hearing loss in later years.

I was particulary interested in Delila's lack of any emoton at all during the penalties, when all around were jumping up & down, until the final save, where he did manage a little something. I wonder if he's always as undemonstrative as that, or if he's thinking about a move to another club.

To be fair, whenever you watch those behind the scenes videos, he's always the one in his own little world, with his earphones in. I just hope he uses a volume limiter, or he could be looking at tinnitus or other forms of hearing loss in later years.
Del Boy is the most misunderstood or should that be misrepresented player we have. Dictated by the media fuss around him, hellbent on portraying him as a petulant, fractious, out of control bling footballer who hates his maternal and paternal parents.

Del Boy is the most misunderstood or should that be misrepresented player we have. Dictated by the media fuss around him, hellbent on portraying him as a petulant, fractious, out of control bling footballer who hates his maternal and paternal parents.
Yes, but you have failed to address the more important potential hearing loss issue. The boy needs guidance.

I am convinced that many of his passes go astray because he just doesn't hear the call.

Aurier is better than Tripps, not perfect and we can do better than him but he much better than Tripps. KWP is probably on par with Tripps right now, but I've watched him for years and I hope a run of games will make him comfortable and more confident, he's better than Tripps at taking on the oppo, he also gets up and down the pitch better (Tripps simply didn't track back when he was up the pitch). I doubt if he has the stamina to do this all game, we will see. He can play out from the back better than Tripps, this is good for balance. He does need to work more on his positioning and closing down the oppo better, but Tripps was also shit at this, in fact, I'd still that KWP has better recovery that Tripps, there may be a penalty given away because of it but I prefer to t=see a defender trying to defend than not even bother waving his hands in the air on the edge of the box. On balance they are all better than Frodo, two with higher ceilings worth investing time in.

I didn't see this post mate so sorry for not responding.

I don't know if I agree that Aurier is better than Tripps, at least from the little I have seen from him, I think I would say he is on par with Tripps, which means, not good enough imo, KWP is below Tripps imo, both in an attacking and defensive sense and that's saying something, I just don't think KWP will ever make the grade personally, hope he proves me wrong but nothing suggests so far that will be the case to me at least, I do agree he gets up and down the pitch quicker than Tripps though and certainly puts more effort in, that cannot be denied, he's a nice lad as well, I just don't think he has the raw ability, mind you saying that, neither did Tripps and he was still our first choice RB so who knows.

I just think we need to sign a quality proven RB at CL level.

Yes, but you have failed to address the more important potential hearing loss issue. The boy needs guidance.

I am convinced that many of his passes go astray because he just doesn't hear the call.

No do doubt he listens to the devil's music.

Really? I'd have thought it would be that boom boom repetitive stuff.

Isn't that what the modern re-vision of the proverbial devil's music comprises....

Once old farts alienated by Led Zep, Pink Floyd and Sabbath in the late 60's, fearing subliminal satanic messages.... Then NWA & 2 Live Crew in the 80's/Early 90's unveiling to the world that profanity and sex existed ( :roll: ).... From then on Acid House and those dreaded repetitive beats the Sun tried to get banned during the rave era cos they 'were' brain-washing the impressionable youth into taking drugs ("Hi" to Leah Bett's dumb wanker of a father)?

Of course, it's subjective... But cunts like Ariana Grande getting 9 year old girls obsessed high priced perfume and other such overpriced merch top my list of evil these days.

Last edited:
Isn't that what the modern re-vision of the proverbial devil's music comprises....

Once old farts alienated by Led Zep, Pink Floyd and Sabbath in the late 60's, fearing subliminal satanic messages.... Then NWA & 2 Live Crew in the 80's/Early 90's unveiling to the world that profanity and sex existed ( :roll: ).... From then on Acid House and those dreaded repetitive beats the Sun tried to get banned during the rave era cos they were brain-washing the impressionable youth into taking drugs ("Hi" to Leah Bett's dumb wanker of a father)?

Of course, it's subjective... But cunts like Ariana Grande getting 9 year old girls obsessed high priced perfume and other such overpriced merch top my list of evil these days.
Oh.

tottenham-bayern-310719zf.jpg

Pretty smart trophy for a couple of friendlies, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not the only silverware we win this season.

Once old farts alienated by Led Zep, Pink Floyd and Sabbath in the late 60's, fearing subliminal satanic messages.... Then NWA & 2 Live Crew in the 80's/Early 90's unveiling to the world that profanity and sex existed ( :roll: ).... From then on Acid House and those dreaded repetitive beats the Sun tried to get banned during the rave era cos they 'were' brain-washing the impressionable youth into taking drugs ("Hi" to Leah Bett's dumb wanker of a father)?

I prefer to play some blues music backwards, you dont summon the Devil but you do get your house back, wife back and dog back.....

Back
Top Bottom