Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree. Aurier clearly tried to stop making contact, while Mané felt the lightest of touches and dived.

It's a pen. Fucking annoying, but a pen all the same.

Aurier is all over the shop. There's nothing calm or assured about him. It's all reckless lunges and over the top nonsense.

I am definitely no Poch apologist, usually accused of the opposite, but I don't think his tactics were wrong today, in fact I think in their conception they were pretty much bang on the money. 433, match them up in midfield, hopefully not allowing them to get pressure overloads and meaning you can play out of their pressure as well, and switch it to a 451 without the ball and stop their FB's marauding.

I don't necessarily think it was our plan to spend so much of the game shelling, we just scored so early it affected the dynamics and forced Liverpool to be more proactive and us to adopt that protect we we've got mentality. And that wouldn't have been an issue, that's how Liverpool beat us in the Cl final for example, but
the omnipresent problem, as ever with Poch, is that his selections didn't quite marry up with his tactical application, and we weren't quite up to the job.

We have Eriksen and particularly Son not doing very good jobs of stifling their flanks, Son was repeatedly forgetting his role, wandering infield and doing nothing useful defensively at all, allowing their CB's an easy out ball to TAA and though Eriksen was better positionally, he was weak when run at by the likes of Mane and Robertson.

Then there was a long phase from about the 15-20th minute when we just stopped putting any pressure on them at all. I was fine with us leaving their CB's alone and not getting sucked up and out - that's smart - but as soon as they get into our half we have to start applying pressure, but we just stood off and allowed them to pop the ball about and get it out wide and get dangerous balls into our box. Once we started doing this an equaliser was always likely.

Maybe if Lamela hadn't got injured late on he'd have started out there instead of Eriksen, but surely, even though there are footballing compromises with him, Moura would have made more sense, tactically, as the wide right forward. From a defensive point of view he'd have more energetically and aggressively covered that flank and offensively he'd have given us some pace on the counter.

Then we had Sissoko and Alli as the 8's and Winks as the 6. Defensively they all put a shift in but Winks (17) , Sissoko (18) and Alli (25) received the ball 60 times in 90 minutes between them. That's nine less than Fabinho on his own. Our three forwards received the ball 62 times - 2 more than our midfield.

Once again the lack of "football" from this midfield was a real issue. And I include Eriksen and Son ion that too.

This midfield just did not want the ball when the pressure was on and we needed to do something other than just shell it and hump it long. If we could have played just a bit of football, got out of our half and given them something else to think about, it would have helped, but that didn't happen until Ndombele came on Sissoko was moved up and Liverpool went 2-1 up and started shelling themselves.

Son missed an open goal and got himself offside needlessly when in good positions and found by clever passes by Ndombele. Rose with a great assist for their goal (he's been culpable in so many goals this season) guilds it by wasting a great chance at the end, spunking the ball over the bar.

When I first saw the pen I thought it was a foul on Aurier, he's in possession and about to play the ball and mane just leaps in front of his swinging leg, but it is Aurier so who fucking knows, maybe I'm wrong,

On the plus side, Ndombele and Lo Celso at least look like footballers who aren't scared of the football. Which is nice change for our midfield. If only we had a coach who would pick them, we might play some.

Last edited:
I disagree. Aurier clearly tried to stop making contact, while Mané felt the lightest of touches and dived.
Mané has a history of diving (look at Leicester game last match for instance). He is among the worst serial offenders in the whole of football but the media want Liverpool to have that advantage. Guendouzi is also a serial diver but again nobody in the media says so.

Worst thing is the idiots or fake Spurs fans on here defend the cheats that harm Tottenham they are the disgrace to this club.

Mané has a history of diving (look at Leicester game last match for instance). He is among the worst serial offenders in the whole of football but the media want Liverpool to have that advantage. Guendouzi is also a serial diver but again nobody in the media says so.

Worst thing is the idiots or fake Spurs fans on here defend the cheats that harm Tottenham they are the disgrace to this club.
Name and shame

leicester wont last, they will drop points, and chelsea while playing quite well, are not that great, and will drop points, and we should get some form back soon, with changes if poch sees sense, the only really terrible games have been bayern and brighton, no idea on that one apart from we were half asleep.
Newcastle and Watford were terrible as well.

Nothing wrong with Poch's tactics .... the muppets on here calling for 4-3-3 Eriksen and Dele are the same muppets who now say terrible team selection ...

Fact is just as in the Leicester game we were millimetres away from 2-0 and probably three points in each case ... just the way it goes when you're struggling. Liverpool are a good side at home full of confidence, 2-1 is hardly the end of the world especially when it so easily could have been the other way around

Neither Son nor Eriksen cover back, against a side who attack out wide that's calamitous, and Eriksen is becoming the "Ozil" of Tottenham, when the going gets tough he's the invisible man ... thank goodness he isn't on a 350k five year contract ... we very much need to move on from him and Danny, two good club servants now well passed their best before dates.

As for the penalty ... Mane caught Aurier's leg just seconds before ... if one's a foul why isn't the other?

I like how some so-called Spurs fans attack their team when they were clearly ROBBED by Anthony Taylor. It was throughout the game, booking Spurs players for Liverpool dives and not giving many fouls on Tottenham to eventually that penalty which was incorrect.

If some of you lot call yourself Spurs fans you are worse than Eriksson ever is on his worst day. No team on this planet can survive such a biased cheating performance by this referee who haa had a history against Spurs. And Sky completely covered it up and went 'quiet' when contentious decisions occured. Giving MOM to the player whose only contribution was to dive for their penalty in the entire match proved how biased Sky is.

Gazzanigga produced a masterclass of goalkeeping and receive no credit from Gooner TV. But the so-called fans who slag off their team on here should look at themselves for not supporting their team against such adversity.
I think there are too many TROLLS on here - they might be West Spam, Woolwich or Chelski but these ppl cannot be Spurs fans.

How can you watch a referee cheat Tottenham so blatantly and then slag off your own team, unless it isn't your team?

If these are genuine Spurs fans slagging off their team after that cheating performance then THEY are what's wrong with Spurs, not the players nor the manager or Levy.

Proper fans support their team - it seems these Sun/Mirror-readers don't and believe everything Sky (Woolwich TV) tell them. You're a disgrace!

What the actual fuck are you on about? Going on and on about a conspiracy against us and calling everyone on here a troll? Are you an idiot?

Back
Top Bottom