Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we must give dier some game time, he is good when match fit.
but after the injury he looks heavy and slowish, but with game time could get the sharpness back, and help the squad, or even 1st team, and winks should be squad now, and he will get better.

we must give dier some game time, he is good when match fit.
What we really need to do is to sign a good and solid DM. We should stop fooling ourselves, just like people said last summer that we didn't need a new right-back, how we had more than enough options, it has been a disaster.

The sooner we sell and replace the likes of Aurier, Rose, Wanyama and Dier the better, they are done at this club.

yes they were bad, but we were not outplayed and dominated like the bayern game
we weren't out scored like Bayern but it could have been 3-1 at half time at least. We were both outplayed and dominated for long spells. But that's cool - who were the last team who went to Anfield and did both those things? Probably us, but we lost and I'm just thankful that the players (bar a couple) turned up. Could have gone for us, but like the City game we didn't earn anything, we just got a different result and I'm OK with that as long as it means something to the players. Felt like it did, so we call it like it is that we're not as good.

heres the reason why we will fly up the table, we will beat all teams outside top 2, if we have two quality full backs, because when we come up against bus teams, we will break them down early in game, due to higher quality service for our forwards, from our new star full backs, we will triple the quality and amount of crosses, and that should be enough to score, and then rip them apart when they have to give up the bus, its so frustrating, we spurs fans can see whats wrong and how to attempt to fix it, and poch cant, we have to wonder why, its not rocket science, but poch seems to think so.

Do you all think Eriksen would have started if lamela wasn't injured? Any word on KWP? Where is he? Poch was supposedly happy with him and foyth as RB choices. Yet we are constantly watching dipshit aurier over in RB game in game out. Why sell Trips and get nothing. How is that a good way to do buisness

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Flashes of good football today, we played up to the competition to some degree. Saw a spark of pride and grit that’s been missing for a few matches.

2. Gaz was outstanding, kept us in the match when we were getting shelled.

3. Son was his usual bundle of energy, I still think he’s the best player on the squad.

4. Don’t think Rose played (or is) as bad as some believe. He’s still got heart IMO.

5. VAR/center should take into account Serge had possession, and was attempting to clear it when Mane got in front of him. Haven’t looked at it closely, but he seemed to be swinging his leg when Mane got there. What the hell’s he supposed to do? We got fucked.

6. Sell Dele now please. He’s at the top of my list.

7. Eriksen is not winning any defensive player awards anytime soon.

8. Sitting back and playing defense, and waiting on the counter may or may not have been the best tactic today, but for God’s sake...... there has to be SOME attempt to possess. Lots of opportunities for controlled outlet passes, but instead they opted to bomb it out to no one or the guys in red. Very frustrating to watch.

Or, he was always overrated due to his goal tally and was actually never that good to begin with. I know which one I believe it to be. And the beauty of my take is you can actually mitigate the problem. He's not good, never was good, never was a MF from day 1 even though he gets put there, and isn't going to get better/come good/get back to the old Dele. He is the old Dele, just without the goals. So you recognize that as an organization and recruit a player on top of him. He moves to the bench and actually learns his craft or fades away.

In Ndombele and GLC's combined 37 minutes on the field they provided more actual footballing than Dele has for about 2 years. He's not a good footballer and never was a good footballer and can easily be replace by many a competent footballer from around the globe.

Go on You tube and watch his goals at Palace and the Chavs

He was good all right but a shadow of his former self ruined by this manager

did a little sim the other day on pes 2019 played the way we are now same personnel tactics etc, and we were samish as we are now, we played wolves, we dominated most of match, but were so easily caught on the break, got a draw, anyway i went scouting and replaced full backs with dani carvahal rb, and pischek lb, and i played wolves again same settings everything as before apart from two new full backs, and their extra quality paid dividends, dangerous crosses raining in, and they shot at goal on target, and our forwards scored 5, this was just a testing of my thoughts and after what i saw it was the answer, they even defended, we won 5-0, they really made the difference, try it for yourself

did a little sim the other day on pes 2019 played the way we are now same personnel tactics etc, and we were samish as we are now, we played wolves, we dominated most of match, but were so easily caught on the break, got a draw, anyway i went scouting and replaced full backs with dani carvahal rb, and pischek lb, and i played wolves again same settings everything as before apart from two new full backs, and their extra quality paid dividends, dangerous crosses raining in, and they shot at goal on target, and our forwards scored 5, this was just a testing of my thoughts and after what i saw it was the answer, they even defended, we won 5-0, they really made the difference, try it for yourself
I don't play video games but this feature sounds awesome and super fun!

I still don't understand how it was a pen. So all you need is to manage to stick your leg in between the ball and defenders foot while defender is in motion to kick the ball?

What a load of shit that call was. Worse than the handball call on Sissoko in the last CL final. That little cunning rat Mane did it again

Back
Top Bottom