The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Should have gone by now

Newcastle
Watford
Sheff Utd
Brighton
Leicester
Colchester

Just not good enough
for me that's not the worst of it, it started last Feb,
we played only OK for the first half of last season, then from Feb we were awful in the league, He had enough time last season to sort it, then the summer break to sort it, nothing changed

You could make valid excuses for our form drop off last season - losing Dembele, losing Kane, Dier and Alli to injury and the distraction of the unexpected champions league run.

In pre season we looked on fire against Juventus - playing them off the field. Then the season started. Jan emerges with a black eye, the fans have decided that Eriksen is judas and none of our new signings are fit.

Poch's 'system' was found out by other teams who have found it easy to stop us playing out from defense and thus far he has not yet delivered an alternative.

It would seem that Poch anticipated the difficulties this season; always stressing that a rebuild was required and that it would take some time.

We have to hope that he has a plan when he gets the players in that he needs; and maybe doesn't want to play his cards early in the season.

Without any new players; we still have Foyth, Sess, Lo Celso to come into the starting 11 and, we are awaiting Ndombele to get up to full fitness. With any luck, Foyth and Sess will be able to deliver the service from wide positions and Lo Celso the creativity from midfield.

Top 4 is still possible. We are only 3 points and 3 goals off 5th. 12 points off 2nd. As Fergie once said...the league doesn't really start until Xmas.

So Luis Enrique is now back as Spain manager?

Taking him out of the running for the Woolwich job then
Good luck to him, though the way the Spanish FA have handled it, with the news leaked before the game vs Romania last night, was appalling and very cruel on Robert Moreno, who has conducted himself with enormous credit in the interim.

Shades of Martin Jol's dismissal

Good luck to him, though the way the Spanish FA have handled it, with the news leaked before the game vs Romania last night, was appalling and very cruel on Robert Moreno, who has conducted himself with enormous credit in the interim.

Shades of Martin Jol's dismissal
Yeah, the way the Spanish FA has handled this has not been good at all. Moreno has been class, even said that he would step aside if Luis asked if I remember correctly, but this seems to have been a decision taken without even consulting him.

Like, I could understand sacking Lopetequi days before the world cup because of the Real debacle. But thisis completely different.

Don't want a stop gap manager, I want our net manager to be a long term appointment who we fully invest in and get behind. Not Harry Redknapp, not Jose Mourinho and not Eddie Howe.

Pochettino done nothing in the last year in truth that would make his departure something most would cry over.

His stock has dipped alarmingly.

The talk of him going to a bigger club is quite laughable really.

Pochettino done nothing in the last year in truth that would make his departure something most would cry over.

His stock has dipped alarmingly.

The talk of him going to a bigger club is quite laughable really.
We weren't saying that for the month of May. We thought the league was just a sideshow, that the CL was the big adventure we had to invest in.

What has happened since then has been utterly shambolic. Players who used to be massively dependable are now playing like treacherous shites, yet Poch keeps picking them. The shape of the team is constantly wrong and painful obvious to most untrained eyes, again why?

Too many at this club I feel didn't expect or want to be here this season. Now we're reaping the consequences of them still being here.

Don't want a stop gap manager, I want our net manager to be a long term appointment who we fully invest in and get behind. Not Harry Redknapp, not Jose Mourinho and not Eddie Howe.

I really don't want another manager with a 5 year project. We're past that. I want a manager who can get us going from the start and who is also backed accordingly by the board. I think a young up and coming manager type wouldn't fit the bill.

I really don't want another manager with a 5 year project. We're past that. I want a manager who can get us going from the start and who is also backed accordingly by the board. I think a young up and coming manager type wouldn't fit the bill.
I'm not talking about a "Young up and coming", I'm talking about a possibly young, but established manager capable of managing his team rotation, capable of playing good football and capable of utilising his squad to the maximum; also well established and with a good CV.

erik-ten-haag.jpg

I'm not talking about a "Young up and coming", I'm talking about a possibly young, but established manager capable of managing his team rotation, capable of playing good football and capable of utilising his squad to the maximum; also well established and with a good CV.

erik-ten-haag.jpg

Yes, I was more like taking your idea and going a bit further with it. As far as younger candidates go however, I'm not convinced by most of them. Quite ironic since when we hired Poch I was thinking that younger would have been the way to go.

I truly dont think we'll end up in relagation fight tbh.
6pts above relegation 6 weeks before Christmas and no sign of improvement.

There seems to be a notion from some Poch backers that we are too good to go down.
Some of those same people though have been claiming Poch had been let down with an inadequate Champo filled squad.

So which one is it?

Back
Top Bottom