Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he wants the manager gig, it's just not him. As long as he's involved in the coaching at Finch Farm, he'll be happy imo.

I feel a bit disappointed that he's not going to be in the job anymore. As I said before, he's one of the last players I would have thought to be management or coaching material but he's made his mark in a very short space of time and I really wanted to see what he could do with Everton.

I hope he does have a proper crack at management one day. It would be a shame to see his potential go to waste.

I think he would have been a huge gamble and the goons can probably afford to risk him, but we can't because we're really struggling right now. I'd rather have someone proven/experienced, and not someone like Silva who, as much as I liked the guy, has failed in the UK. I know our fans love Arteta but he's never actually managed a club, and management is a different ball game, no pun intended, to being a coach. Duncan Ferguson seems to be handling it OK, so Arteta might as well. Arsehole are going to be tough though.

I think he would have been a huge gamble and the goons can probably afford to risk him, but we can't because we're really struggling right now. I'd rather have someone proven/experienced, and not someone like Silva who, as much as I liked the guy, has failed in the UK. I know our fans love Arteta but he's never actually managed a club, and management is a different ball game, no pun intended, to being a coach. Duncan Ferguson seems to be handling it OK, so Arteta might as well. Arsehole are going to be tough though.
So you guys are getting Ancelotti and possibly Zlatan in January.

How does it feel to be a FM save?

Interesting appointment but I’m not convinced this will work out well for Everton.

Ancelotti will improve them but he has no track record of building teams, only tweaking very good squads into winners. It’s such a competitive league and they are way off being contenders even for top 4.

Also used to listen to a European football podcast a year or two ago where Ancelotti was accused by a german journalist of having very little input into training at Bayern and limited tactics.

interesting to see how this plays out...

One of the greatest managers of all time and the man I wanted for us

he’ll have them fighting for trophies within a season. Very impressive appointment for them

absolutely stunned the goons didn’t throw everything at him

Interesting appointment but I’m not convinced this will work out well for Everton.

Ancelotti will improve them but he has no track record of building teams, only tweaking very good squads into winners. It’s such a competitive league and they are way off being contenders even for top 4.

Also used to listen to a European football podcast a year or two ago where Ancelotti was accused by a german journalist of having very little input into training at Bayern and limited tactics.

interesting to see how this plays out...
I would be surprised if he will finish anywhere near the top four next season, 7th/8th seems more likely.

Very impressive appointment for them

Is it not inconceivable they might’ve approached him and been pushed back?

Ancelotti doesn’t really have anything to prove in football - he’s won everything. Given that, what could he achieve at Woolwich that he couldn’t achieve at Everton and with less fan pressure?

carlo-U33014188425857eD--712x402@Gazzetta-Web_375x281.jpg

One of the greatest managers of all time and the man I wanted for us

he’ll have them fighting for trophies within a season. Very impressive appointment for them

Given the resources available to him at the clubs he has managed, he’s massively underperformed..........
EMT5NsRXUAAXeqA

Winning the European cup 3 times is something special, even if you manage one of the best teams. Guardiola hasn’t done it since Barcelona
He did have one of the best squads football has ever seen though, in AC Milan. Although, from what I can remember, apart from the chavs, he's never been a big spender at the clubs he's been.

Back
Top Bottom