What do you expect for the rest of the season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, being back in the hunt legitimately for 4th will likely not do good for our cup runs. CL represents the most money and not being in it will likely make Jose's summer recruitment much more contentious and lead to bad things probably. Getting top 4, while it's a possibility, will probably be prioritised.

The optimist in me says FA Cup final, CL quarters, 4th place. The pessimist says 5th, FA Cup quarterfinal loss chasing 4th, CL quarterfinal loss. The realist of me will be content to see some real fight from the squad and coalescing into something formidable with an actual identity. May be best to think of the next 3 months as a sort of extended preseason for next year.

Champions League or Europa League qualification, I dont exepct the club to finish outside of these places either way.

Semi finals of the FA Cup at a bare minimum, a trip out to Wembley for the day. The rest depends on luck of the draw and who stays in/ goes out.

Quarter finals of the Champions League, possibly more if we get a nice draw.

Basically in Cup terms my expectations is to beat Southampton and Norwich at home in the cup, to beat Leipzig across both ties and to not finish outside of the 4-6th bracket in the league, depending on how we get on without Kane. I'd like to think 4th is on the agenda but we can't disregard Chelsea being 4 points ahead and teams like Man U, Wolves, Sheffield United all putting serious hassle on for us to achieve that,

European qualification, a semi and a quarter final minimum from me, anything else a pleasant outcome I think that's modestly fair.

It's a link to my posts in that thread. It works OK for me.
If you are keen to view my worthy contributions to that thread :rolleyes: then go to that thread and search "this thread" for posts made by sudoku.
All will be revealed for your delectation.
I'm not really but as you posted the link, I thought I'd take a look but you haven't done it properly but anyway, whatever.

I think we can get a serious challenge for 4th as long as we dont have more injuries touch wood.

Lloris, GLC, Ndombele, Tanganga and Stevie are like new signings and suddenly we look strong.

We just need to break down the stubborn defensive teams. And win the Chelsea game.

Expectations is a strong word. I do not think we can expect top 4 from our current position although I am very hopeful it may happen. The match at Chelsea is key and we must not lose that. Hope we go as far as possible in both cups and whilst do not expect to get to CL final again this year the F A Cup is possible but we need the other big clubs to start playing each other to give us a clearer run. I do expect our performances to improve which we improve my confidence in positive outcomes.

Honestly, being back in the hunt legitimately for 4th will likely not do good for our cup runs. CL represents the most money and not being in it will likely make Jose's summer recruitment much more contentious and lead to bad things probably. Getting top 4, while it's a possibility, will probably be prioritised.

The optimist in me says FA Cup final, CL quarters, 4th place. The pessimist says 5th, FA Cup quarterfinal loss chasing 4th, CL quarterfinal loss. The realist of me will be content to see some real fight from the squad and coalescing into something formidable with an actual identity. May be best to think of the next 3 months as a sort of extended preseason for next year.

Weve got to get 4th. Fuck the cup.

I see us getting to 4th, mainly because we have the best squad for any club with any form at all. Chelsea can't seem to get out of the funk they are in, and without Abraham scoring every match, I'm not sure they will. We will beat them in two-and-a-half weeks, and that will be the end of their run at 4th. I think Sheffield United will catch them too. Manchester United's player selection is a joke, and they have some key injuries right now as well. Woolwich might as well target the top half. Arteta has no idea what he's doing, and they just got outplayed badly by Burnley. I think Sheffield United will probably finish 5th, Chelsea 6th and either Wolves or Everton (they are playing really well) in 7th...so no Man U or Woolwich in Europe. As for our cup hopes, I think we'll do well, but I don't see us lucking our way to either of the finals. We'll lose in both of them by the time the semis roll around, but to clubs that we should lose to at this moment.

This is football, you cannot expect anything in the beautiful game.
What I'd like to see though is a top 4 finish in the league. I'd love decent runs in the CL and FA Cup too, but those would just be a bonus.
I don't expect anything though, I just hope!

Next few games will tell us.

If we’re going to get 4th then we need to start playing good, effective football and putting sides to the sword. We need to be confident again.

We’ll also have to beat the Chavs at Stamford Bridge.

4th is a possibility because the teams are close but winning the FA cup and getting to the CL semi final is a big big ask.

They are but I’m very hopeful now and as I said earlier I believe that we turned a corner yesterday

Back
Top Bottom