Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could not really understand why he was playing well below his best. Whilst not really sure what operation he had in the summer, I could not see why at his age he could not get back to his best. Good to see it is at last happening. Bad header for the goal but other than that good. Handled Wood better than Sanchez did in the Second half.

José's persistence on him looks to be finally paying off. Still don't know if José prefers him more at CB or at CDM, but he's become better and better with every game passing. Makes me think I was right when I thought that he had fitness problems, and that I was wrong when I thought that his legs were totally gone and that he wouldn't be able to fix them.
Definitely, felt the same. Always liked Erik but thought we’d seen the best of him. Looked really good I thought, popping up everywhere, fit as a butchers dog! The running up stands training is paying dividends.

Make him club captain and build the defence around him, you need players who will die for what they believe in (Roberts, King, Perryman) what they lacked in ability and fitness they make up for with sheer grit ... the never say die mentality that scores goals in the 84th minute of a Cup Final ...

Running over some seats to front some mug who had abused your brother - that's the sort of mentality we want (stupid thing to do but brilliant) - he's had a tough season not least because of the twats (we have 'em on here) who can't wait to stick the knife into one of their own players, well at least one 'fan' won't be mouthing off anymore, wish the same could be said for some of the rest.

He is a hero, on the pitch yesterday he showed that, club captain material all day long.

Make him club captain and build the defence around him, you need players who will die for what they believe in (Roberts, King, Perryman) what they lacked in ability and fitness they make up for with sheer grit ... the never say die mentality that scores goals in the 84th minute of a Cup Final ...

Running over some seats to front some mug who had abused your brother - that's the sort of mentality we want (stupid thing to do but brilliant) - he's had a tough season not least because of the twats (we have 'em on here) who can't wait to stick the knife into one of their own players, well at least one 'fan' won't be mouthing off anymore, wish the same could be said for some of the rest.

He is a hero, on the pitch yesterday he showed that, club captain material all day long.

Knee jerk post or the year.

It was just a dumb post to suggest a guy who isn't even a first team regular, doesn't even know what his best position is and has a contract running down should be made club captain.

Isn't a first team regular? Explain that, 1,590 minutes so more than Ndombele, LoCelso, Lamela, Lloris and a whole host more ... so he is clearly a regular but only when fit and not in midfield.

Doesn't know his best position? "Eric Dier is happy to go public with his desire to play in central defence for Tottenham Hotspur after previously being “politically correct” on the matter" .... so he knows it was Poch that didn't.

We have a contract option until 2022 and have offered a three year extension - but you knew that right?

Let's be honest Dier was one of several players who thought Poch was a dick, Poch moved him to midfield even though he wanted to play defence, Dier was big enough to put the club first, read this article it will give you a pretty decent insight into Dier, Mourinho and his Spurs future.

Jose Mourinho claims he found a 'sad' Eric Dier when he arrived at Spurs

Last edited:
Ok if that is the case. You are talking absolute bullshit. If you are on £100k a week representing a big brand and on national tv. Do you think this behaviour is professional or even remotely acceptable?

Not at all. It’s completely unprofessional and any sanctions would be justified. However it makes him human, and I challenge anyone to seriously control their emotions, in the workplace or otherwise when a loved one is potentially in danger.

He was wrong. Shouldn’t have done it. But he’s a human being and I understand why he did.

You are talking out your arse. There is no way you can defend this.
I'm not and I can. I don't buy into all this reverence for the sanctity of the Premier League football ground. It's not a temple and the players aren't gods. At the end of the day, in spite of the expensive frills, it's just a football match.

Last edited:
5 or 6 match ban I reckon, silly thing to do but when its your family and you see it ,what ya gonna do?
I hope the FA take it into consideration.

I love Patrick Dier, Patrick Dier loves me .... sing along , new verse No 4

5 or 6 match ban I reckon, silly thing to do but when its your family and you see it ,what ya gonna do?
I hope the FA take it into consideration.

I love Patrick Dier, Patrick Dier loves me .... sing along , new verse No 4

Livermore got away with only a warning and no ban when he confronted a fan in the stands who said something about the child he lost. Dier's situation is different but I think they will be lenient with him, one game ban at most for me.

Liverpool currently play Henderson in their midfield and while he's not the best player technically it makes a lot of sense since he's a moral booster just by having him on the field.

Dier can hopefully fill a similar versatile role , think more along the lines of Roy Keane or Vidal.

Back
Top Bottom