Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch had run his course, he was worn down by Levy, the squad hadnt been refreshed and it was the right time for him to go no matter how badly let down he was. However the defence of Mourinho seems to be that Poch was shit and l think that is really poor. Mourinho style delection in many ways. Perhaps an argument could be put forward on what he brings in 2020 rather than Poch was shit and he was good 2/5/10/15 years ago. I'm seeing nothing on what he offers as of now.

There's nothing to back up that theory....

If he didnt want them he'd have continued to play the perfectly in-form Davies & Sanchez....

He didn't he dropped them and killed their development.
The club were perfectly happy for Toby to leave, no one came in for him.

Rose has been transfer-listed for the past FIVE transfer windows.

Davies has played over 100 more games than Rose since he joined Spurs, he also picked up a groin injury and missed 30 days (7 games as a result).

When you have a serviceable player that can't be sold then you have little choice than to attempt to reintegrate them back into the team, he didn't break any in-house rules or was a bad apple.

Mou doesn't have the tools to coach players in this age

Some players are doing ok with Jose as boss. Lo Celso for one is buzzing, working hard puling the team along. I think all Jose wants is for everyone to put a shift in, Poch was exactly the same and he is a ' modern ' coach. Of course one thing Poch didn't do was throw players under the bus in public which is what Jose tends to do. But what's the difference in the way Poch treated Janssen and the way Jose treats Ndombele. Both players not doing enough to impress the manager and so are marginilised. Was Poch fair in the way he excluded and eventually dumped Janssen? Was he the bigger man because he didn't say anything publicly?

I think if Poch was still here he would be having big problems with Ndombele

pitchfork-1.jpg
Hairline checks out...implement checks out too. He's back folks. You forgot your other items
iu
iu

Poch had run his course, he was worn down by Levy, the squad hadnt been refreshed and it was the right time for him to go no matter how badly let down he was. However the defence of Mourinho seems to be that Poch was shit and l think that is really poor. Mourinho style delection in many ways. Perhaps an argument could be put forward on what he brings in 2020 rather than Poch was shit and he was good 2/5/10/15 years ago. I'm seeing nothing on what he offers as of now.

But that’s not my defence of Mourinho

I simply think that he is a great manager with trophies to prove it and he should be given a reasonable amount of time to get it right and by reasonable I would say at least until next January or preferably the end of next season

That’s all and whether Poch was shit or not is a different argument

The club were perfectly happy for Toby to leave, no one came in for him.

That's last summer.. You KNOW what I'm alluding to goes back much further... 2.5, nearly 3 years ago now.... Dav's first season.

Rose has been transfer-listed for the past FIVE transfer windows.

Again, the question remains..... Why drop Ben for a player you don't wan't?

Davies has played over 100 more games than Rose since he joined Spurs, he also picked up a groin injury and missed 30 days (7 games as a result).

Due to Rose's injury record mostly.

When you have a serviceable player that can't be sold then you have little choice than to attempt to reintegrate them back into the team, he didn't break any in-house rules or was a bad apple.

Rose?

....LOL; now I know you're bullshitting me.

"Paid to train" became a distant memory.

Some players are doing ok with Jose as boss. Lo Celso for one is buzzing, working hard puling the team along.
Tell me more about his time in his last three jobs? Klopp took the notorious PITA Swiss guy whose name escapes me but you don't hear Klopp having problems...and that kid has had issues EVERYWHERE he's been. Why? Because Klopp's not a bully and treats his players with respect.

I think if Poch was still here he would be having big problems with Ndombele
Worthless conjecture. Check it out, I don't think Poch would be having any problems with Ndombele. Who's right?

Tell me more about his time in his last three jobs? Klopp took the notorious PITA Swiss guy whose name escapes me but you don't hear Klopp having problems...and that kid has had issues EVERYWHERE he's been. Why? Because Klopp's not a bully and treats his players with respect.

Worthless conjecture. Check it out, I don't think Poch would be having any problems with Ndombele. Who's right?

Klopp publicly called out Louvren and was right to do so

But that’s not my defence of Mourinho

I simply think that he is a great manager with trophies to prove it and he should be given a reasonable amount of time to get it right and by reasonable I would say at least until next January or preferably the end of next season

That’s all and whether Poch was shit or not is a different argument
As I've said before, I loved the guy when he first arrived, a total breath of fresh air into the English game and backed with a very successful stint with Porto, he was exciting both at Chelsea and Inter.

Do you see that same person now?

At Porto he had a golden generation and helped by the weakest CL season, he took advantage and won it. Massive Kudos.

At Chelsea and Inter he wasn't limited like he will be now, this is new ground for him, the traditional Jose and the chequebook method doesn't exsist.

Fast forward to his time at Madrid, the time that broke him, you saw the change in him, a snidey, pissy arsehole of a man who was more interested in doing damage to Barca that succeeding at Madrid. Look at what Zizou did after Jose left.

Luckily inherited an excellent Chelsea team with tonnes of big names both starting and in reserve. Got them a league title before it went sour very quickly.

And then Man Ure, £400million+ to turn the FA Cup winners into the League Cup winners and the Europa League winners when no big teams were in it.

So sorry, the fresh faced, free wheeling Mourinho that took over at Porto, Chelsea and Inter doesn't exsist anymore. Now we're apparently looking for him to do something he's never really done before, overhaul a squad with whatever limitations Levy puts on him.

So why look to the man he was 10-15 years ago, when so much has gone on since.

That's last summer.. You KNOW what I'm alluding to goes back much further... 2.5, nearly 3 years ago now.... Dav's first season.

Again, the question remains..... Why drop Ben for a player you don't wan't?

Due to Rose's injury record mostly.

Rose?

....LOL; now I know you're bullshitting me.

"Paid to train" became a distant memory.
We were happy to sell Toby if a bid came in for him, last year or the previous season. We were negotiating for over two years on his contract, so had a club come in for him then (TWO years ago) and he wasn't signing a new contract then he would have been sold. NO CLUB HAS EVER COME IN FOR HIM.

Toby hadn't broken any house rules and wasn't a bad apple.

Rose was dropped and fined by the Club. Whilst being placed on the transfer list too, he was never sold. Something was reconciled behind the scenes and a compromise was reached, NO ONE knows what that entailed but it meant he was at least available for selection. He remained to be shit, he remained unsold across FIVE transfer windows.

Davies was never "dropped" for Rose. He rotates his fullbacks, always has and as a direct result, he turned Walker and Rose into the two most dynamic FB's in the country as they were rested frequently enabling them when selected to be relentless in bombing up and down the line.

We were happy to sell Toby if a bid came in for him, last year or the previous season. We were negotiating for over two years on his contract, so had a club come in for him then (TWO years ago) and he wasn't signing a new contract then he would have been sold. NO CLUB HAS EVER COME IN FOR HIM.

Rose was dropped and fined by the Club. Whilst being placed on the transfer list too, he was never sold. Something was reconciled behind the scenes and a compromise was reached, NO ONE knows what that entailed but it meant he was at least available for selection. He remained to be shit, he remained unsold across FIVE transfer windows.

Davies was never "dropped" for Rose. He rotates his fullbacks, always has and as a direct result, he turned Walker and Rose into the two most dynamic FB's in the country as they were rested frequently enabling them when selected to be relentless in bombing up and down the line.
I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with both Toby and Rose. Bids were made, Roma claimed they had agreement with Toby for wages, Levy turned them down. Roma tried to get Toby for less than the £25million fee, Watford offered first £10million then £14million, both turned down.

We're stuck with both players because Uncle Danny had his greedy bastard negotiating head on. Same with Eriksen and Wanyama. We're big money down at present thanks to shit transfer strategies.

Davies was demoted to second choice after a successful extended spell as #1..... Just like Dav..... And Wimmer in the past.... And Lucas.....

Discuss when you are ready.

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with both Toby and Rose. Bids were made, Roma claimed they had agreement with Toby for wages, Levy turned them down. Roma tried to get Toby for less than the £25million fee, Watford offered first £10million then £14million, both turned down.

We're stuck with both players because Uncle Danny had his greedy bastard negotiating head on. Same with Eriksen and Wanyama. We're big money down at present thanks to shit transfer strategies.
I think it was also on the player not wanting to move too, we'll just have to wait and see when the autobiography's go on sale.

I've no idea what happened with the Wanyama deal, maybe he was too crocked and failed a medical (only West Ham make these things public) and with Eriksen it was clear that he would have gone to Madrid but that would have only materialized on a free.

As I've said before, I loved the guy when he first arrived, a total breath of fresh air into the English game and backed with a very successful stint with Porto, he was exciting both at Chelsea and Inter.

Do you see that same person now?

At Porto he had a golden generation and helped by the weakest CL season, he took advantage and won it. Massive Kudos.

At Chelsea and Inter he wasn't limited like he will be now, this is new ground for him, the traditional Jose and the chequebook method doesn't exsist.

Fast forward to his time at Madrid, the time that broke him, you saw the change in him, a snidey, pissy arsehole of a man who was more interested in doing damage to Barca that succeeding at Madrid. Look at what Zizou did after Jose left.

Luckily inherited an excellent Chelsea team with tonnes of big names both starting and in reserve. Got them a league title before it went sour very quickly.

And then Man Ure, £400million+ to turn the FA Cup winners into the League Cup winners and the Europa League winners when no big teams were in it.

So sorry, the fresh faced, free wheeling Mourinho that took over at Porto, Chelsea and Inter doesn't exsist anymore. Now we're apparently looking for him to do something he's never really done before, overhaul a squad with whatever limitations Levy puts on him.

So why look to the man he was 10-15 years ago, when so much has gone on since.

Let's hold fire on shooting Jose until he has signed a decent right back, a new centre half, a holding midfielder and a couple of strikers, plus gets the likes of Sissoko, Son and Kane back and has had a chance to put his own team together. It's only fair isn't it

Davies was demoted to second choice after a successful extended spell as #1..... Just like Dav..... And Wimmer in the past.... And Lucas.....

Discuss when you are ready.
Davies was also carrying a groin injury for most of last season, when the Euro's finished he then had it operated on and was ready to start the pre-season (Tripps too also played through injury with his groin). Was wise to work out whatever it was with Rose given this little nugget of injury news that only came to light after the Euros.

Back
Top Bottom