Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was crap during the final year in his tenure at Fulham. I can’t believe the club/Poch saw that and still went out to buy him when guys like Alphonso Davies were still largely unknown at that point.
Pretty sure AD had his pick of clubs... there’s a piece out about how the Utd scout send 2 years worth of reports to Utd ... I’m sure he wasn’t sat alone

but currently Sess has rabbit in the headlights syndrome and in general just seems way too nice

Although I don’t think AD is the best example I do think our money was probably better spent elsewhere

Is it a bird ? is is it a plane ? No it's Sessingyong.

Is he a full back ? Is he a midfielder ? Is he a left winger ? Did we get sold on the idea that he would be another Bale ?

Don't think going out on loan will help.

Is it a bird ? is is it a plane ? No it's Sessingyong.

Is he a full back ? Is he a midfielder ? Is he a left winger ? Did we get sold on the idea that he would be another Bale ?

Don't think going out on loan will help.
garbage at attacking so he got demoted to LB. he cant defend either so hes just another dead weight on the payroll.

Fulham really robbed us with this guy.

To be honest, I didn't understand the infatuation with the kid. He isn't an out and out winger and he isn't an out and out LB. I do think he could carve out a nice career as a LB and thus, I will give him the time, but as a wide player, up top, I just don't see it.

He makes some great runs behind the defense, but I feel that would be better utilized in a formation like we had with Rose and Walker. He has some of the snap in his left foot that Robertson has, but is far less combative.

IDK, but he is the least of our problems and I am willing to see how he grows as a player.

To be honest, I didn't understand the infatuation with the kid. He isn't an out and out winger and he isn't an out and out LB. I do think he could carve out a nice career as a LB and thus, I will give him the time, but as a wide player, up top, I just don't see it.
Agreed, you reminded of a suspicion I had in May last year...

"as a defender he's an OK winger, as a winger he's an OK defender"

it’s too early to judge too much, 7 games is hardly proof of future success. So have to just look at the evidence to date and the facts.

So in attack he’s fairly limited, so dropping him back has some sense. But doing that likely exposes that he is about the same standard defensively as KWP, and no I am not using that comparison to say either is “shit” it is just where they stand, I feel. And then it’s head scratching why you would pay £25m for a reserve left back.

I don’t remember much from him last year at Fulham, but being fair it was not a great team so hardly likely he would shine. Given everything I would have preferred that we stay away until he was about 23/24 years old.

For £25m+ he looks too much of a gamble. He currently looks unlikely to be close to the first 11 in usual circumstances, which then has the effect of stunting his development by limiting his actual playing time once everyone is fit.

I was surprised to see he and Jack Clarke are both 19, even more shocked to see a claim that Clark can play Striker !

I think it's unlikely he'll turn into a good defender as it seems he doesn't want to be one. Frankly, why would he? He's tasted the LW glory and, as a kid, he'll probably sulk if he doesn't get it. I think he could be very good at LW, but he's too light for an LB (for me, nowadays anyway).

I do see the rabbit/headlights thing people have mentioned and am wondering if that's got something to do with an anecdote I read the other day on here; that Jose leaves the players to figure out what to do (hence preferring experienced players). If they aren't sure (as a kid wouldn't be) then it would mean they were constantly trying to make sure they weren't fucking up. I see this as a good and bad thing: good that he's concerned and bad that it's affecting his quality. Psychologically though, that will improve - especially at the start of next season.

Back
Top Bottom