Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be more upset if they just awarded them the title instead of them actually winning it outright. Otherwise there will always be an asterisk over the title.

Edit: it would also mean they’d be denied the chance to get the most points of all time.

Pool fans don’t seem to realize that they will wear this like an anchor on their neck until they win a legitimate title. No one will recognize a title given to them by a bunch of billionaires in a boardroom.
How can you make a psychiatric patient realize? Let alone a city full of them.

The Premier League rules set out what a season is. It is defined as 'the period commencing on the date of the first league match on the fixture list of the League's first team competition and ending on the date of the last'. That's the season. It further says in the rules that 'the season is every team playing each other home and away'

If they break their own rules lawyers will eat them alive ... the EPL might award a 'token trophy' and that would be funny because every other fan would taker the pis for life ... but they can't make the financial awards of European places and Relegation by ripping up their own rule-book ... can't see any other options than finish the league (logistics seem to make that near impossible) or a reset with teams in the last completed seasons positions. Anything else would be legal suicide unless every club agreed, and which three clubs will agree to be relegated?

89761489_1494137427427151_2436151015599243264_n.jpg

Some of them are threatening to protest. I mean seriously? Who will they protest? Causing emergency services to babysit them as they let off flares in Liverpool city centre during a pandemic.
The strangest argument is that it threatens the integrity of the competition just giving them the title. I love that most of them seem to think it will be easy to fit the remaining games in at some stage. They are so insufferable.

Some of them are threatening to protest. I mean seriously? Who will they protest? Causing emergency services to babysit them as they let off flares in Liverpool city centre during a pandemic.
The strangest argument is that it threatens the integrity of the competition just giving them the title. I love that most of them seem to think it will be easy to fit the remaining games in at some stage. They are so insufferable.
according to current predictions, the virus wont peak in the UK until mid june. we will be lucky if next season starts on time, let alone squeeze in 9 games from this year, or have next season expanded to fit in extra teams and all that.

according to current predictions, the virus wont peak in the UK until mid june. we will be lucky if next season starts on time, let alone squeeze in 9 games from this year, or have next season expanded to fit in extra teams and all that.

Exactly. It's why I cant see them doing anything except voiding this season. The only other thing they could do is play the remaining games home and away at each club's training ground. But then you're still in danger of passing the virus around. Player's agents and lawyers won't like that, let alone the players themselves.

The TV companies will also want next season played properly without disruption. They will be the driving force behind this in the end, not the FA or the PL. If that has to start late but all the games be played then that's what will happen. This season will juts be put down as tough shit.

I see ex Liverpool players like John Aldridge are moaning in the media about how unfair it will be if Liverpool are not awarded the league trophy.

No John, unfair is people stuck in care homes who can't receive visitors or nhs staff working even more hours.

I know it's not a direct correlation but the likes of John should keep his gob shut as there are more important issues now than awarding a bloody football trophy.

I’ve heard it will peak in early July ffs

?

New developments or delayed reaction?

It just looks increasingly likely that they’ll have to void the season. We won’t see any matches for many weeks, if not many months.

According to government advice, they can’t even play behind closed doors. Pretty sure the season will be cancelled. Even if they are given the title it will always have a caveat.

It just looks increasingly likely that they’ll have to void the season. We won’t see any matches for many weeks, if not many months.

According to government advice, they can’t even play behind closed doors. Pretty sure the season will be cancelled. Even if they are given the title it will always have a caveat.

TBH, I couldn't give a shit about 'their' title... If we get our CL spot back we've just had a MAJOR fook'n result!

Poch be like: :pochsulk:

Back
Top Bottom