POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
Oh Mad Jerry we have been here before.

1. Not every post of mine is looking for an argument. I proved this to you last time you said it. Do you remember when you said I was looking for cunt offs all the time, yet I proved you use the word and look for the rows more than I?
Poor flower.

2. I'm right wing? Really? Stupid response, not even sure why I'm replying to it.

Your issue is you were 'outed' and you know what about...

Don't bother with the psycho, anyone who disagrees with him is described as far right wing and he threatens murder when slightly chided then pulls out his super victim status, he's a filthy drunk fantasist who has made it all up for attention and done it on more than one forum, a truly pitiful character.

Don't bother with the psycho, anyone who disagrees with him is described as far right wing and he threatens murder when slightly chided then pulls out his super victim status, he's a filthy drunk fantasist who has made it all up for attention and done it on more than one forum, a truly pitiful character.
He talks about a supposed 'clique'. Did the same on spurs oydessy and then wondered why he got booted.

If you had been sacked, and the person sacking you owed you a load of money, would you let them off the hook?
It depends on the circumstances. DL makes it sound like things were ok behind the scenes. If so, then maybe I would be cool with it. Either way it would be with conditions. DL most likely put conditions on his payoff so turnabout is fair play. Poch could even charge interest (DL would) and he would be within his rights to ask for these considerations. And if he feels hard done by then he could test the strength of any usury laws in the UK.

So it didn't cost us over 30 mill in one lump sum to sack Poch as some said. Of course if he fails to get a job in the next 4 years it will have cost the club that amount but it's highly likely he will be in work within the next 6 months

So it didn't cost us over 30 mill in one lump sum to sack Poch as some said. Of course if he fails to get a job in the next 4 years it will have cost the club that amount but it's highly likely he will be in work within the next 6 months
Who the hell said that?
It was rumoured to be about £10-£12m overall and only until he was employed again.

And thats the point.
There aren't going to be anymore Fergie or Wengers. Managers are past it after 5 years at best. Why risk paying a sacked manager £10m when you can risk him going elsewhere of his own accord anyway.
Football managers can get sacked based on very short term dip in results. How many times have we seen a manager have two great years and then sacked after a month of bad results.

If you give someone a fixed term contract then it’s reasonable you have to pay that contract up if you terminate it early.

Because football is fucking broken.
Hopefully this crisis fixes much of the shocking waste we see.

Personally, I think managers don't have a very long shelf life anymore and should NEVER be paid to leave.
Levy put Poch on a huge salary with a long term on it to put rival clubs off taking him. Like most chairmen do.
The problem is, managers don't, and won't, last that long anymore. They then get themselves sacked once they lose interest (or get tapped up) as they will never resign and forfeit their payout.
When you think about the fact there are people losing their livlihoods because of this lockdown and, at the same time, there are unemployed football managers, who were sacked for gross incompetence being paid millions for the privilege, it makes me sick.

That entire scenario HAS to be eradicated from football forever. It's quite simple really. If a club sacks a manager who is achieving his goals in terms of league position, Cup success, player contract management etc then they should be paid if they're sacked. If the manager is in 14th place and getting dicked 2-7 at your £1bn home stadium, you get sacked and thats the end of it.

Simple to do really. You employ managers like you employ any other employee i.e. a standard employment contract which stipulates a notice period. They can hand their notice in when they feel like leaving. There is nothing stopping football clubs doing this. It’s clubs that want to tie managers down to long contracts.

More importantly. If you have useless players there is not much you can do. Football is not magic apart from a few highlights it is mostly very average.

Macclesfield Town are looking for a new manager.

Football managers can get sacked based on very short term dip in results. How many times have we seen a manager have two great years and then sacked after a month of bad results.

If you give someone a fixed term contract then it’s reasonable you have to pay that contract up if you terminate it early.
Even if the employee missed a load of predetermined KPIs/criteria?

I’ve just read that Spurs and Poch are discussing him taking a reduction in the amount we are still paying him.

I‘m not sure why anyone would want to help an organisation that fired them.
After earning more money for the ENIC / Spurs coffers than his 10 predecessors combined, culminating in world record profits, I would imagine the discussion was fairly brief and ended with the word 'off

Poch the geordie!

haha can’t imagine him drinking a pint of newcy brown ale

it's funny I'm totally fine with Poch going to Newcastle and even doing well, cause it means he isn't going to Man United and the more the perception of the "Almighty All -POWERFUL Man united" gets eroded away I'm all for. those cunts need to be taken down a peg.

Generations of taking not just our best players but the best players form anyone who'd dare challenge them in their pomp they instantly used the new media money at the right time to enshrine them as the "successful" team. "The premier league needs a successful Man United" etc fuck them.

bought Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Alan Smith, Berbatov, Tevez, Carrick, Sheringham, Saha, Yorke, Cole etc

fucking cunts. Even now, miles off the League and CL - they still dictate the media narrative - Kane, Sancho, Grealish etc, have their old boys Sky Neville and Keane talking about who THEY'D like to see at United .

Cunts the lot of them, i'd love to see that club fail .

Back
Top Bottom