Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The CL final team selection and players performance were utter garbage, utter disgust, utter embarrassment and unforgivable. The only way to make up for it is to win the PL or CL which won't happen any time soon. We had the best opportunity for something really significant and special for the fans and the club but we blew it.

Last edited:
Kane is the best striker in the world. He's a leader. He's available, he plays. Simple as. And I'm going to assume medical professionals have a better opinion than you of what 'properly recovered' is.

However, not starting Moura is a different conversation that is absolutely questionable. Son was in crap form leading up to the final as well and could have been benched for Lucas to start. But Kane was always going to start that final.

No player had 'form' going from the semi to the final - they were nearly a month apart

Errrr, because the connection us fans and Poch had was beyond results and beyond football.

He is one of us. His personality represents us. His passion is our passion. Just like Martin Jol.

If you don't get the Poch relationship with the fans, you don't get Spurs.

I’ve said it before the man could have relegated us and there would be some like you who would still be coming out with such nauseating drivel.

If anyone put the interests of a paid individual above those of the football club then you don’t deserve to call yourself a Spurs supporter. What an utter complete embarrassment of supporter you are.

Errrr, because the connection us fans and Poch had was beyond results and beyond football.

He is one of us. His personality represents us. His passion is our passion. Just like Martin Jol.

If you don't get the Poch relationship with the fans, you don't get Spurs.
You wanted him out after 2 bad results - embarrassing flip-flopping and revisionism

exp30.jpg

I’ve said it before the man could have relegated us and there would be some like you who would still be coming out with such nauseating drivel.

If anyone put the interests of a paid individual above those of the football club then you don’t deserve to call yourself a Spurs supporter. What an utter complete embarrassment of supporter you are.
I called for Poch to go because of results.

I said our relationship with Poch goes beyond results. Even though our results were bad we still love him.

Once again, you've proven my point.

Thank you, sir.

Are you being purposely dense.

Our relationship with Poch is beyond results. The reason we still love him and will forever is because of his conduct, who he is as a man.

A United fan would never understand.
Again getting personal as predicted

So you want him back because you don't care about results but you wanted him sacked because of results

Got ya

Like Jol, he’s a manager I would love to see come back - and maybe this time it will be different and he will be our manager again one day. Who knows??

Such a shame we never managed to get over that final line while he was manager. We had the chances.

But I’m reminded of the saying when you lose someone. Don’t be sad they are gone. Be happy of the times you shared.

Overall his Spurs teams gave me some of the most memorable days and nights of my Tottenham supporting life.

Jol is quite a good reference point actually. I wouldn't be surprised if his managerial career doesn't go the same way if he hasn't learnt from his mistakes.

I think Newcastle is definitely the wrong move for him. He doesn't need another project, he needs to go into a club that is pretty much raring to go. He will have identified those clubs as Real Madrid and Man Utd and that is where he sees himself next.

I really doubt he will lower himself to go to Newcastle despite what money they throw at him and the team.

Back
Top Bottom