Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whether the journalist is talking out of his arse or not, I hope Ndombele is considering his future. He needs to consider very carefully whether he is ready to work his knackers off and become a top player in English football. If he isn't then he should leave and go to a less demanding league.

We do seem to have tendency to sign players who take a year or so to settle. Id like to see another season with (hopefully) improved fitness. There is a real baller in there, be a shame if we can't get it out.

He would fit better in Barcelona and its possession football because he can't run fast under Mourinho system or run at all for the matter. I am sure he doesn't want to be here since he knows they want him. Remember Jose isn't the man he came here for. He's gone imo

He would fit better in Barcelona and its possession football because he can't run fast under Mourinho system or run at all for the matter. I am sure he doesn't want to be here since he knows they want him. Remember Jose isn't the man he came here for. He's gone imo
If I were him I’d go to Barcelona as well. The league is a piece of piss compared to the Prem. He strikes me as the type of person who prefers being a big fish in a small pond. He’s now a small fish in a big pond and people are being mean to him for being a fat, lazy cunt with a shit attitude.

Why reflect on yourself, listen to the well-founded criticism and work your arse off to make yourself a better player and prove people wrong when you can take the easy route and go to Barcelona, surround yourself with players who will make you look good, play in a pub league and be regarded as a world class player.

Too many players like him at this club. I’d rather have a team of grafters who wear their hearts on their sleeves, put 100% in week in, week out and finish 10th at the end of the season, than watch a bunch of talented, overpaid, prim donna’s meander round a football pitch for 90 minutes with their hands in their hips and rolling around in the floor when a gust of wind hits them.

If I were him I’d go to Barcelona as well. The league is a piece of piss compared to the Prem. He strikes me as the type of person who prefers being a big fish in a small pond. He’s now a small fish in a big pond and people are being mean to him for being a fat, lazy cunt with a shit attitude.

That's a rather bold analogy, mate.

:mourfacepalm:

It's easy enough to see why an agent would be a scummy arse and unsettle Ndombele - if they're concerned that his move to the PL just won't work out long term (so thinking about his value) and/or want to move him on ASAP to collect another 10% of a transfer fee.

For what it's worth, we've seen so many examples of players come in from foreign leagues and take a year to settle. Unless he is being a nightmare behind the scenes we have to give him at least another season.
Lo Celso, ironically, doesn't help because he makes Ndombele look worse by comparison.
Lo Celso ALSO struggled to get a game since joining due to him also getting injured whilst on international duty. He literally only put in a handful of great performances in that last month or so. Count up the games and they've made the same number of appearances (both with 19 league games and Gio with one more appearance in all comps with 28) admittedly with Lo Celso able to finish 90mins towards the end of his spell.

Imagine the agents wouldn't have a thing to say if the manger wasn't throwing his player under the bus to avoid taking responsibility for fucking it up against Burnley.

If he thinks going to Barca will be easy he is in for a rude awakening, their midfield has collapsed and he will have to work just as hard to win games with them as he would with us. He would be playing with a knackered Busquets and a young De Jong, Messi has already switched to walking football when they don’t have the ball so Ndombele won’t be allowed to trundle around.

Anyway it’s all academic because nobody will be paying £65m for him and Levy would never accept a loss after one disrupted season.

If he thinks going to Barca will be easy he is in for a rude awakening, their midfield has collapsed and he will have to work just as hard to win games with them as he would with us. He would be playing with a knackered Busquets and a young De Jong, Messi has already switched to walking football when they don’t have the ball so Ndombele won’t be allowed to trundle around.

Anyway it’s all academic because nobody will be paying £65m for him and Levy would never accept a loss after one disrupted season.
Barcelona paid 150M for Coutinho, 105M for Dembele, 78M for De Jong. Why do you think they won't pay 70 for Ndombele?

Keep him, regardles.

2 things make a move unlikely : 1 no one is going to pay what we would ask in this climate ( especially given his performances) And 2 he is one of our highest earners. He wouldn’t get a contract comparable any where else.

I think it's fair to say we all know he can do the sexy part...... It's doing the other stuff for a full 90mins which is the challenge that lies ahead.
What other stuff is that?

Do people genuinely still think it was his responsibility to stop Wolves(??) from scoring? Sigh.

(Right now, as of when the season finished, he couldn't do much of anything past 60mins).

Nobody said he can't dribble, the problem is that he can't run. On his last start against Burnley he didn't make one sprint in 45 minutes. That's not acceptable at any level of professional football. He'd get stick doing that in a game of five a side on Sunday morning.
What were the sprint stats for the other Spurs players?

Fucking here we go all over again!!!

What were the sprint stats for the other Spurs players?

Fucking here we go all over again!!!

What does it matter? Because nobody else could be arsed it's OK for the most expensive player in the history of Tottenham to do it too?

Ndombele has talent. Does he have the athleticism and the attitude to actually use it properly at this level? At this point we don't know, but the signs are not good. If the lad played for another team we'd be laughing at how they paid £65m for a player who just walks around or falls over when he has to defend.

People can bang on about needing time and he does need time to reach his best level, but he shouldn't need time to reach a basic level. Lamela and Son also struggled at first but they ran around.

Back
Top Bottom