Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would love to see him come in for Sissoko against Sheffield. His ability to pass will be much more useful against a team that is likely to just sit back and wait for us to make a mistake, the kind of mistake Sissoko routinely makes.

I'm done with Sissoko. He's not really a midfielder. He's good at getting the ball on the right and running in a straight line. If we have any ambition then he needs to be replaced.

I would love to see him come in for Sissoko against Sheffield. His ability to pass will be much more useful against a team that is likely to just sit back and wait for us to make a mistake, the kind of mistake Sissoko routinely makes.

Sissoko is the best DM this team has right now. Subbing out Sissoko for Ndombele in a close game would have been huge risk.

I like Ndombele, but if all the negative things about his fitness is true, he cannot replace Sissoko as a DM. He's just not that good defensively.

Sissoko is the best DM this team has right now. Subbing out Sissoko for Ndombele in a close game would have been huge risk.

I like Ndombele, but if all the negative things about his fitness is true, he cannot play DM.

I want Skipp to come in for Sissoko. I have no interest in seeing Ndombele out there half assing iteven against a weak side line Sheffield.

Fair play, everyone is entitled to their opinion. but you don't need to repeat it ad nauseum. don't want to mute you, but it's getting really tedious seeing every other post being you naysaying anything positive anyone has to say.

We get it. You have facts. They beat our feelings. Now shut the fuck up.
Boo hoo, it's a forum with differing opinions.

If you don't like it stick me on ignore, because unless he puts a shift in and as long as the rumours persist, the situation isn't going away.

If anyone has trouble sleeping during this hot weather then just tune in to one of Gold's Youtube videos.

Every one is a 30 minute borefest of him droning on and on promising something interesting but delivering nothing interesting.

Ever.
Completely agree. Yet I still watch every single one. It actually helps get my new born son to sleep, his inescapable droning tone seems to do the trick every time.

Someone should do a Mourinho or Ndombele poll, seems to be a few people (fucking FM/FIFA idiots IMO) who would back the player power of a record signing over the manager...which is fucking crazy to me.

so you'd rather have Mourinho, we lose one of our most expensive assets, and most likely go tumbling down the table.

Mourinho has proven that he can work under a budget and stick to a long-term project within a club. Sure, he's been at clubs with significantly more resources and not made it through a 3rd season, but I'm confident that was just bad luck. We should fuck off our most expensive signing ever and believe in the guy Utd fans apologise we have to endure.

I mean, come on, it's not like he had another star Frenchman at Utd he had a huge rift with. He wasn't playing Lo Celso for a long time until he was forced to, but I'm sure that was not his fault either.

Come on guys, we are at a very critical turning point. Chelsea and Leicester have overtaken us and are continuing to spend and build. Utd and Wolves are becoming very dangerous too. We're looking at SEVENTH unless we can really pick things up. Ndombele has the potential to be our most valuable asset and Jose (and Spurs) are doomed if they don't find a way to make use of his ability.

Last edited:
I'd rather have both, but regrettably I have seen nothing that makes me think the player is capable or even wants to turn it around here.

His talent is undoubted, his attitude seems fucking stinking.

If it's a straight choice between Mourinho and Ndombele, it's an easy one for me.

Considering the stats are per 90 minutes, yeah.

That takes into account Ndombele has played less. Yet he's STILL more effective than Sissoko over a 90 minute period. which who as we can all see, is rather very ineffective, defensively and offensively.

FFS, you could cut Ndombeles stats in half if you wanted to "BeCaUsE hE cAn OnLy LaSt HaLf A gAmE" and he'd still be just as effective as Sissoko, but with actual ability.
I mean do you understand that playing against tired opponents when coming on late in a game is a lot less strenous and takes less effort than playing a full game... right?

Watch games and stop playing fifa/fm. Sissoko's last game was better than ANY Ndombele game for us. Ever.

so you'd rather have Mourinho, we lose one of our most expensive assets, and most likely go tumbling down the table. I completely agree.

Mourinho has proven that he can work under a budget and stick to a long-term project within a club. Sure, he's been at clubs with significantly more resources and not made it through a 3rd season, but I'm confident that was just bad luck. We should fuck off our most expensive signing ever and believe in the guy Utd fans apologise we have to endure.

You are right lets build our team around a fat, malcontent with a history of being lazy and unfit and can't be bothered to put in more than 5 minutes of effort despite getting 10 million in wages. That sounds like a perfect way to build a club, especially if he now is making demands despite doing nothing but absolutely sucking since coming over.

I guess it must be his long history of great play that should make us ignore how awful he has been since coming here, oh wait that's right he has zero history of great play so we will just rely on hopes and dreams that he will magically totally change his approach and develop magical abilities that he currently doesn't have.

The money is spent who cares if he was our most expensive or least expensive signing, we should go forward based on what the player offers our club not how much money we wasted on him. Doubling down on our bad mistake of signing by giving him more power only serves to make the original decision that much worse.

so you'd rather have Mourinho, we lose one of our most expensive assets, and most likely go tumbling down the table.

I mean, come on, it's not like he had another star Frenchman at Utd he had a huge rift with. He wasn't playing Lo Celso for a long time until he was forced to, but I'm sure that was not his fault either.

Come on guys, we are at a very critical turning point. Chelsea and Leicester have overtaken us and are continuing to spend and build. Utd and Wolves are becoming very dangerous too. We're looking at SEVENTH unless we can really pick things up. Ndombele has the potential to be our most valuable asset and Jose (and Spurs) are doomed if they don't find a way to make use of his ability.

Bearing in mind he's hardly played; why would we tumble down the league if Ndombele was sold?

(This isn't a vote for/against either party btw.)

Bearing in mind he's hardly played; why would we tumble down the league if Ndombele was sold?

(This isn't a vote for/against either party btw.)

well, we already have? we are 7th. we've been finishing 2nd-4th.

after city and liverpool, it was supposed to be Spurs, right? now it's city and liverpool, followed by leicester, utd, and chelsea. those latter 3 have outplayed us this season and have the ability to keep doing so. haven't even mentioned Wolves yet. you can say Leicester have been in bad form recently but how do you expect to leapfrog Chelsea or Utd with the way they are spending?

if we let a 65m player go to waste, how do we realistically improve? the money isn't there, our youth players are not anything special. a huge reason this side has faltered has been letting Eriksen's situation drag on too imo

if we let a 65m player go to waste, how do we realistically improve? the money isn't there. a huge reason this side has faltered has been letting Eriksen's situation drag on too imo

If that 65m player sucks and can't do anything more than 5 minutes a game how do we improve by forcing him into a key role and starting him ahead of better players?

Wolves are having a fluke year and Leicester will come back down to earth like they already are after their hot start.

United, Chelsea, Liverpool and City will always be tough to beat and the only way we compete with them is by making smart decisions. Forcing Ndombele into a bigger role than he deserves because of what we paid is not a smart decision.

I mean do you understand that playing against tired opponents when coming on late in a game is a lot less strenous and takes less effort than playing a full game... right?

Watch games and stop playing fifa/fm. Sissoko's last game was better than ANY Ndombele game for us. Ever.

Sissoko wishes he could have a game for Spurs as good as Ndombele's against Red Star,

I don't need to play FIFA or FM to realise the gulf in quality between Ndombele and Sissoko - maybe it's you that perhaps needs to watch a game of football?

Sissoko wishes he could have a game for Spurs as good as Ndombele's against Red Star,

Maybe Ndombele wishes he had the pace strength stamina and athleticism that Sissoko showed against Inter Milan particularly in setting up Eriksens crucial goal?

after city and liverpool, it was supposed to be Spurs, right? now it's city and liverpool, followed by leicester, utd, and chelsea. those latter 3 have outplayed us this season and have the ability to keep doing so. haven't even mentioned Wolves yet. you can say Leicester have been in bad form recently but how do you expect to leapfrog Chelsea or Utd with the way they are spending?

if we let a 65m player go to waste, how do we realistically improve?
the money isn't there, our youth players are not anything special. a huge reason this side has faltered has been letting Eriksen's situation drag on too imo

Well, presumably we wouldn't just bin the bloke so we'd get funds to reinvest.

As for the broader tone of your post you seem to be suggesting that if Ndomebele had played then we were "supposed" to have got 3rd.

if we let a 65m player go to waste, how do we realistically improve? the money isn't there, our youth players are not anything special. a huge reason this side has faltered has been letting Eriksen's situation drag on too imo
Stop panicking and give it the whole of next season. Plenty of examples of big money being spent on players and at the end of the day they just ain't good enough not saying this is the case with ndombele but it could be

Maybe Ndombele wishes he had the pace strength stamina and athleticism that Sissoko showed against Inter Milan particularly in setting up Eriksens crucial goal?

I reckon Sissoko wishes he had the balance, skill and vision that Ndombele showed when he set up our winning goal against the then champions of England.

See, we can do this all day.

Back
Top Bottom