Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely Tanguy has to play as our creative number 10. We can't expect a man of that size to do a lot of running around. He seems to have enough flair to be Eriksen's replacement.

Was that 100% fitness/effort the whole time he was on the pitch? One year now and £10+m in wages and he honestly faded so badly after a bright 10 minutes or so. Has only increased my doubts about him sadly.
In what way did he fade? You're literally making stuff up
He was fine when he came on, won the ball back on a few occasions and was actually passing the ball to his team mates unlike the rest of our midfielders today.

Was that 100% fitness/effort the whole time he was on the pitch? One year now and £10+m in wages and he honestly faded so badly after a bright 10 minutes or so. Has only increased my doubts about him sadly.
You’re such a clown when it comes to this subject., he was actually great when he came on. Put harry through for that offside goal, made a few interceptions and was probably more creative in 20 minutes than any of our other midfielders.

your agenda doesn’t stop, he would have to break the premier league assist and goals record twice over for you to admit he played well.

Last edited:
I won't criticize Ndombele because the whole team had given up by the time he got on, but he certainly didn't do anything to justify his signing or show us that Jose was wrong for not playing him.

Again it was a tough spot to come onto but you would think that he would be up for it after all the talk anmd he was about as meh as you could get out there.

He was the best man in Spurs since he came on. Let's go for 4-3-3 the rest of the games now with Ndombele - Skipp - Lo Celso in the middle and for all hells sell Sissoko, Lamela and Lucas, probably Aurier too this summer.

You’re such a clown when it comes to this subject., he was actually great when he came on. Put harry through for that offside goal, made a few interceptions and was probably more creative in 20 minutes than any of our other midfielders.

your agenda doesn’t stop, he would have to break the premier league assist and goals record twice over for you to admit he played well.
He passed to a clearly offside player which gave away possession, it wasn't even all that great a pass tbh, for 10 minutes or so he was actually impressive. Lol@clown. Agenda, if he had have kept up what I saw early on I'd be in here singing his praises.

He does not look fit or all that interested. Trying to force his way into the side with fresh legs like that? Unreal.

When did he make 'a few interceptions' btw? I saw him make one tackle, maybe you should get your prescription checked on your spectacles.

Last edited:
Knew every single bit of his game and every second he spent on that pitch would be under scrutiny when he came on.

Was the same when we signed Lamela and the same when we signed Sissoko.

He was fine - didn't change the game (as it was too late by the time he came on) and didn't affect it either. Looked forward most of the time with his passing and played a lovely pass to Kane who was offside.

Knew every single bit of his game and every second he spent on that pitch would be under scrutiny when he came on.

Was the same when we signed Lamela and the same when we signed Sissoko.

He was fine - didn't change the game (as it was too late by the time he came on) and didn't affect it either. Looked forward most of the time with his passing and played a lovely pass to Kane who was offside.
He wasn't bad but not spectacular. acceptable performance.

Since CL and europe is effectively gone for us at this point, can we finally give him a start and Skipp some minutes alongside him? Better warm him into the squad and see if he's useful while games don't count for much..

Yep, could at least give some insight / clarity regarding him for the future.
That would lead to more informed decision.

If you think he's getting more starts after that, I fear some of you going to be greatly disappointed.

I hope not. I love Tottenham and I hate to see us waste potential talent for no reason other than an axe to grind between our manager and the player.

Why not hope for harmony between all involved and for us to find a recipe that seems to work as the season ends? End on a high note with morale up, as opposed to the dross we've put up with all season?

If you think he's getting more starts after that, I fear some of you going to be greatly disappointed.
Yeah because he should have scored 2 and assisted 3 inside 20 minutes to justify his sub, also most expensive player in our history... He was better than most of the players on the pitch, Alli who was subbed on at the same time was invisible.

I haven’t seen anyone try passes like the offside goal for Kane since fuck knows when. BuT iT wAs oFfSiDe

Last edited:
He worked visibly hard for a quarter of an hour maximum, he barely kept up with the pace of play afterwards and had no fight in him at all when we were up against it.

If that's trying to fight your way in to the team, I have serious doubts about his attitude and suitability for the job needed here tbh and I was really hoping he was going to show something when he started brightly.

He worked visibly hard for a quarter of an hour maximum, he barely kept up with the pace of play afterwards and had no fight in him at all when we were up against it.

If that's trying to fight your way in to the team, I have serious doubts about his attitude and suitability for the job needed here tbh and I was really hoping he was going to show something when he started brightly.
You sound just like those stupid top reds when Mourinho was pulling the same bullshit at Man Utd and ostracising Pogba.

Back
Top Bottom