Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like you said, never in the middle. They marked Lo Celso out of the game and dared us to pass it to Sissoko. He is so fucking weak in terms of the pass, ability to turn and control, and gathering that we clearly have instructed our back line to bypass him.

i hear he has a niggle so hopefully that means Skipp gets a run out and we can actually see some forward thinking. I know the got blown out, but Fabinho is really impressive when looking forward. Skipp had shown his desire to move the ball on the floor vertically and for Jose, the counter attacking man he is, should be employing players that can get it to the wingers in positions they can take advantage of.
How Skipp still hasn't been used is beyond me. Everytime I see the kid he looks good. Makes a few mistakes but hell, he is young and only gets a few minutes here and there. If he got a run of games I would bet he'd be amazing to watch

I've just chucked this in the match thread, but probably better off in here for posterity.

I know I'm no longer a minority voice on the topic of our midfield and the use of Sissoko in it thereof, many saw just how inept he was last night, but this is the sequence leading up to the second goal. It's horrendous, but more so when you think the only justification for picking him is supposedly his "defensive" work.

I think you can see for yourself what unfolds. You could say some of it is just utter stupidity, like the second phase where he doesn't even seem to be watching what's happening with Aurier/Stevens, but some of it is just plain fucking laziness.

1. You see him able into shot. He actually has a chance to cut out the initial pass but just watches it roll past him.

2. He then has a chance to deal with Osbourne and his run, but just gives his shirt a tug and then watches as he runs off him.

3. Worst bit, having ambled up watching Sanchez have to deal with Osbourne, he doesn't even try to help cover Aurier, he's seems absolutely fucking oblivious to Aurier/Stevens, if he'd just been arsed to look he'd be able to help out.

It's fucking horrendous.

Ndombele has never had that many series of defensive lapses in one play. And to add, sissoko was walking the entire play. And yet sissoko would never get the same sort of trash heap thrown on him that Ndombele does by some posters and fans here.

It's a joke.

Can’t remember the game (nor be bothered to look it up) but Skipp was played and got the runaround from the other team: got laid into on here - a bit like Foyth does, N’Dombele when he plays.

everyone would like the next generation to get game time but if they’re not obviously impressive (Tanganga, for example) - then they will still get attacked here and look out of their depth (Parrott another example in his tiny cameo).

just brace yourself if you want to see youth played...also, maybe think about Klopp’s words as lots of posters here live what he says - you put your best team out there and if the youth aren’t your best team, they don’t play. The manager (Poch and Jose) are obviously seeing better players on the pitch than on the bench.

Can’t remember the game (nor be bothered to look it up) but Skipp was played and got the runaround from the other team: got laid into on here - a bit like Foyth does, N’Dombele when he plays.

everyone would like the next generation to get game time but if they’re not obviously impressive (Tanganga, for example) - then they will still get attacked here and look out of their depth (Parrott another example in his tiny cameo).

just brace yourself if you want to see youth played...also, maybe think about Klopp’s words as lots of posters here live what he says - you put your best team out there and if the youth aren’t your best team, they don’t play. The manager (Poch and Jose) are obviously seeing better players on the pitch than on the bench.

Yeah this is all well and good, I think we all understand that Mourinho is picking what he thinks is his best side. Unfortunately his 'best side' just got fucked 3-1 by a Sheffield United in freefall. Probably time to get back to the drawing board on what his best side is.

Ndombele has never had that many series of defensive lapses in one play. And to add, sissoko was walking the entire play. And yet sissoko would never get the same sort of trash heap thrown on him that Ndombele does by some posters and fans here.

It's a joke.

Crazy comment.... Sissoko gets loads of shit thrown at him.

There's not a single player who doesn't get it in the neck from some corner of TFC or another.

It's Ndombele's job to make himself irresistable to the manager; not to look less shit than Sissoko at his worst.

Yeah this is all well and good, I think we all understand that Mourinho is picking what he thinks is his best side. Unfortunately his 'best side' just got fucked 3-1 by a Sheffield United in freefall. Probably time to get back to the drawing board on what his best side is.
Yeh - it makes you wonder how bad the rest must be, doesn’t it? (And it was Poch’s best side, too - except he used Rose, Winks and Eriksen)

Crazy comment.... Sissoko gets loads of shit thrown at him.

There's not a single player who doesn't get it in the neck from some corner of TFC or another.

It's Ndombele's job to make himself irresistable to the manager; not to look less shit than Sissoko at his worst.

Sissoko plays like 1000 times the minutes, and gets nowhere near 1000 times the shit piled onto him. And in my eyes they have equal things to be shit on for.

The number of attacks I saw get totally ruined in the first half of the Sheffield game was shocking to me. And yet I haven't seen people pile onto him for it.

Sissoko plays like 1000 times the minutes, and gets nowhere near 1000 times the shit piled onto him.

Either you have a highly selective memory or don't read much of this forum or similar such platforms.

On the flips side; there is a camp of people on here who are increasingly vociferous in their critique of TN... You could always address those critiques directly...

Like I said in my original reply; it isn't TNs job to be less shit than Sissoko's bad game. Much like Poch v Jose or Son V Lamela of old; shitting on one to boost the other gets us nowhere.

Sissoko redeemed himself with many a fan after a horrific first year and a half; personally I'm hoping TN can do the same and in quicker time too; but ultimately he needs to win over the gaffer; not random hater X on TFC.

The number of attacks I saw get totally ruined in the first half of the Sheffield game was shocking to me. And yet I haven't seen people pile onto him for it.

You've not looked very hard... Even people that support his efforts, have been critical... It's universally acknowledged he had a bad game.

Either you have a highly selective memory or don't read much of this forum or similar such platforms.

On the flips side; there is a camp of people on here who are increasingly vociferous in their critique of TN... You could always address those critiques directly...

Like I said in my original reply; it isn't TNs job to be less shit than Sissoko's bad game. Much like Poch v Jose or Son V Lamela of old; shitting on one to boost the other gets us nowhere.

Sissoko redeemed himself with many a fan after a horrific first year and a half; personally I'm hoping TN can do the same and in quicker time too; but ultimately he needs to win over the gaffer; not random hater X on TFC.

You've not looked very hard... Even people that support his efforts, have been critical... It's universally acknowledged he had a bad game.

Sure. Maybe I haven't seen it all. I didn't claim I did. I just said from what I've seen, sissoko seems to have a longer leash. That's certainly true from the perspective that he's been here multiple seasons and Ndombele has been here maybe a quarter season at best, considering our manager publicly likes to gloat about not playing him.

With respect, TN can't do much to prove himself from the bench. Mourinho clearly doesn't want to give him meaningful minutes (seriously, when was his last cameo that the game wasn't already lost? Let alone start)?

If the gaffer has already made up his mind, he can't really prove himself. All evidence points to JM just not giving a shit about TN wilting on the bench. Until and if he gets a chance, it's difficult to criticize him.

Sissoko on the other hand....

Sure. Maybe I haven't seen it all. I didn't claim I did. I just said from what I've seen, sissoko seems to have a longer leash. That's certainly true from the perspective that he's been here multiple seasons and Ndombele has been here maybe a quarter season at best, considering our manager publicly likes to gloat about not playing him.

Really? He's criticised AND praised him at different times, but gloating? Nah.... Stick with the truth fella; it's the most powerful tool one can bring to the dance. :)

With respect, TN can't do much to prove himself from the bench. Mourinho clearly doesn't want to give him meaningful minutes (seriously, when was his last cameo that the game wasn't already lost? Let alone start)?

You earn your game-time in training.... Work your way into ANY managers reckoning.... Worked for GLC. Seems to be working ok for Bergwijn too.

If the gaffer has already made up his mind, he can't really prove himself. All evidence points to JM just not giving a shit about TN wilting on the bench. Until and if he gets a chance, it's difficult to criticize him.

TN has had game-time under both managers.

JM has said TN & GLC are currently vying for the same spot.... What "evidence" are you calling upon?

Sissoko on the other hand....

Sissoko is irrelevant to this.... You could drop Sissoko tomorrow and it doesn't mean Ndombele is gifted a starting spot. Similarly, as soon as we can bring a DM in Sissoko's days are numbered..... But still, if MS is you're bugbear why aren't you pining for Skipp instead?

Really? He's criticised AND praised him at different times, but gloating? Nah.... Stick with the truth fella; it's the most powerful tool one can bring to the dance. :)

You earn your game-time in training.... Work your way into ANY managers reckoning.... Worked for GLC. Seems to be working ok for Bergwijn too.

TN has had game-time under both managers.

JM has said TN & GLC are currently vying for the same spot.... What "evidence" are you calling upon?

Sissoko is irrelevant to this.... You could drop Sissoko tomorrow and it doesn't mean Ndombele is gifted a starting spot. Similarly, as soon as we can bring a DM in Sissoko's days are numbered..... But still, if MS is you're bugbear why aren't you pining for Skipp instead?

I have pined for skipp. Literally yesterday or the day before if you want to go through my posts.

JM is an idiot if he really thinks there's no way to have lo Celso and TN on the pitch at once. That's the sign of a half trick pony - yes, not even a one trick pony. Since I refuse to believe he's an idiot given his accolades, I choose to call him a petulant man child instead who likes to make an example out of one player at any team he goes, to "show the team up" or something.

Anyway that's off topic. MS was a disgrace at sheffield and yet he'll start again, and there won't be nearly as much backlash at that decision as there would be if TN started.

I have pined for skipp. Literally yesterday or the day before if you want to go through my posts.

JM is an idiot if he really thinks there's no way to have lo Celso and TN on the pitch at once. That's the sign of a half trick pony - yes, not even a one trick pony. Since I refuse to believe he's an idiot given his accolades, I choose to call him a petulant man child instead who likes to make an example out of one player at any team he goes, to "show the team up" or something.

Anyway that's off topic. MS was a disgrace at sheffield and yet he'll start again, and there won't be nearly as much backlash at that decision as there would be if TN started.

Indeed that was off-topic, but as per your closing claim; hell no.... The majority would welcome seeing TN start.

Every time you conflate the two situations you lessen a very reasonable root-point which is "yes, Sissoko was pretty shit in the last game".

Back
Top Bottom