Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we were winning and competing for a title those 3 wouldn't be targets because they wouldn't be playing. One of the reasons we are not winning or competing for titles is that bad players like Aurier and Sissoko are starting for us while City and Liverpool have nobody close to as poor as those two.

We had Walker making mistakes, yet he didn't get anywhere near the amount of abuse because we would end up winning and it wouldn't matter. Because yes, we were a better team.

But Sissoko was a target when we were competing. We signed him after finishing 3rd and then had our best Prem season ever.

Think that would go down as a foul instead of an error leading to a goal. He's not on the list on the official Premier League website.

But yes, he conceded a penalty against Liverpool when Mane kicked the back of Auriers foot. I remember it well.

:Blood boils:

BMJ no likey!:bmj:

We had Walker making mistakes, yet he didn't get anywhere near the amount of abuse because we would end up winning and it wouldn't matter. Because yes, we were a better team.

But Sissoko was a target when we were competing. We signed him after finishing 3rd and then had our best Prem season ever.

Walker did not make nearly as many mistakes and was a lot better in terms of creating, passing and running with the ball.

If Aurier offered more offensively then his defensive and positioning errors would be easy to overlook but as it is he is nowhere close to Walker, or even Trippier, with the ball and much worse than both without it.

I think the Sissoko criticism is warranted because of how awful he is with the ball. I don't think you can be that bad with the ball for a team that wants to be where Tottenham wants to be. Maybe if he were elite at everything else you could overlook it, but at best he is average defensively and positionally and that is being kind to him.

Walker did not make nearly as many mistakes and was a lot better in terms of creating, passing and running with the ball.

If Aurier offered more offensively then his defensive and positioning errors would be easy to overlook but as it is he is nowhere close to Walker, or even Trippier, with the ball and much worse than both without it.

I think the Sissoko criticism is warranted because of how awful he is with the ball. I don't think you can be that bad with the ball for a team that wants to be where Tottenham wants to be. Maybe if he were elite at everything else you could overlook it, but at best he is average defensively and positionally and that is being kind to him.

Walker made alot more mistakes leading to goals in his best season for us than Aurier has this season. Trippier made more last season.

Not really sure what more Aurier can do offensively. He has 8 assists and 2 goals this season. For someone who's "shit offensively" those are pretty good stats.

He has a hand in more goals than Lucas Moura. Another one who gets off lightly.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You dislike Aurier. I don't dislike him but am aware we need a new right back.

Did anyone still remember how shit were both Walker and Rose in the first season of Pochetinno era ?

Rose cried on social media after he signed a new deal when Pochettino arrived because fans were calling him shit. I'll never forget it.

To be fair, seems like he never forget it either after all his comments in recent years.

Did anyone still remember how shit were both Walker and Rose in the first season of Pochetinno era ?

I do and they both improved massively and became England players

I can’t see it happening with Aurier but would be delighted to be proven wrong

Rose cried on social media after he signed a new deal when Pochettino arrived because fans were calling him shit. I'll never forget it.

To be fair, seems like he never forget it either after all his comments in recent years.

That’s all true but he has mental health issues and gone public with them which is commendable

Walker made alot more mistakes leading to goals in his best season for us than Aurier has this season. Trippier made more last season.

Not really sure what more Aurier can do offensively. He has 8 assists and 2 goals this season. For someone who's "shit offensively" those are pretty good stats.

He has a hand in more goals than Lucas Moura. Another one who gets off lightly.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You dislike Aurier. I don't dislike him but am aware we need a new right back.

I am fine with dumping Moura no reason for him to get off lightly at all.

For Aurier what he can do more offensively is not have individual periods of good play or goal scoring but actually do it game in and game out. He routinely gives the ball away for no reason, routinely struggles to make effective crosses and routinely is wasteful with the ball in possession both in our half and in the attacking half.

You are right I do dislike, although that may not be strong enough of a word, Aurier because he is awful, But i just realized this is the Sissoko thread so i will refrain from the Aurier talk here and discuss him in his own thread.

I've just chucked this in the match thread, but probably better off in here for posterity.

I know I'm no longer a minority voice on the topic of our midfield and the use of Sissoko in it thereof, many saw just how inept he was last night, but this is the sequence leading up to the second goal. It's horrendous, but more so when you think the only justification for picking him is supposedly his "defensive" work.

I think you can see for yourself what unfolds. You could say some of it is just utter stupidity, like the second phase where he doesn't even seem to be watching what's happening with Aurier/Stevens, but some of it is just plain fucking laziness.

1. You see him able into shot. He actually has a chance to cut out the initial pass but just watches it roll past him.

2. He then has a chance to deal with Osbourne and his run, but just gives his shirt a tug and then watches as he runs off him.

3. Worst bit, having ambled up watching Sanchez have to deal with Osbourne, he doesn't even try to help cover Aurier, he's seems absolutely fucking oblivious to Aurier/Stevens, if he'd just been arsed to look he'd be able to help out.

It's fucking horrendous.

Same as most of the current squad. Capable of being great, but mostly a bit rubbish.

I don’t dislike the guy but generally he’s about as useful as an earthquake in a marathon.

I've just chucked this in the match thread, but probably better off in here for posterity.

I know I'm no longer a minority voice on the topic of our midfield and the use of Sissoko in it thereof, many saw just how inept he was last night, but this is the sequence leading up to the second goal. It's horrendous, but more so when you think the only justification for picking him is supposedly his "defensive" work.

I think you can see for yourself what unfolds. You could say some of it is just utter stupidity, like the second phase where he doesn't even seem to be watching what's happening with Aurier/Stevens, but some of it is just plain fucking laziness.

1. You see him able into shot. He actually has a chance to cut out the initial pass but just watches it roll past him.

2. He then has a chance to deal with Osbourne and his run, but just gives his shirt a tug and then watches as he runs off him.

3. Worst bit, having ambled up watching Sanchez have to deal with Osbourne, he doesn't even try to help cover Aurier, he's seems absolutely fucking oblivious to Aurier/Stevens, if he'd just been arsed to look he'd be able to help out.

It's fucking horrendous.
Bloody hell. I hope Mourinho makes him watch it on a loop in an Ipcress File torture box.

I have to say that his blunder kick that ended up as a corner actually made me laugh. This is a professional footballer.

I genuinely like Sissoko the man. He's a jolly lad and he does usually put in some effort, even though it's not nearly as much as some seem to think. Sometimes he points more than he kicks and hides a bit too much for my liking. He certainly should be nowhere near the starting eleven of a team with CL ambitions. Squad player? Maybe. Maybe not even that.

Bloody hell. I hope Mourinho makes him watch it on a loop in an Ipcress File torture box.

I have to say that his blunder kick that ended up as a corner actually made me laugh. This is a professional footballer.

I genuinely like Sissoko the man. He's a jolly lad and he does usually put in some effort, even though it's not nearly as much as some seem to think. Sometimes he points more than he kicks and hides a bit too much for my liking. He certainly should be nowhere near the starting eleven of a team with CL ambitions. Squad player? Maybe. Maybe not even that.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

He seems like a nice enough bloke and as a squad player who can perhaps come on late in games and use his strength and pace on the counter when we're winning, he'd be fine.

But he should not be starting games in central midfield, not in a midfield two and certainly not as a defensive midfielder.

He's absolutely not the best offensively, as we know, but I'd genuinely rather he played RW than anywhere near the centre. At least then he can use his pace and power to worry a full back and be up and down the right wing helping out his right back without leaving a fat space in the centre.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

He seems like a nice enough bloke and as a squad player who can perhaps come on late in games and use his strength and pace on the counter when we're winning, he'd be fine.

But he should not be starting games in central midfield, not in a midfield two and certainly not as a defensive midfielder.

He's absolutely not the best offensively, as we know, but I'd genuinely rather he played RW than anywhere near the centre. At least then he can use his pace and power to worry a full back and be up and down the right wing helping out his right back without leaving a fat space in the centre.

Like you said, never in the middle. They marked Lo Celso out of the game and dared us to pass it to Sissoko. He is so fucking weak in terms of the pass, ability to turn and control, and gathering that we clearly have instructed our back line to bypass him.

i hear he has a niggle so hopefully that means Skipp gets a run out and we can actually see some forward thinking. I know the got blown out, but Fabinho is really impressive when looking forward. Skipp had shown his desire to move the ball on the floor vertically and for Jose, the counter attacking man he is, should be employing players that can get it to the wingers in positions they can take advantage of.

Back
Top Bottom