Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe so too. Levy won’t sell at a loss so it should be interesting. Probably swap plus cash

I think he will be forced to, if only to get his wages off our books.

Pity and very frustrating, but I get absolutely zero impression that he is trusted or considered a part of our long term plans.

One of the most naturally gifted players I've seen at Spurs and a waste of a very large wad of cash. I really like it when he's on the pitch: his play is often progressive and cunning and he's got the skills. But injured, fat, lazy or all three, there's always something wrong. We get 30 mins of mostly decent play and then he's out of action.

He's not the only player to have a naff first season but he's definitely one where I have almost zero faith that his issues won't resolve. There's something about him that makes me think he'll always lack those extra dimensions of perserverance and tenacity that are needed at this level. It's those qualities that raised Kane above the average. Even players vastly inferior to Ndombele in terms of talent (Davies and Sissoko) have demonstrated it.

So, yeah, I'm inclined to agree that he should be put up for sale.

Now that we’re out of the CL spot, Mou really should experiment a little.

Should use the remaining games to prepare for next season, playing Tanguy seems logical but Mou is so conservative I doubt he will.

Not until our Europa spot is in the bag he shouldn't.

I wish it was from a different source, but I can't say I'm shocked if true

Of course he is.

Saves him from getting a true injury before the long transfer window and prevents Mourinho from getting questioned on why he isn't starting him or bringing him on in games if he puts him in the squad.

Of course he is.

Saves him from getting a true injury before the long transfer window and prevents Mourinho from getting questioned on why he isn't starting him or bringing him on in games if he puts him in the squad.
Maybe Barca will pony up 40 mil for him and we can cut our losses and move on

I wish it was from a different source, but I can't say I'm shocked if true

If was injured in training Monday he's unlikely to be fit by the 26th anyway. With no Europe or FA Cup it makes sense to shut him down. It's probably better for everyone at this point regardless of what happens in the summer.

If was injured in training Monday he's unlikely to be fit by the 26th anyway. With no Europe or FA Cup it makes sense to shut him down. It's probably better for everyone at this point regardless of what happens in the summer.
He’s been shutdown for most of season it seems

Reading something about why ‘creative players struggle with Mourinho teams and it seems to be about their erratic play - what makes them creative. Jose likes his players (especially midfield) to be almost mechanical and entirely trustworthy: his philosophy is based on making the lest mistakes and if you have a CM taking risks and showboating, or wanting more and more of the all, you’re inviting that pressure to make a mistake and - therefore - put your team in danger. He’s happy for the likes of Son and Kane and Coco to do what they like past the HW line, but they also need to put that defensive shape first and foremost in their minds. This is what Tanguy doesn’t do, Pogba didn’t do and KDB didn’t do - so they had no place in the team. The individual cog upset the machine and added pressure to the game. The MU team weren’t good enough to cope with a player like Pogba AND play in Jose’s style.

Back
Top Bottom