Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminds me of Stephane Dalmat. All the ability in the world. Questionable attitude. Looks like it’s done at Spurs for the guy. Maybe Amazon will show why!

If it is the end, it will be interesting to see what becomes of him. Also interested in Marcus as he grows. Two obviously talented players, that I would make sure to work with, but never meshed with the manager(s).

If Ndombele and Mourinho are just incompatible then TND needs to be sold in the next window.
I think he was at the time a signing that made people sit up and take notice but if he isn’t going to play then he has to be moved on.
It’s a shame really he looked like a real coup for Spurs last summer but if him and Mourinho don’t get on then something has to give.
There may be fault on both sides but obviously there are question marks about Ndombele’s attitude and fitness.

If Ndombele or a player similar to him had been brought when Mousa left, poch would still be in charge and we'd be in top 4 relegation.

Add in a destroyer and RB and backup forward and we'd be title challengers.
Dembele’s work rate compared to Tanguy was much more defensively minded; and he had Big Vic / Good Dier next to him so didn’t even need to do that much.

You need to adjust for the loss of Kane / Son / Eriksen in those stats.

In the 5 games we lost when he started 17 times:

Kane, Son and Eriksen were involved in 3/5
Kane and Eriksen were involved in 1/5
And the other loss included 0 of them (Chelsea away)

In the 10 games we lost when he hasn't started:

Kane, Eriksen and Son were involved in 4/10
Eriksen and Son were involved without Kane in 3/10
Kane and Son were involved without Eriksen in 1/10
Kane, Eriksen and Son were NOT involved in 2/10

In the 5 games we lost when he started 17 times:

Kane, Son and Eriksen were involved in 3/5
Kane and Eriksen were involved in 1/5
And the other loss included 0 of them (Chelsea away)

In the 10 games we lost when he hasn't started:

Kane, Eriksen and Son were involved in 4/10
Eriksen and Son were involved without Kane in 3/10
Kane and Son were involved without Eriksen in 1/10
Kane, Eriksen and Son were NOT involved in 2/10
Thanks: I can’t do the maths very well, but I think it’s 60% of the losses with Tanguy did habe K / E / S; 60% of the losses when he didn’t play didn’t have K/ S / E?

haha- don’t know what it means but we’re into crazy statistics territory without a big enough sample!

Back
Top Bottom