Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t believe for a single fucking second that he is not match fit. He is, he’s just not used. There were players who came from much worse leagues and adapted well, this narrative that the difference between Premier League and the rest is massive is just bollocks sold by the likes of Skysports who like to big up an average league for more views.

He’s not the player the Portuguese Pulis wants. He wants players who will defend hard a 1-0 win, who are disciplined and run around endlessly. The problem is that there aren’t many players like this, because even a counter-attacking system requires as much hard work as a high-pressing system.

And the 4-4-2 Mourinho and his staff wants to use puts even more burden on the two CMs. So it’s probably why Mourinho thinks Ndombele is not up for it and always chooses Winks, Sissoko or Lo Celso as the pairing.
You’re gutted we beat Woolwich without him aren’t you

:mourpointlaugh:

Last 6 games he has played the full matches so I don't what the fuck you're on about. He's only came off twice in the league and once was against Saints with a hamstring injury.

Ndombele is gasping over less than 45 minutes. He is clearly not fit. He's 90 minutes in the league 3 times and the only fucking team we beat was Villa.

Utter rubbish you're talking.
Im not talking about how long he is on the pitch for. Im talking about the amount of effort he puts in in the 90 minutes. Which hasnt been ver much at all...compared to other top attackers.

If that answer is trying to spin a yarn about how he improves us then yes I’ll dismiss it.
Because he doesn’t improve us.

I would tell you what's good about him and why we signed him and you wont accept it.

So why ask the question?

A far more interesting question is what does Sissoko bring us? And why did we sign him?

But im sure you'll bring up something about him running around abit.

And if you genuinely believe a fit Ndombele doesn't improve statistically the WORST Spurs midfield in 5 years then whats the point asking questions?

I would tell you what's good about him and why we signed him and you wont accept it.

So why ask the question?

A far more interesting question is what does Sissoko bring us? And why did we sign him?

But im sure you'll bring up something about him running around abit.

And if you genuinely believe a fit Ndombele doesn't improve statistically the WORST Spurs midfield in 5 years then whats the point asking questions?
I know exactly why we bought him.
If you believe he has fulfilled that role and met our needs and has been that player we all creamed our pants over then good for you.

I don’t give a fuck about stats, otherwise I’d think Dele Alli was good too.

I watch him on the pitch and I watch us be equally shit or worse with him in the team.
I don’t care if the stats said we passed the ball more. Or we had more possession.

The stats apparently said Woolwich won the other day too, so what.

If you believe he has fulfilled that role and met our needs and has been that player we all creamed our pants over then good for you.

I watch him on the pitch and I watch be equally shit or worse with him in the team.
I don’t care if the stats said we passed the ball more. Or we had more possession.

Let's give him one more season, mate

Sissoko was dog shit in his first season

Pre-season under Jose can make a wonder

If you believe he has fulfilled that role and met our needs and has been that player we all creamed our pants over the good for you.

I watch him on the pitch and I watch be equally shit or worse with him in the team.

When have I once said he fulfilled the role and met our needs?

Ive called him out when hes been poor and I've called him unfit all season.

The stats the other day actually said we won. More shots on goal. More shots on target. More goals.

A pity, but I can't see him playing for us again. Seems fairly unmotivated to make a go of adapting himself to Mourinho's play style, I get the feeling his heart hasn't been in it since before Christmas. Would like to be proved wrong, but his physical condition leaves a lot to be desired. I can understand Mourinho's position, though it frustrates the fan in me.

Can't fathom people who don't see what his skill-set brings to the team.

He came on for 45 minutes and showed application. He broke the lines with dribbling and passed forwards against Bournemouth, whoever chooses not to see this is just being biased.

That is the only chance he has had since the restart, he deserves more than that in my opinion. If he was given more chances and was shit then fair enough but he can’t do fuck all from the bench.
He was half good against A soon to be Championship side!
Which team is soft enough to give him a chance against ?
We can't play Norwich every week!

He's injured again anyway.

Even if he were fit, he is not going to get a start just because he was expensive. Expensive players always have talent. When he deserves to play ahead of others, he will play.

Gio was in exactly the same situation as Tanguy when Mou turned up and the difference in attitude between the two is obvious.
This is bullshit. The only reason Gio started is because of injuries. Mou even said he didn't know how to use Gio. People just filled in their own backstory after Mou started praising him because he was so obviously fucking talented after he got a run of matches.

I think he's a goner.

Great talent and would have loved for it to work out here but if the sum of the parts will be stronger with players suited to Jose's system then we have to accept it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom