Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

that dinosaur has also won countless trophies at every club he has been at mate. You might not like him or like his style, but you can’t sit there and criticise his ability as a manager with his record. He’s made a few mistakes with KDB and Salah, but Ndombele doesn’t belong in that bracket right now. I highly doubt he will be on the level of KDB or Salah.
He has all the potential to get there and under the right management he will.

Who played in midfield for Chelsea when they had a young KDB playing for them? The same applies to Salah.

You can’t keep players sometimes who want minutes but aren’t at the level you need them to be in order to challenge for the here and now. Did Jose buy both KDB and Salah for them out of curiosity?
But who plays in midfield for us right now mate! Winks and Sissoko. . .

Both have their pros and cons but neither are half as talented as Tanguy is.

Ndombele should have been given a better chance to establish himself after the restart, we will regret this when he leaves this summer.

I just want to see him get minutes as i don't see how his match fitness improves sitting on the bench every week

Ndombele should have been given a better chance to establish himself after the restart, we will regret this when he leaves this summer.

I agree, he's not going to get match fit unless he plays minutes. Since the restart he played what 1 half of football?

He's got skills that none of our other midfield players have but if he doesn't play he'll never be match fit enough to show it.

Talent but NO application.
He says he is injured every time he might get to play 90 mins.
Anyway it saves JM pulling him off at half time !,

Talent but NO application.
He says he is injured every time he might get to play 90 mins.
Anyway it saves JM pulling him off at half time !,
He came on for 45 minutes and showed application. He broke the lines with dribbling and passed forwards against Bournemouth, whoever chooses not to see this is just being biased.

That is the only chance he has had since the restart, he deserves more than that in my opinion. If he was given more chances and was shit then fair enough but he can’t do fuck all from the bench.

He came on for 45 minutes and showed application. He broke the lines with dribbling and passed forwards against Bournemouth, whoever chooses not to see this is just being biased.

That is the only chance he has had since the restart, he deserves more than that in my opinion. If he was given more chances and was shit then fair enough but he can’t do fuck all from the bench.
Now that we’re out of the CL spot, Mou really should experiment a little.

Should use the remaining games to prepare for next season, playing Tanguy seems logical but Mou is so conservative I doubt he will.

Now that we’re out of the CL spot, Mou really should experiment a little.

Should use the remaining games to prepare for next season, playing Tanguy seems logical but Mou is so conservative I doubt he will.

He's injured again anyway.

Even if he were fit, he is not going to get a start just because he was expensive. Expensive players always have talent. When he deserves to play ahead of others, he will play.

Gio was in exactly the same situation as Tanguy when Mou turned up and the difference in attitude between the two is obvious.

I know Ndombele has had a frustrating season in terms of staying fit and constantly picking up little injuries, but the idea that he's not as good as like Gedson Fernandes is completely laughable. He was playing at a very high level in the Champions League for Lyon just last season - England and the PL can be a big adjustment for anyone. He's had a change of managers, philosophies and been reportedly feuding with a coach who isn't giving him a fair shake.

This is arguably a far worse situation than it was at Chelsea with De Bruyne and Salah. De Bruyne was a 21 year old from Genk, Salah was a 22 year old from Basel, both had performed well in Europe, but neither to the degree of Ndombele's performances last season for Lyon. They arguably were not good enough for the Chelsea first team while they were there, though I think Salah and De Bruyne certainly were by the time they were sold. There isn't a doubt that Ndombele is good enough for our first team now, he's clearly one of our most talented players. If Mourinho isn't getting the most out of Ndombele, that is a Mourinho problem, not an Ndombele one.

I don’t believe for a single fucking second that he is not match fit. He is, he’s just not used. There were players who came from much worse leagues and adapted well, this narrative that the difference between Premier League and the rest is massive is just bollocks sold by the likes of Skysports who like to big up an average league for more views.

He’s not the player the Portuguese Pulis wants. He wants players who will defend hard a 1-0 win, who are disciplined and run around endlessly. The problem is that there aren’t many players like this, because even a counter-attacking system requires as much hard work as a high-pressing system.

And the 4-4-2 Mourinho and his staff wants to use puts even more burden on the two CMs. So it’s probably why Mourinho thinks Ndombele is not up for it and always chooses Winks, Sissoko or Lo Celso as the pairing.

Their group was one of the weakest in the whole competition.

I'm not going to debate the specifics, but generally speaking, a group with 3 teams from a Big 5 league (with one of them being the PL record points holders City) and Shakhtar is not going to be one of the weakest. Shakhtar finished 2nd in a group with Man City and Napoli the season before.

Can anyone actually say what is so good about Ndombele?
3 years ago against City in the CL

He destroyed Aston Villa

He did a turn against Burnley or Wolves or something

He flicked it and ran in a training video

Anyone got some more?
Cos all I see is a slow fat blob

Can anyone actually say what is so good about Ndombele?
3 years ago against City in the CL

He destroyed Aston Villa

He did a turn against Burnley or Wolves or something

He flicked it and ran in a training video

Anyone got some more?
Cos all I see is a slow fat blob

City was last season.

Back
Top Bottom