Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a clash of styles: suited Poch, but couldn’t afford for him to take 2 years to get good enough and had to play him; doesn’t suit Jose’s style (or doesn’t seem to have the desire to work to fit it).

A club like us can’t spend £60m on a player earning £200k a week for the manager to coach him for three months then realise the player won’t be ready for two years. That is an absolute fuck up.

I can’t believe the grace he’s given by some fans. He can’t even get fit to play a full fucking match. I dislike sissoko and Aurier as players but they’re professional despite their limitations and are as fit as a pro footballer could ever want to be.

A club like us can’t spend £60m on a player earning £200k a week for the manager to coach him for three months then realise the player won’t be ready for two years. That is an absolute fuck up.

I can’t believe the grace he’s given by some fans. He can’t even get fit to play a full fucking match. I dislike sissoko and Aurier as players but they’re professional despite their limitations and are as fit as a pro footballer could ever want to be.
Agree entirely : probably would have fitted in well with Poch as he played aggressive, possession-based football; doesn’t suit a defensive coach. He’ll be fine somewhere else, I’m sure(ish).
I can’t imagine a future for him here and I don’t think he’d be happy having to be part of a midfield machine, anyway. Need to go somewhere he’s appreciated (or change his mindset dramatically).

He’ll come good after pre-season

Believe
He’s 100% gone in my opinion, massive shame. The only chance we have of keeping him is teams not having enough cash to stump up and levy putting his foot down on getting his money back.

A loan away would be extremely poor business in my opinion, and I guess we better start looking for another midfielder that can pass the ball forwards because if Lo Celso gets an injury next season we are royally fucked.

The thought of a Winks /Hojberg / sissoko midfield 3 makes me sick, but I’m pretty sure we will see that under this manager if he has his way.

The thought of a Winks /Hojberg / sissoko midfield 3 makes me sick, but I’m pretty sure we will see that under this manager if he has his way.
Wouldn't you think that José Mourinho of all people understands that that would be a horrific midfield? If anything it would mean that he wasn't properly backed in the transfer window.

I doubt Levy will get enough to be willing to sell him and we will hear some nonsense about how he is like a new signing which is why we didn't spend any money during this window.

Then he will come in overweight again and his apologists will blame it on his injury, he will take until halfway to the season to be ready which apologist will blame on him not being able to get enough games last year, pick up another injury which apologists will blame on him try to get back into game shape miss the next quarter of a season finally coming back and doing nothing in the 20 mins he is able to play a game for the last 10 games of the season, which apologists will blame on Mourinho.

We will have another summer of his apologists telling us how amazing he is and how he just needs a chance and if we can wait until 2245 he will be ready by then to be a dominant player in the league.

Is it cheaper in the long run to fire Mourinho (20m buyout) or sell Ndombele? That is probably a bigger factor in this debate than it should be, and it's also probably why they both will be back next season.

In the 5 games we lost when he started 17 times:

Kane, Son and Eriksen were involved in 3/5
Kane and Eriksen were involved in 1/5
And the other loss included 0 of them (Chelsea away)

In the 10 games we lost when he hasn't started:

Kane, Eriksen and Son were involved in 4/10
Eriksen and Son were involved without Kane in 3/10
Kane and Son were involved without Eriksen in 1/10
Kane, Eriksen and Son were NOT involved in 2/10
This reads like a wash or statistically insignificant.

You could go deeper to form, teams played, etc...but I will save you the time and say that Ndombele playing or not is not the driving reason behind us winning or losing this season.

Well that's me depressed for the next week at least

That cannot be allowed to happen , screams Burnley or even west ham level
It's alright, Winks and Sissoko run a lot so we will be fine. Granted, the one overruns his defensive responsibilities and the other one runs alot because of poor positional awareness, but if there is anything I've learned its the key metric of footballing success is sprints per 90.

This reads like a wash or statistically insignificant.

You could go deeper to form, teams played, etc...but I will save you the time and say that Ndombele playing or not is not the driving reason behind us winning or losing this season.

Agreed.

I was only giving the guy stats he wants.

I don't think Ndombele starting post lockdown would have seen us earn more points just like I don't think Ndombele not starting is the reason we've done relatively well.

Hopefully we get to pre-season, Mourinho can get the players he wants and fit Ndombele into his squad.

Wouldn't you think that José Mourinho of all people understands that that would be a horrific midfield? If anything it would mean that he wasn't properly backed in the transfer window.
Considering the lineups Mourinho has put out that's probably his dream midfield. Just think of how much they will run about because they aren't able to retain possession or move the ball upfield.

Considering the lineups Mourinho has put out that's probably his dream midfield. Just think of how much they will run about because they aren't able to retain possession or move the ball upfield.
Yeah and he would put Partey, Lo Celso and let's say Thiago on the bench instead of 3 incredibly average footballers who wouldn't stand out at Everton... "His dream midfield" :harrysmile:

Ndombele is gasping over less than 45 minutes. He is clearly not fit. He's 90 minutes in the league 3 times and the only fucking team we beat was Villa.
And on this showing he’s been declared the most technically gifted player in the squad, one of the most gifted Spurs players we’ve seen, clearly a brilliant footballer, should be playing every week (despite improving and winning without him)......

Folks please put down the YouTube.
The French league is shit. Without those past clips, you’d see him for what he is here and now, because you know, that’s all that matters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom