Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So two out of three he got right then.
And regarding KDB he was 20 when he was loaned out, and had Hazard to try and oust.....oh yeah that was going to happen.

He was also signed by the regime before Jose in January with the agreement to stay in Genk til the summer.
Then he played a couple pre season games and went on loan (OH SHOCK HORROR IMAGINE THAT!!!!)

If Jose got rid of the player he became, why did it take City and every other big club three years to pick up on it while he bummed around at mid table German teams?
City signed him one season after he joined Wolfsburg for premier league record fee at that time, 80 millions euros.

Wolfsburg made 60 million euros profit on him after one season.

Who are these analysts that we should be listening to? Are they on Twitter by any chance?

Do they all look like spotty, big foreheaded virgins that crave the touch of a woman? I'm sure the number crunchers know more than ex-professionals who have played the game at the highest levels.

Like Robbie Savage?

Footballers are renowned for their intellect and analytical thinking aren't they.

I'd seriously love to know the following;
1) Would you swap Ndombele for any one of Partey, Pogba or Bruno Fernandes?

2) If OL offered us ALL the cash back and said they'd take Tanguy back, would you accept?
Partey/Best DM available just because it’s been a need for 2 years and we could play in a 4-2-3-1 and put Dele in the 10. Lo Celso-Partey/DM as a midfield 2 would be great.

Fernandes is a great 10 but very different from Ndombele so we’d still have a DM problem. If we played in a 4-3-3 with a DM next to Lo Celso and Ndombele then we don’t need a #10.

Swapping with Pogba would just result in the same issues.

And better to take cash and buy a DM if Jose won’t play him and Levy won’t fire Jose. I just think Jose should play him and we buy a DM - we have the squad makeup for a possession based 4-3-3 and it would be great to actually see it. Every other midfielder we have (besides Lo Celso) is demonstrably worse.

He’s 100% gone in my opinion, massive shame. The only chance we have of keeping him is teams not having enough cash to stump up and levy putting his foot down on getting his money back.

A loan away would be extremely poor business in my opinion, and I guess we better start looking for another midfielder that can pass the ball forwards because if Lo Celso gets an injury next season we are royally fucked.

The thought of a Winks /Hojberg / sissoko midfield 3 makes me sick, but I’m pretty sure we will see that under this manager if he has his way.

Mourinho has explicitly said that he doesn’t think Sissoko is really a central midfielder, he is playing there due to our lack of options.

Mou might prefer defensively stable players in midfield but the ones he’s used, like Makelele, Essien, Alonso, Cambiasso, Matic etc were hardly cloggers. I‘m sure he doesn’t want to be relying on Sissoko as a starter but in this moment there is nobody else.

isn't that 3 players though? :mourbye:
That's why it's so good - we have 12 players and they have 11.

giphy.gif

KDB didn't play anywhere near where Hazard plays. He primarily had a 34yo Tubby Lamps to try and oust.
Ahhh I see you fast forwarded 6yrs to when Pep started playing him in CM. Convenient.

And regarding Lampard, imagine if Ndombele was a veteran and legend here, and one of the highest scoring CMs in PL history.
And a new manager came in and dropped him for Skipp.
I wonder what you’d say about that

:mourshock:

Back
Top Bottom