Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course, your scenario 2 is much better. That's quite a long way from the previous discussion.

But it isn’t is mate ? Spurs fans are clearly stating they feel getting to a CL final the other year far outweighs winning the league cup, so clearly certain supporters would prefer just to be in a CL final, over winning a league cup for instance which is absolute nonsense mate. Unless you win the champions league, it means jack shit. Getting to a final is no achievement mate.

Guardiola don't he wants to win every trophy available. Maybe us spurs fans should copy that mentality
Underselling trophies is something I don't get.

Real "winners" want to win every competition they are in. Real doesn't shy out of wanting to win the Copa. and if they somehow ended up in the Europa League they would want to win it.

I guess what I'm saying is that I consider the League Cup these days to be a Mickey Mouse trophy.
Its a good day out for the fans and a trophy but it really means nothing to a club progressing or your best players wanting to stay. Winning it wont keep a manager in a job which is why most of them dont give a toss about it. Dalglish, a Liverpool legend got binned after winning it and getting to an FA cup final because he finished 7th. Guardiola can take it reasonably seriously because he can pick 2 different sides of quality. I'd love the domestic cups to still be important, the champions league has ruined football but we are where we are.

Underselling trophies is something I don't get.

Real "winners" want to win every competition they are in. Real doesn't shy out of wanting to win the Copa. and if they somehow ended up in the Europa League they would want to win it.

Exactly mate. With our pathetic track record of trophies, why are Spurs fans putting their nose up at winning the league cup ? It’s mad. Mancity take that league cup seriously. It’s a trophy at the end of the day and if it means the club go onto win more trophies, I’d 100% take the league cup next season.

I guess what I'm saying is that I consider the League Cup these days to be a Mickey Mouse trophy.

How can we seriously turn our noses up at the League cup when we haven't won a trophy since 2008?

It just doesn't make any sense.

When the Goons win the FA cup again despite being a shit side and us being better, they will be absolutely lording it over us.

Even in the years where we were making the top 4 and finishing above them they won a couple of FA cups.

But it isn’t is mate ? Spurs fans are clearly stating they feel getting to a CL final the other year far outweighs winning the league cup, so clearly certain supporters would prefer just to be in a CL final, over winning a league cup for instance which is absolute nonsense mate. Unless you win the champions league, it means jack shit. Getting to a final is no achievement mate.
Getting to a final is a good achievement, but winning it gets you remembered and in the history books, nobody deals in failure certainly not Jose who doesn't embrace losing or runners up positions.

A club like us that hasn't won anything for a long time is in no position to call any trophy a "mickey mouse" trophy. That's maybe an attitude that Real, Barcelona or Bayern fans have but for us to do that is stupid. Maybe our fans are scared of celebrating cause some assholes on twitter will make fun of them. Same with the Mourinho celebrations. Oh no other fans will make fun of us. Fuck them and fuck pundits who always have something negative to say about us

A club like us that hasn't won anything for a long time is in no position to call any trophy a "mickey mouse" trophy. That's maybe an attitude that Real, Barcelona or Bayern fans have but for us to do that is stupid. Maybe our fans are scared of celebrating cause some assholes on twitter will make fun of them. Same with the Mourinho celebrations. Oh no other fans will make fun of us. Fuck them and fuck pundits who always have something negative to say about us

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

If its beneath the likes of Man City then it should be beneath us as well.

But it isn't, they might be the neighbour with the brand new Mercedes sat on the drive, but that shouldn't stop us wanting a brand new Ford Focus on ours.

And the long term thing here is instilling a winning mentality, often a league cup can then Spur a team on to bigger and better things.

Every PL club plays a weaker side in the League Cup.

I’d like it to be a more important competition, and I‘d very much like to win it, but its status is very low. That’s just the way it is.

I wonder if Harry Kane looks back at reaching a CL final as a 'major honour'? Might be worth revisiting that one in a year or two.
Playing devils advocate - you think winning a league cup would make him think “no point going to Madrid, we won the league cup”. A host of shit teams have won league cups, no shit teams have made a CL final.

It isn’t that black and white.

The discussion was specifically about the League Cup. Personally, I would rank getting to a CL semi final over winning the League Cup.

FA Cup is a different story
Hahaha, what a crock of shit

Do people actually realise that the only people who remember our semi final last year are Spurs and Ajax fans?

Imagine West Ham fans telling their grandkids about the biggest achievement in their history being winning a semi final

Nobody in the football world will even remember we were a finalist in a year or two. They will remember that Liverpool won it.

I'd rather put something....anything in our trophy cabinet.

It's embarrassing for a club of our stature and resources to be without a trophy for so long.

We are the Newcastle of the south.

That's why I welcome Mourinho and his brand of football as I can see him bringing us at least one trophy.

A bridge too far..... Those fuckers haven't won a thing since the 50s or something.

:pochunimpressed:

Playing devils advocate - you think winning a league cup would make him think “no point going to Madrid, we won the league cup”. A host of shit teams have won league cups, no shit teams have made a CL final.

Unless you win the CL, it means jack shit. We lost it. Nobody will remember that and the only team will be in the history books are Liverpool.

They’ve still won a trophy though.
Emerson Boyce has won more than Harry Kane.

If shit teams can win the Carabou or FA Cup, and we get knocked out by Colchester and Palace, then I guess we shouldn’t be looking down on them

Great and driven players want to win trophies. Probably CL, PL and then FA/League Cup, in that order.

And that’s the only comparison I responded to
What’s your problem here?
I’m not sure why you would pretend you wasn’t having a pop at Jose and implying Poch would have done better. You was.

You have taken massive offense to the fact I pulled you up on it.

Of course not having injuries is better than having injuries. What kind of silly question is that?

I distinctly remember the biggest game in the clubs history being handled with an utterly amateurish team selection with regards to our injury situation. We played an injured player, and dropped an in form one, so hows that for cunning tactical juggling?

Poch benefitted from having Llorente and Son when Kane was out.
I don’t remember him ever being without all three though.

I remember having 7 hammered past us without injuries though and Sanchez playing RB a few times.
He failed to deal with the injuries for fuck sake. That's the only point being made. You either agree with that or you don't. If you don't then what is the fucking point you are trying to make?

I'm not pretending that I'm NOT having a pop at Jose, I AM having a pop at him, I AM being critical of him. I DON'T think he had any solutions in dealing with the injuries. THIS and the point that the season suspension benefited him is the point being made.

I then gave examples of a manager that dealt with injuries, on account that he finished higher up the table, got to a CL final and a domestic semi-final whilst experiencing injuries. There are other managers who this season have had many injuries to their team to deal with too, who I think have dealt with them better than Jose.

But I've written this about ten times now. Has it sunk in yet? Would drawing a picture help?

He failed to deal with the injuries for fuck sake. That's the only point being made. You either agree with that or you don't. If you don't then what is the fucking point you are trying to make?

I'm not pretending that I'm NOT having a pop at Jose, I AM having a pop at him, I AM being critical of him. I DON'T think he had any solutions in dealing with the injuries. THIS and the point that the season suspension benefited him is the point being made.

I then gave examples of a manager that dealt with injuries, on account that he finished higher up the table, got to a CL final and a domestic semi-final whilst experiencing injuries. There are other managers who this season have had many injuries to their team to deal with too, who I think have dealt with them better than Jose.

But I've written this about ten times now. Has it sunk in yet? Would drawing a picture help?
You said you didn’t make the comparison at all though.
Now you admit it.
You said there was only two points being made and the one I addressed was non existent.

At least you realise how see through you are now.

Back
Top Bottom