Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahaha, what a crock of shit

Do people actually realise that the only people who remember our semi final last year are Spurs and Ajax fans?

Imagine West Ham fans telling their grandkids about the biggest achievement in their history being winning a semi final
Imagine telling your grandkids that the biggest achievement you saw at your club is winning the League Cup.. It’s no better

On style of play - if we have a respectable win ratio and win a trophy, most fans will tolerate it. If we don't, he'll be in trouble within the year. I don't think JM will be here longer than 2-3 years at most in any event though.

Got far more enjoyment and emotion winning that semi final against Ajax than I did when we won the Carling Cup.

:mourthumb:

We all thoroughly enjoyed it. I cried with emotion reaching that final. But at the end of the day, what a huge disappointment it was. That CL won’t be remembered for Mouras incredible hatrick, but will be remembered for us bottling the final. We don’t go in any history books for losing a final dude. That 2008 league cup win is still remembered and is an achievement. Couldn’t careless what anyone says, beating Chelsea in the league cup final was fantastic.

The comparison is being made solely for the purposes on who managed injuries better, I've made no other comment. It was also used by means of giving an example of what was being said.

It's clear that this also came into the discussion following Spurs/Jose benefited from the suspension of the league rather being hurt by it, which was a claim actually being put forward to which I wholeheartedly refute as utter nonsense, seeing that we got those injuries players back fit during that period.

It's also absolutely hilarious that you would now say it's not fair to compare them having heard all season long that "Jose should be judged at the end of the season" by his cult. I've made no attempt post-game to make comparisons or judgements as I have nothing to add to what I thought before and during his time at the club.

Getting to the CL final was one of the greatest moments I've had in the near 50yrs of supporting the club. It means loads to me, I loved the journey and I now have many brilliant memories that will live with me for the rest of my life. If you think it means nothing then I do have sympathy towards you and how you view football through your prism, it must be tough going.
I always said I would judge Jose next season when he can start a fresh and hopefully have a chance to bring a few players in, and no disrespect but half our fan base just being happy with getting to a final is half the problem, little old tottenham punching above there weight and we should be happy just to have had the experience? Fuck that shit it’s one of the reasons we aren’t taken seriously as a club and untill our mentality changes then we will never be a big club

Didnt he say finishing 2nd with United was his greatest achievement? He was celebrating finishing 6th yesterday.
He did finish second and won two trophies with them their best season since Ferguson left.
As for celebrating getting back into Europe again, that should be a minimal requirement with the infustructure the club has, in fairness we probably should and could of achieved more.

One needn't be so polar-minded....

FFS.... It's OK to to have treasured memories and yet still value cups you know....

Vs Inter home & away
Vs AC away
Vs RM at Wembley
Last years away run in the CL
Countless NLDs
The run-in to our first CL qualification.
Wigan 9-1

Etc.

Bollocks to using a false equivalence to Newcastle just to get one's digs in too.... Have a little more respect for your club FFS. :dembelefingers:

Last edited:
You said you didn’t make the comparison at all though.
Now you admit it.
You said there was only two points being made and the one I addressed was non existent.

At least you realise how see through you are now.
I've said Jose couldn't deal with our injuries.
I've said he benefited from the season's suspension.
I've given examples of a manager who dealt with injuries better than him on account of achieving more.

Again, would drawing you a picture make this easier for you?

They’ve still won a trophy though.
Emerson Boyce has won more than Harry Kane.

If shit teams can win the Carabou or FA Cup, and we get knocked out by Colchester and Palace, then I guess we shouldn’t be looking down on them
My point is that success and progression has to be on all fronts for a manager at a club like Spurs to be seen as successful. Juande is an example of that. And whilst you’re right about the Boyce-Kane example, if Kane had won 2 league cups during his Spurs career but never played in the CL, I’m confident in saying he wouldn’t be here now.

I guess what I’m saying is that winning a trophy alone isn’t enough to satisfy me, I want to see a pathway to building a club that can sustainably win trophies. I had hoped that was what Poch was doing, but I do think he failed tactically at some of the most crucial times.

There just seems to be a notion amongst some fans that they would sell they soul for a sniff of a league cup, which I can understand given recent tough times, but it’s not the way I see things.

We all thoroughly enjoyed it. I cried with emotion reaching that final. But at the end of the day, what a huge disappointment it was. That CL won’t be remembered for Mouras incredible hatrick, but will be remembered for us bottling the final. We don’t go in any history books for losing a final dude. That 2008 league cup win is still remembered and is an achievement. Couldn’t careless what anyone says, beating Chelsea in the league cup final was fantastic.

Agree. Hugely enjoyed the CL semi final against Ajax (a game that we won) but the final was a crushing disappointment. For note I also enjoyed us winning the CC in 2008 more than us winning the CL semi final. Fair play if some fans liked getting to the final in itself more but that's not my take at all.

On JM himself, will judge more fully - either positively or negatively - at the end of next season, if he's still here then.

Who gives a shit was others think?

Ill always remember that semi final. For the rest of my life. Just like ill remember the 08 final win. Both gave me a sense of pride and enjoyment.

Too many spurs fans seem to care more about what other fans think of them and the team to actually enjoy anything.

I always said I would judge Jose next season when he can start a fresh and hopefully have a chance to bring a few players in, and no disrespect but half our fan base just being happy with getting to a final is half the problem, little old tottenham punching above there weight and we should be happy just to have had the experience? Fuck that shit it’s one of the reasons we aren’t taken seriously as a club and untill our mentality changes then we will never be a big club
How's the mentality of the team after Jose being in charge for 35 games?

"Start a fresh", what does that mean? The season is going to start in 6 weeks time, maybe even sooner due to EL quail game may or may not be required to be played.

Why is me being happy getting to a CL final a problem with how the team play? What should I be doing to make me a "Big Time Supporter"? What do I have to say/sing and why does this change what Jose does?

Remembered by who? I’ll remember Moura’s hat trick, will you not? Who gives a fuck about what some cunty gooner on TalkSport thinks?

5 years ago it was all about St Totterings day with Woolwich, now that’s dead they’ll bring up a lack of trophies. When we win a league cup they’ll call it a Mickey Mouse trophy. They’re all cunts.

I’m happy to say making the final was greatest achievement I witnessed as spurs fan (born 85), certainly greater than the 2 league cup wins.

I couldn’t give 2 fucks about what some cunt on the radio remembers or what’s on Wikipedia.

Great and driven players want to win trophies. Probably CL, PL and then FA/League Cup, in that order.
I remember when the quote was “great players want to play in the CL”. I guess that was around the time we weren’t making it and Berba and Keane left AFTER winning a league cup.

How's the mentality of the team after Jose being in charge for 35 games?

"Start a fresh", what does that mean? The season is going to start in 6 weeks time, maybe even sooner due to EL quail game may or may not be required to be played.

Why is me being happy getting to a CL final a problem with how the team play? What should I be doing to make me a "Big Time Supporter"? What do I have to say/sing and why does this change what Jose does?
Start a fresh means not coming in when the team is in 14th , is that really so hard to understand? I’m glad your happy with just getting to a final after all it’s the taking part that counts isn’t it !

Remembered by who? I’ll remember Moura’s hat trick, will you not? Who gives a fuck about what some cunty gooner on TalkSport thinks?

5 years ago it was all about St Totterings day with Woolwich, now that’s dead they’ll bring up a lack of trophies. When we win a league cup they’ll call it a Mickey Mouse trophy. They’re all cunts.

I’m happy to say making the final was greatest achievement I witnessed as spurs fan (born 85), certainly greater than the 2 league cup wins.

I couldn’t give 2 fucks about what some cunt on the radio remembers or what’s on Wikipedia.

Im born 1985 and I don’t think getting to a final and losing it is an achievement mate. It’s small time celebrating getting to finals and losing. It was a fantastic run, but we won nothing mate. You might not find it prestigious, but beating Chelsea in the league cup is an achievement. It’s a trophy at the end of the day. If we come out as champions league winners and had beaten Liverpool, then I completely understand as not much would of topped that. We didn’t though, we are forever the ultimate losers until this club actually achieve something.

I remember when the quote was “great players want to play in the CL”. I guess that was around the time we weren’t making it and Berba and Keane left AFTER winning a league cup.

The problem is that great players want both CL football and to win stuff. We can't control the narratives about Spurs that emerge within the media and that constantly evolving register of 'success' you refer to. Personally I'm not that fussed what they say, though I can't speak for other supporters on that one.

I can say more confidently that we can hold onto our best players with quantifiable success. Next season we have no CL for the first time in about six years, so we need to go all out to win a domestic cup or the EL. We cannot turn up our nose at any of them. If we end the season trophy-less and missing out on CL football then I think Mourinho should be judged harshly - he's been brought in to win stuff. I look forward to revisiting these thoughts in a year's time.

I've said Jose couldn't deal with our injuries.
I've said he benefited from the season's suspension.
I've given examples of a manager who dealt with injuries better than him on account of achieving more.

Again, would drawing you a picture make this easier for you?
Ok well I’m going back into the past too and Jose is winning 23-0
Maybe you need to re address what you call achievement

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom