Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lies, damned lies, and statistics

In the middle four years of Poch's reign we secured 304 points, had a cumulative PL goal difference of +160, qualified for the Champions League in all four seasons and defeated Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund (three times), Inter Milan, and Manchester City in the CL and made the CL Final.

In the best four-year non-Poch stretch under ENIC (2009-10 through 2012-13, spanning 'Arry and AVB) we secured 273 points (eight fewer per year), had a cumulative PL goal difference of +80 (half!, 20 lower per year), qualified for the Champions League once (though really twice due to the Chelsea bullshit), and beat Inter and AC Milan, best finishing with a curbstomping by Real Madrid in the last 16.

It's not even close. The improvement under Poch was MASSIVE.

Now, was that improvement baked in by a squad sprinkled with superstar talents? Well, the pick of litter are still here, in their primes, under one of the most decorated managers in history. Let's see!
We win nothing, lost the title to Leicester and went from 2nd, to 3rd to 4th to 14th without winning away for 11 months in the PL and he was sacked.

What’s the lie?

Poch improved us with the team levy bought him though.
People acting like Jan, Eriksen, Toby, Lloris, Wanyama, Dembele and Kane were all nothing mid table players before Poch came.
And he bought him that team with the lowest net spend in the Premier League from 2014 - 2019
What an unbelievable achievment by Poch
Imagine what he could have achieved with some proper backing.

You were one of those endorsing, and then justifying, the transfer window cop outs that the more reasonable among us correctly predicted would lead to the shambles we've seen unfold.

At least I held my hands up over my stadium embarresment.

It would be nice if you showed the same gesture and admitted your own

And he bought him that team with the lowest net spend in the Premier League from 2014 - 2019
What an unbelievable achievment by Poch
Imagine what he could have achieved with some proper backing.

You were one of those endorsing, and then justifying, the transfer window cop outs that the more reasonable among us correctly predicted would lead to the shambles we've seen unfold.

At least I held my hands up over my stadium embarresment.

It would be nice if you showed the same gesture and admitted your own
Poch took over a top 6 team
That’s a fact.
It was actually a top 5 team that had finished 6th on the back of a managerial change.

You think Arry 4th twice was a miracle?
You think Tim doing better than AVB was a miracle? Tim beating Poch TWICE, was that a miracle?

Was losing the semi due to playing a weakened side a miracle?

Another fact John ?
Sorry Stevee

18th. Or third lowest net spend from 2014 - 2019

DD-COMPOSITE-PREM-NETT-SPEND.jpg

Fact

Below are the positive and negative balances (prices are in Euros) for teams from Europe, with Chelsea, Benfica, Ajax, Sporting Lisbon and RB Salzburg leading the way.

As for the biggest spenders, Real Madrid, Aston Villa (!), Barcelona, Man United and Tottenham are top of that category.

Net-spend-negative-2020.png

Below are the positive and negative balances (prices are in Euros) for teams from Europe, with Chelsea, Benfica, Ajax, Sporting Lisbon and RB Salzburg leading the way.

As for the biggest spenders, Real Madrid, Aston Villa (!), Barcelona, Man United and Tottenham are top of that category.

Net-spend-negative-2020.png
So you're using one summer transfer window, a couple of months before he was sacked, to justify the claim he was well backed by Levy

:harrylol:

Follow the thread mate.

So you're using one summer transfer window, a couple of months before he was sacked, to justify the claim he was well backed by Levy

:harrylol:

Follow the thread mate.
Same as you, one season of not spending = not backing.
But let's ignore the fact that he actually spent £450m on players.
:dembelelol:

Net spend means fuck all, Aston Villa were the highest net spenders last year, we had more of a net spend than the Dippers over the last 5 years.
Means fuck all.

No mate.
3rd lowest net spenders in the Premier League over a 5 year period = not backing

:avbcringe:

As the table I posted illustrates.
So that means the Dippers weren't backed in the last 5 years either.
After all, our net spend over that time is higher than them.

Net spend means fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom