Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are people moaning about our performance and blaming Jose for last night even though the game was called off?

Might as well, I mean, you would have moaned if it had been played.

tenor.gif

Seriously, there are fans that have decided a performance is going to be bad before a ball is kicked. They might as well moan about how bad yesterdays game was even though it wasn't played because they would have moaned anyway. I'm sure they could also add that the cancellation of the game would have been better if we hadn't sacked Poch.

Might as well give this a go!

Formation of 0 players resulted in 0 shots on goal. Pass completion % was actually non existent.

And he made no subs to change things either.

No tactics whatsoever on display.

#joseout

Seriously, there are fans that have decided a performance is going to be bad before a ball is kicked. They might as well moan about how bad yesterdays game was even though it wasn't played because they would have moaned anyway. I'm sure they could also add that the cancellation of the game would have been better if we hadn't sacked Poch.

People do love a moan!!

Bigger than Maguire?
Oh yes, way bigger. Maguire is a decent defender that just cost a lot of money. He was defo an upgrade from smalling, Jones and Bailly. Pogba has contributed very little since arriving. Came to United as their highest paid player then got the hump and threw a strop when de gea got more money.
How many memorable moments has pogba delivered since arriving at United? He's capable of sublime skill but then usually follows it up with a pass to no one, not good enough. Just my opinion 👍

Oh yes, way bigger. Maguire is a decent defender that just cost a lot of money. He was defo an upgrade from smalling, Jones and Bailly. Pogba has contributed very little since arriving. Came to United as their highest paid player then got the hump and threw a strop when de gea got more money.
How many memorable moments has pogba delivered since arriving at United? He's capable of sublime skill but then usually follows it up with a pass to no one, not good enough. Just my opinion 👍

I'd take Slab-Head over Pogba all day long.

Indeed, man utd are a shambles. Pogba is their biggest mistake but they can't admit to it

Err. No it’s a genuine refusal to modernise their strict post SAF, in a similar way to how LFC refused to let go of the boot room culture in the 90s. They’ve made many worse signings than Pogba, that move turned out to be a bigger mistake on Pogba’s part than Utd. He’s basically wasted 5 years on a terribly run club whilst winning the biggest prize with his country.

They spent £80mil on a fat headed fridge for a marginal improvement, £30mil on Shaw, £55mil on Fred (seriously this doesn’t get talked about enough), £35mil on Lindelof, £50mil on AWB (I don’t care how good a 1v1 defender he is, the attacking abilities of a full back for an aspiring Elite club is more important + England have an overload of good players in that position), £40 mil on Matic, still play a 32 year old Juan Mata on the RW, Dan James is terribly out of his depth, made Alexis the highest paid player in the league and boxed themselves into a corner by paying DDG a ridiculous amount even though they knew they had Henderson waiting in the wings.

Best moves they’ve made is getting rid of Lukaku at a marginal loss and signing Bruno - Though he’s become hideously overrated and a lot of people will be coming back down to earth on their takes of him.

I would love to see United go bust.

In fact, I now dislike Man United and Man United fans more than our rivals.
Currupt club that have been running the media for 25+ years to their own advantage.
All the fans unde the age of 60 are plastic glory hunters and a large portion of the over 60's are too.
Nothing to like about them. Don't even have the greatest coach ever to admire any more.

Err. No it’s a genuine refusal to modernise their strict post SAF, in a similar way to how LFC refused to let go of the boot room culture in the 90s. They’ve made many worse signings than Pogba, that move turned out to be a bigger mistake on Pogba’s part than Utd. He’s basically wasted 5 years on a terribly run club whilst winning the biggest prize with his country.

They spent £80mil on a fat headed fridge for a marginal improvement, £30mil on Shaw, £55mil on Fred (seriously this doesn’t get talked about enough), £35mil on Lindelof, £50mil on AWB (I don’t care how good a 1v1 defender he is, the attacking abilities of a full back for an aspiring Elite club is more important + England have an overload of good players in that position), £40 mil on Matic, still play a 32 year old Juan Mata on the RW, Dan James is terribly out of his depth, made Alexis the highest paid player in the league and boxed themselves into a corner by paying DDG a ridiculous amount even though they knew they had Henderson waiting in the wings.

Best moves they’ve made is getting rid of Lukaku at a marginal loss and signing Bruno - Though he’s become hideously overrated and a lot of people will be coming back down to earth on their takes of him.
I don't think you can say pogba has wasted 5 years being there. If he didn't want to be there he would have left. But instead he has chosen to hang around demanding huge money and delivering nothing in return. Woodward is too pussy to give him the boot. While the other players you mention may have limitations on the pitch they certainly don't disturb the harmony the way pogba does. Sorry I know this is a Jose thread and my original point was that he got a lot of flack for his United time but United have big problems and it's easier to blame jose rather than fixing their problems. If ole managed to finish second this season he'd be a bloody hero🤷‍♂️

£15m per year to have 1% responsibility, very, very nice work if you can get it.

Obviously you are taking a very personal and negative view of what he said, of course a manager is not responsible for 1% of a team’s overall performance, that’s not what he’s saying. But when it comes down to INDIVIDUAL players on the grass, then yes, they are the ones who have to perform and use their talent to execute the managers instructions (whether they like them or not). I’m sure Mourinho would also say that he takes only 1% of the credit for the performances of Kane, Lloris and Son.

Players like Kane, Ronaldo, Messi etc they give a high level of performance no matter who the manager is. That is their nature, that is what makes them elite players.

Dele has the same level of pride but without the consistency in performance, he has been living a charmed life for too long. He should study well what happened to Rose, another player from the Poch golden era who consistently played like shit for 2 years and then got very upset when he was taken out. Does he want to cling to the past and end up being rejected by Genoa and Cagliari? Or does he want to look in the mirror and accept that his performances have not been good enough.

It is perfectly right for a player to feel the heat after years of shit performances and an apparently well-known lazy attitude to training.

Last edited:

Beautiful exchange between them.

At one point the journalist mentioned "the only day he saw his father crying" - when Chelsea lost to Barcelona in the CL with a goal from Iniesta at the very end. Jose skipped the question because he didn´t want to correct him - in reality, he was not Chelsea´s manager then.

Again, really nice gesture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom