Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Gio came on and he moved to DM I thought, fuck here we go Tanguy’s defensive frailties will come out and Jose will have an excuse to fuck him off back to the bench.

The opposite happened he took it in his stride, tracking runners, making tackles, barging men off the ball. Even winning fucking aerial duels. It fucking astonished me and I loved it. . .

Then I realised that this will give Jose an excuse to play him as the deepest midfielder while Hojberg gets moved up to the 10 position so that we can “press from the front”.

:avbshit:

In all honesty - Ndombele is probably the only player in our midfield who can take the ball from our defenders, under pressure, beat the press and progress the ball forwards. Even more suited to it than Lo Celso.

When Gio came on and he moved to DM I thought, fuck here we go Tanguy’s defensive frailties will come out and Jose will have an excuse to fuck him off back to the bench.

The opposite happened he took it in his stride, tracking runners, making tackles, barging men off the ball. Even winning fucking aerial duels. It fucking astonished me and I loved it. . .

Then I realised that this will give Jose an excuse to play him as the deepest midfielder while Hojberg gets moved up to the 10 position so that we can “press from the front”.

:avbshit:
It felt like he and Lo Celso kept swapping positions based on the pattern of play, so we were in better position both going forward and in defense regardless of who was where.

In all honesty - Ndombele is probably the only player in our midfield who can take the ball from our defenders, under pressure, beat the press and progress the ball forwards. Even more suited to it than Lo Celso.
I don’t mind it if it’s a true pivot, so Tanguy comes to collect the ball from the centre backs. At which point he is the deepest midfielder, but as soon as the ball is progressed I want Hojberg back there covering that space and Tanguy to engage in the play.

The hoofball tactics don’t help this anyway I suppose.

I don’t mind it if it’s a true pivot, so Tanguy comes to collect the ball from the centre backs. At which point he is the deepest midfielder, but as soon as the ball is progressed I want Hojberg back there covering that space and Tanguy to engage in the play.

Agreed - that's the only way I'd accept that too.

But you're right - we'll just prefer to knock it long and win second balls if possible.

I agree, Ndombele can link up with the defenders but he needs to be involved up front too.

We are asking a lot from him but he’s just so darn talented.

Man, if this guy can start performing like tonight, improving, getting fitter, etc, it'll literally be like signing a new player along with Bale et al. as last year was a write-off. Genuinely excited

With a 4-3-3, the loss of Eriksen as our chance creator is mitigated if we can find a way to work Ndombele and Lo Celso together. The thing is, if Sissoko/Winks/Hojbjerg are included instead, we are really counting on our front players to produce some magic. I think Jose is slowly warming to the Hojbjerg/Ndombele/Gio midfield.

Now that we have a real threat from the left side in Reguilon, I believe we are set up to be extremely potent offensively. All Jose has to do is force the errors out of our defenders and turn us more into a unit. The biggest thing I took away from the AoN documentary was Harry saying that every player is just worrying about themselves and it isn't cohesive. I am glad it seems we are addressing that.

One touch defensive flick straight to Dele to start a counter at 0:35.

I don't see anything in this to get the pulses raising, especially considering how much he cost BUT he wants the ball.

I'm not going to praise a £55 million player for that but it's a big step forward for him.

And the fact that someone has taken the time to put those not particularly overwhelming clips together shows how badly the fans want him to succeed.

Oh, if you only knew my friend. Have you eaten a whole pizza while doing a 5-minute plank? Only a select few have and my plaque is on the wall.

I can't say I have as I only did my first five minute plank yesterday.

But it's something to aim for although, technically, you'd have to be fed the pizza during the plank.

You can't eat unaided while doing a plank.

:avbshock:

I can't say I have as I only did my first five minute plank yesterday.

But it's something to aim for although, technically, you'd have to be fed the pizza during the plank.

You can't eat unaided while doing a plank.

:avbshock:

Ha...yee of little faith and honestly, ability. Place that round pie on the floor, plank, and bob that head down to pick up a slice. Same motion as a blow job. Easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom