Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is why we played such dull defensive football at times, the defence needs serious protection. The attack should never need to score 4 goals to win. Rodon and Tanganga could possibly end up being the first choice centrebacks by the end of the season as the others don't fill me with any confidence. An out of prime Toby is a good squad option, but right now he looks like the only one who won't make huge glaring mistakes every single game. He should be a 3rd choice, not the best of a bad bunch. Get Rodon in the team, I've never seen him play but at least he's meant to be strong in the air.

It won't until we learn how to stay calm and clinical.

3 nil should be all you need but your strength is the fear you create in the opposition.

West Ham never seemed to lack belief in my opinion.
I thought they were good even in the first half tbh. We were extremely clinical but they didn't play bad at all.

Declan Rice basically admitted in his post match interview they were trying to shut up shop after 3-0 and didn't get why we didn't go for the kill.

I don't normally play the blame game, but today I'm going to make an exception.

We go 3 up and are cruising, then from 30 mins on Spam start coming into the game. Kane having to make a sliding block in our own penalty area to prevent a goal.
Blame - WINKS

From the start of the second half Spam are getting stronger and stronger. We just didn't compete.
Blame - WINKS

Jose subs off Ndombele and Bergwijn
Blame - WNKS

Jose brings on Bale and Winks
Blame - WINKS

Their 1st goal, Sissoko gives away a stupid free kick and then fails to jump for the cross, they score.
Blame - WINKS

2nd goal, Lucas fails to track their runner, Reggie doesn't stop the cross, Sanchez heads it into the corner.
Blame - WINKS

3rd goal, Serge gives away a (non) free kick, Kane makes a poor defensive header, Winks doesn't clear it. They score a worldie.
Blame - WINKS

On to the subs.

Bale apart from nearly scoring does nothing in either attack or defence.
Blame - WINKS

Moura does even less than Bale.
Blame - WINKS

Winks.............Ah fuck it, just blame him anyway.
Blame - WINKS

Back
Top Bottom