Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nowhere near as annoyed at this as I was with the Newcastle result. That was daylight robbery, whereas this... this was just old school Spurs.

This is the Spammers final - just like last season, just like coasting in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago - they're never just going to give up against us.

Yes mate 100%. Know your audience.

We were 3 up but not 3 nil dominant.

West Ham plugged away, left gaps and if we had been clinical could and should have won the game becausec of the quality of front players.

The whole team needs to recognise their part but the loss is a result of believing the hype and not understanding the need to crush spirit.

We will bounce back no problem bevause our squad l is huge and our desire is strong.

No good time for such a result but this is better now than in later games.

Last edited:
No we had the discussion because I was telling everyone the defence was the main priority whereas you well within the herd saying that a back up striker was. That’s is all we heard all summer on here and all of the other Spurs boards. If you believe that it was the same for a centre back then you are a bigger liar than I first thought. News flash a back up striker wasn’t a major priority - not when we signed Bale. A top level CB was, you could see that from last season, you can see that from our starting options. All I have heard is how this has been an unbelievable window so why pretend there was a great clamour for a CB or that this was in the same level as a back striker? Vinicius was a major priority for you - good for you, you can take great comfort in him starting against the likes of Antwerp and Stoke. A club cannot address all of it issues in one window, it doesn’t have the financial or time resources available. Again it didn’t need a striker after Bale, it needed a top level CB From the start and didn’t get that.

We did not hear about a back-up striker any more than we did any other of our needs. I would say that Skriniar was as big of a talking point this summer outside of Bale (for obvious reasons).

The CB need was identified and talked about all off season long. I have talked about it since my time on here. talked about it after the transfer window. The only reason you don't see it is because you want to create a BS narrative that the back-up striker was more important than a CB. It is why you are the only poster on here that is pushing that narrative.

Getting Vinicius on a 3m loan did nothing to impact the CB market for us. trying to pretend that deal means we can't address all our issues is laughable.

Next few games will show the metal of this team will they look at this and think that's not good enough or will we melt and crumble again?

This period will define our season
I think we can bounce back well - barring injuries we've been good at that. The crippling disappointment from the end of the Newcastle game was followed by the cup win against Chelsea, putting 7 past Maccabi, and then the 6-1 at Old Trafford.

We have a gentle Thursday game to cleanse our palettes now. I want Bale to start that one, he needs to get minutes under his belt.

Wtf were those subs. This one falls on Mourhino imo (and boneheaded mistakes by Sanchez and Winks).
Falls on Mourinho??? How exactly? The players are utter bottlejobs , it falls solely on them. Sissoko losing his man, Sanchez putting it in his own net and Winks not clearing the ball when he has the chance. Bottle job FC

I hope there were some loud voices in the changing room after that, they need to be furious with themselves and use it as fuel for the rest of the season. This may have come at the right time.

Full credit to Davie Moyes.

Started off trying to defend against us, 3-0 down after 16 minutes.

Realised his way into the game was rather than defend against our left side, he needed to attack it. Took Reguilon out of the game and exposed him which simply drove us backwards.

Hopefully Jose has taken this into account and will fix this, because if not, we are going to offer every team in the league a big chink in our armour.
In fact we are unable to defend. If a team attack agains us we will concede no doubt. Just needs to keep on attacking as our attacks is better and end the games like the Atalanta ones. Oh, and no play Winks will help.

Absolutely shocking lack of character from the squad to not close this out. Unbelievable. Still, at least I can console myself by splashing out with my £10 STH voucher.

:mourcheeks:

Does the Spurs shop sell 'Mou Out' t-shirts yet?

Back
Top Bottom