Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is mate does Jose plan on giving him enough opportunities to 'react' anymore ?. That last interview when he clearly indicated the problems lay with Dele and there was little more he could do to motivate the lad really brought it home just how serious this situation is.
True.
I don't know how Jose would manage this. Does he advising Dele, keep on telling him to work harder etc. Or does he just let Dele get on with it, having told him once.

Use him in Europa. If he merits inclusion in league give him a chance. If we lose one of Ndombele/GLC to injury he'll be useful to have around. If he's not providing worth by January get him a decent loan where he'll start. Hope that good performance levels boosts his value and sell in the Summer.

He can’t go before January. He will get little cameo roles in the Europa league, let’s wait and see if he can put in some MOTM performances to force his way into the first team
Problem is the pressure that's on his shoulders now. If he comes on as a sub then it's difficult to suitably impress over perhaps 20-30 minutes. He should definitely start a match in Europa with a view to playing the full 90 minutes. He'll know how he's doing then if he sees his number come up for subbing in the second half.
Personally I think Jose has made his mind up and it would take a miracle effort by Dele now to convince Mourinho to keep him. I reckon he'll be gone come January window.

There's almost always one player at every club Jose joins that he makes an example of, usually with good reason.

It may have been Ndombele but they've sorted that out.

Alli has not done himself any favours with his social media lifestyle and poor form hence it looks to be him.

Can't see a future for him here tbh.

It’s a shame, I like Dele, when he has fire in his belly a good player. Issue is that he has weaknesses in his game, he isn’t quick, isn’t strong, he is slow on the ball a lot but he comes alive in the final third with goals and assists because of his natural creativity.

He is a lot like Bruno Fernandes or Pogba in what he is good and bad at but in a Mourinho system I am not sure he has a role given his skill set and that is him at his best not now he seems to be in the doldrums.

Even at 20-30m if it is to a foreign club I would take it and get a CB or number 6.

There's almost always one player at every club Jose joins that he makes an example of, usually with good reason.

It may have been Ndombele but they've sorted that out.

Alli has not done himself any favours with his social media lifestyle and poor form hence it looks to be him.

Can't see a future for him here tbh.
Totally agree, I think with Ndombele Jose saw a soul worth saving. The lad knuckled down, addressed his weight problem, improved at training and did nothing negative media wise on the subject of his treatment. He is now being rewarded for that and rightly so.
Dele however does not appear to be of the same mindset and unfortunately I think his days at the club are numbered. His tricks and flicks don't impress, Jose wants reliable, consistent and motivated. He must fucking love Hojbjerg, the guy was a steal and is becoming a legend in just one season.

We'll regret getting rid imo, he's still only young and has a lot of talent.

Of course he needs to fight for a place in the team but I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

If he actively wants out though then that's a different matter entirely. Team spirit seems really good at present and we can't allow anything to derail that.

Last edited:
Totally agree, I think with Ndombele Jose saw a soul worth saving. The lad knuckled down, addressed his weight problem, improved at training and did nothing negative media wise on the subject of his treatment. He is now being rewarded for that and rightly so.
Dele however does not appear to be of the same mindset and unfortunately I think his days at the club are numbered. His tricks and flicks don't impress, Jose wants reliable, consistent and motivated. He must fucking love Hojbjerg, the guy was a steal and is becoming a legend in just one season.

Thing is with Ndombele, the guy has such incredible ability even at 70-80% he is better than anyone else in CM. Dele needs to be at 100% to be effective.

It’s a shame, I like Dele, when he has fire in his belly a good player. Issue is that he has weaknesses in his game, he isn’t quick, isn’t strong, he is slow on the ball a lot but he comes alive in the final third with goals and assists because of his natural creativity.

He is a lot like Bruno Fernandes or Pogba in what he is good and bad at but in a Mourinho system I am not sure he has a role given his skill set and that is him at his best not now he seems to be in the doldrums.

Even at 20-30m if it is to a foreign club I would take it and get a CB or number 6.
Don't think we can consider Alli has such natural creativity by the standard of playing as an attacking midfielder.

Harder to say now and Alli will increasingly be marginalised if he does not find a way to be relevant.

He can be a 3rd in a front 3 at a push but would be more in the Kane mould and previously you would have thought in a midfield 3. Not sure now.

I support THFC, always like Alli and thought he was destined to be a Spurs great.

He can't sit around so if he can't force his way back at least on the bench every game and starting a few, then the decision will be made for him.

Last edited:
Don't think we can consider Alli has such natural creativity by the standard of playing as an attacking midfielder.

its more final ball, his ability to sneak a header into the net or flick a pass to Son is pretty creative, but it’s not Lo Celso or Ndombele running the game type creativity and Dele I feel needs a system that allows a player a lot of freedom which I am not sure we do so he can play between the lines and doesn’t need to be to involved in build up play.

Only Mou and the technical staff can answer this question. We can only make conjectures.

On the basis of pure conjectures, I want him to stay and prove himself, otherwise of course at some point we will sell him

FFS this place is becoming more transfer obsessed than fucking SC. Cringey.

Let's win the fucking league, not bitch about transfers!
This thread was started Sep 20th during the last window activity. Already then people were sensing Dele may not be part of Mourinho's plans unless he upped his game. The window shut and the lad remained at the club. His appearances though have virtually dwindled to nothing. The thread was bumped to see if members had changed their views about the player and whether or not they thought he still had a future with us.
Hardly a subject deserved of your rather OTT remark :
"FFS this place is becoming more transfer obsessed than fucking SC"

Mourinho told BBC Sport: "In the last minute he was pressing and sliding tackles, trying to stop attacks. When you want to win, you do everything for the team. There is no space for individuals or no space for prima donnas. Harry has this spirit and he is fantastic.

Dare I ask if he's talking about a certain someone we all know about?

Back
Top Bottom