Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing devil's advocate here....

If his mask shtick is intended to be interpreted as a political/racial statement then according to football protocol shouldn't he be chastised?

I mean, you can't have it both ways....

Either its a lame, childish act thats fair game for ridicule or it's an unsolicited premeditated political gesture(*)...... ?????

(*Wasn't Anelka banned for similar?)

Last edited:
Just having a look at the Kroos vs Aubamayang Twitter spat.

Kroos isn't impressed with Aubamayang's mask celebration.

Twitter - Kroos is a racist. We always get there in the end.
Kroos is exhibiting “old man yells at cloud” behaviour, and he really should’ve kept Aubameyang’s name out of his mouth - who made him lord and most high of judging what is acceptable celebrations on a football pitch?

A simple “other players like extravagant celebrations, but it’s not my style” would’ve sufficed, but to cast negative aspersions on Aubameyang’s character, calling him a poor role model, definitely crossed a line, and quite frankly we are tired.

It’s the same shit that gets said about Dele (who I’ve criticised) and N’Dombele (who I’ve defended) on here. Unless you have concrete evidence of unprofessionalism - STICK TO FOOTBALL. It’s just that simple.

Kroos is exhibiting “old man yells at cloud” behaviour, and he really should’ve kept Aubameyang’s name out of his mouth - who made him lord and most high of judging what is acceptable celebrations on a football pitch?

A simple “other players like extravagant celebrations, but it’s not my style” would’ve sufficed, but to cast negative aspersions on Aubameyang’s character, calling him a poor role model, definitely crossed a line, and quite frankly we are tired.

It’s the same shit that gets said about Dele (who I’ve criticised) and N’Dombele (who I’ve defended) on here. Unless you have concrete evidence of unprofessionalism - STICK TO FOOTBALL. It’s just that simple.

Kroos is younger than Aubameyang

Playing devil's advocate here....

If his mask shtick is intended to be interpreted as a political/racial statement then according to football protocol shouldn't he be chastised?

I mean, you can't have it both ways....

Either its a lame, childish act thats fair game for ridicule or it's an unsolicited premeditated political gesture(*)...... ?????

(*Wasn't Anelka banned for similar?)
Was the batman and Robin mask celebration he did with Reus (funny how Kroos never mentioned him) at Dortmund political too?

What makes Black Panther political but not Batman?

When the film came out it was a common celebration - Son and Aurier did it more than once.

I loved how pissed off opposition fans would get when we were slapping up teams in the last days of the Lane, and all they could complain about was the various handshake routines we had going.

Jiminez has pulled out the Luchardor mask more than once too - Watford were stupid for complaining then as well btw.

My overall point is people need to stop policing harmless fun. That’s all it is. If it’s not your thing, it’s not your thing.

Was the batman and Robin mask celebration he did with Reus (funny how Kroos never mentioned him) at Dortmund political too?

When the film came out it was a common celebration - Son and Aurier did it more than once.

I loved how pissed off opposition fans would get when we were slapping up teams in the last days of the Lane, and all they could complain about was the various handshake routines we had going.

Jiminez has pulled out the Luchardor mask more than once too - Watford were stupid for complaining then as well btw.

My overall point is people need to stop policing harmless fun. That’s all it is. If it’s not your thing, it’s not your thing.

My post was about the Twiter reaction. Deciding Kroos was a racist and white supremacist because he criticised Aubamayang. Personally i couldn't give a fuck about what he said about Aubamayang or his pathetic celebration.

Not aware of it....

I've not said it was or it wasn't political.... That aspect of my post comes from the idea that Kroos is in some quarters accused of being racist for calling it out.... Black Panther has been embraced as 'positive black iconography' has it not....? Perhaps I'm mistaken in the potential connection between the two factors.

Maybe I'm just giving overdue credit to any race-card that was being played by PEA's defenders.

What was? I didn't see either wearing a mask they'd gone to the trouble of hiding away pitch-side before the match....

I simply think it's contrived guff that is in fitting with the Goon mobs preoccupation with selfy-ism and superficial things.

Isn't a club making a complaint a bit different to fans taking the piss and even a player having a dig on twitter?

Was Kroos "policing"?

Perhaps they have prior beef and he's accusing him of being less than professional? I couldn't say.....

Do you think Kroos is being racist? If so, how.....

My post was about the Twiter reaction. Deciding Kroos was a racist and white supremacist because he criticised Aubamayang. Personally i couldn't give a fuck about what he said about Aubamayang or his pathetic celebration.
Well he has previous when it comes to smelly behaviour, it was his 2nd strike after the way he basically led German football tuning their backs on Ozil after WC 2018.

Funny how Ozil got all the blame for that disaster when a major problem Germany had was that their midfield was a sieve because of Kroos not being able to cover ground like he was able to in the past.

Well he has previous when it comes to smelly behaviour, it was his 2nd strike after the way he basically led German football tuning their backs on Ozil after WC 2018.

Funny how Ozil got all the blame for that disaster when a major problem Germany had was that their midfield was a sieve because of Kroos not being able to cover ground like he was able to in the past.

Well i suppose if social media have determined he is a racist & a nazi i will concede. It must be true.

Not aware of it....

I've not said it was or it wasn't political.... That aspect of my post comes from the idea that Kroos is in some quarters accused of being racist for calling it out.... Black Panther has been embraced as 'positive black iconography' has it not....? Perhaps I'm mistaken in the potential connection between the two factors.

Maybe I'm just giving overdue credit to any race-card that was being played by PEA's defenders.

What was? I didn't see either wearing a mask they'd gone to the trouble of hiding away pitch-side before the match....

I simply think it's contrived guff that is in fitting with the Goon mobs preoccupation with selfy-ism and superficial things.

Isn't a club making a complaint a bit different to fans taking the piss and even a player having a dig on twitter?

Was Kroos "policing"?

Perhaps they have prior beef and he's accusing him of being less than professional? I couldn't say.....

Do you think Kroos is being racist? If so, how.....
Aubameyang pointed out that he’s done it with Reus

Yes the film has been embraced for that but at the end of the day it’s still a fictional superhero movie. It’s not that deep.

The Wakanda forever salute celebration. I can remember Son and Aurier doing it at least twice. Aubameyang took it a step further with the mask, but he’s now explained he did it for his Son Who I assume is a fan of the character... tie that in with Kroos saying he’s a bad role model and it’s obvious why he’s pissed at Kroos.

Don’t slander my name if we’ve had zero interaction. Don’t question my parenting ability. It’s the same for me.

I’m not aware of Woolwich making a complaint, but I’d compare it to how protective the whole of Spurs fandom get of Harry Kane. The personal slander players get to me is ridiculous. Again, stick to football.

He was definitely policing. Calling someone a bad role model is policing behaviour.

I don’t know if he’s racist but casting negative aspersions on somebody’s character that you don’t know is shitty, and in general society it seems to happen way more easily with one group of people than others (see my prior points about Dele and Tanguy, compared to say Winks).

People will obviously question his motives because such personal comments seem so unprovoked.

Aubameyang pointed out that he’s done it with Reus

Yes the film has been embraced for that but at the end of the day it’s still a fictional superhero movie. It’s not that deep.

Perhaps it didn't....

Question remains; where does any accusation of racism come into play then?

The Wakanda forever salute celebration. I can remember Son and Aurier doing it at least twice. Aubameyang took it a step further with the mask, but he’s now explained he did it for his Son Who I assume is a fan of the character... tie that in with Kroos saying he’s a bad role model and it’s obvious why he’s pissed at Kroos.

Just silly boys beefing on Twitter then?

Don’t slander my name if we’ve had zero interaction. Don’t question my parenting ability. It’s the same for me.

You lost mere here....

I’m not aware of Woolwich making a complaint,

You said Watford complained.... Otherwise not sure where this goes either tbh.

but I’d compare it to how protective the whole of Spurs fandom get of Harry Kane. The personal slander players get to me is ridiculous. Again, stick to football.

Fans rib players... Nothing new. I only find this all notable for the accusations of racism.

He was definitely policing. Calling someone a bad role model is policing behaviour.

I don’t know if he’s racist but casting negative aspersions on somebody’s character that you don’t know is shitty, and in general society it seems to happen way more easily with one group of people than others (see my prior points about Dele and Tanguy, compared to say Winks).

People will obviously question his motives because such personal comments seem so unprovoked.

Why in your estimation would his motive be construed as racist though? (Genuine question - You obviously have read more of the spat than I have....)

Perhaps it didn't....

Question remains; where does any accusation of racism come into play then?

Just silly boys beefing on Twitter then?

You lost mere here....

You said Watford complained.... Otherwise not sure where this goes either tbh.

Fans rib players... Nothing new. I only find this all notable for the accusations of racism.

Why in your estimation would his motive be construed as racist though? (Genuine question - You obviously have read more of the spat than I have....)
Well if you do something to please your child, and your child is happy, and someone comes along and announces you are a bad role model for doing so. Wouldn’t you be upset?

I meant Watford players at Jiminez ( I think it’s when Watford turned around the semi final last year) apparently Jimenez mask celebration “motivated” them , whatever that means. I thought the occasion should be motivation enough!

Like I said I just think Kroos is very old school, but for goodness sake it’s been 38 years since Roger Mills danced at the corner flag!

I think the racism accusation is A bit too far myself but Kroos does look funny in the light . Publicly turning his back on Ozil after 2018, Slandering Aubameyang for nothing really. The only thing that saves him is that he criticised Griezmann too, but again the principle remains the same. Kroos should do his no frills stuff (nobody complains about how boring he may be), and leave the more extravagant guys in peace.

Well if you do something to please your child, and your child is happy, and someone comes along and announces you are a bad role model for doing so. Wouldn’t you be upset?

I've not questioned PEAs right to fire back.

I think the racism accusation is A bit too far myself but Kroos does look funny in the light . Publicly turning his back on Ozil after 2018, Slandering Aubameyang for nothing really. The only thing that saves him is that he criticised Griezmann too, but again the principle remains the same. Kroos should do his no frills stuff (nobody complains about how boring he may be), and leave the more extravagant guys in peace.

It's this notion of "funny" that you're insisting upon that I find curious this far down the line....

So without having a dig at Griezmann, you'd be suitably convinced that he is racist?

Why?

I've not questioned PEAs right to fire back.

It's this notion of "funny" that you're insisting upon that I find curious this far down the line....

So without having a dig at Griezmann, you'd be suitably convinced that he is racist?

Why?
"Funny" also means "dodgy".

Do I think Kroos is racist? No. Do I think he's very old-school? without a doubt. Hence why he dismissed Ozil's legit complaints about the DFB leaders in 2018 (Ozil came out in support of Aubameyang btw, very telling).

A new generation of people who bring a different vibe & culture will take these criticisms personally, which is why he should have been more careful with his choice of words. That he's an Aryan german with their history just made it low hanging fruit for some.

To bring it closer to home; When our club promoted their first set of Nike kits in summer '17, they had AJ Tracey and Devlin doing grime sets. AJ Tracey released the false 9 single. A significant amount of our more old school fans started going on about "why couldn't the club use Chas and Dave?!"

How do you think a lot of our more younger, more ethnically diverse fans took those complaints? A lot of us respect Chas and Dave and their contributions to Spurs history, why is it so hard to accept younger people who want to do things a bit differently, something more in line with modern day Spurs?

Back
Top Bottom