January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah. Way too much workrate to be a tiny dancer.

Think David Silva but with a slightly better end product.

Either this an inside joke or we see the world through different lenses.

Sabitzer is nowhere near as creative as one of the greatest AMs of the past 20 years.

Sabitzer is more like an Ilkay Gundogan for me.

Which is a player I would happily take to provide cover and competition.

Edit: just looked at Sabitzer's goal involvement. I have watched a good deal or RBL over the past two years and must have missed his more productive outings as last year he had 9 goals and 7 assists.

Last edited:
Not a chance. A club desperate to get a centre half on board and they think “hey, here’s an idea, we’ll give Levy a shout”.

But maybe we could completely pull their pants down here.
If we can get our money back do it.
#bitetherehandoff

Nah. Way too much workrate to be a tiny dancer.

Think David Silva but with a slightly better end product.
Surely you're taking the piss here, D.Silva is arguably the best AM in the world over the last 10 years.

Sabitzer is utility player with excellent workrate like Sissoko, but has superior technical quality and tactical awareness

Last edited:
Why would we want to do Liverpool a favour and give them a PL experienced Centre back?
Because he is an average defender. He has nothing more than being athletic. It's tough to learn the basics in a defender.
So if you can get 40m for your 3/4th defender this would be a great boost to invest in a real defended like skriniar.

Because he is an average defender. He has nothing more than being athletic. It's tough to learn the basics in a defender.
So if you can get 40m for your 3/4th defender this would be a great boost to invest in a real defended like skriniar.
But you have to ask yourself why would the reigning PL champions be after such a poor defender and pay good money for him? I don’t think he is as poor as everyone makes out

But you have to ask yourself why would the reigning PL champions be after such a poor defender and pay good money for him? I don’t think he is as poor as everyone makes out

I concur...

This is the second link in recent times (the other being Everton)... Perhaps they transpire to be bullshit, but if one is convinced enough to proclaim "take the money" then they are presumably prepared to take the link itself seriously.

Why would we want to do Liverpool a favour and give them a PL experienced Centre back?

If we can get a fee from them that allows us to buy Skriniar, we should absolutely do it. Sanchez is our current 4th choice centre back. Never turn down big money for your reserve players.

Selling our fringe players to fund new signings is how we managed to build our squad in the last 10 years. Let's not forget we got almost £20m for Wimmer! If some fool club wants to spend big on Davinson, let them. I can only assume they didn't watch the West Ham game.

To be clear, I don't think Davinson is shit. I think with consistent playing time he could still end up being very good. But he clearly isn't going to get that here this season.

If we can get a fee from them that allows us to buy Skriniar, we should absolutely do it. Sanchez is our current 4th choice centre back. Never turn down big money for your reserve players.

Selling our fringe players to fund new signings is how we managed to build our squad in the last 10 years. Let's not forget we got almost £20m for Wimmer! If some fool club wants to spend big on Davinson, let them. I can only assume they didn't watch the West Ham game.

To be clear, I don't think Davinson is shit. I think with consistent playing time he could still end up being very good. But he clearly isn't going to get that here this season.
Problem is Skriniar doesn't look so good too.

Sanchez simply doesnt fit in the squad tactically and mentally. He might be good if he joiend Liverpool or any other club which press high.
However, when you defend with low blocks i think that he lacks of positioning and man-marking.

Also, I disagree that Klopp does only sucessfull transfers. If you see the players he purchased, you clearly see that "low cost transfers" that he did were not successful at all! Only high-bid transfers did well.

Agreed. There’s a reason he doesn’t start week in, week out for Inter. Watched him a couple of times recently and he looks no better than Dier.
With the caveat that he really was very good 2 years ago, I agree that he's not looked close to a £50m player in the 4/5 games I've seen him play this year.

Sanchez simply doesnt fit in the squad tactically and mentally. He might be good if he joiend Liverpool or any other club which press high.
However, when you defend with low blocks i think that he lacks of positioning and man-marking.

Also, I disagree that Klopp does only sucessfull transfers. If you see the players he purchased, you clearly see that "low cost transfers" that he did were not successful at all! Only high-bid transfers did well.

I can only assume that's a reaction to what I posted....

I didn't say Liverpool recruitment team (and it is an actual team, not just Klopp) had a 100% success rate, just that the perception ( esp. when it's at the expense of our own efforts) is that they currently can do no wrong.

As for only the "high bid"trfs doing well; well the alleged price is 60m so that's pretty big.

Back
Top Bottom