Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100%
Dele has been shit for a while now. We just have a manager prepared to cast him out. We can all have different views on whether Mourinho is doing it the “right way” but it is the right decision. He’s played on reputation for a while now.
I think all (or most) of us have hankered for Dele to lift his game back to where it was 3 years ago. But aside from some very few and far performances he’s ultimately failed to perform and was disappointing & frustrating us long before Mourinho arrived. We’d all love to hear a justified “We’ve got Ali” chant reverberating around the new stadium but ironically he’s become the new Ozil! Time to ship him on whilst someone might still be willing to pay us some decent money. It might hurt a bit if he returns to old Ali form playing for somebody else but it’s been almost 3 years so I think it’s best to get rid and reinvest.

I think all (or most) of us have hankered for Dele to lift his game back to where it was 3 years ago. But aside from some very few and far performances he’s ultimately failed to perform and was disappointing & frustrating us long before Mourinho arrived. We’d all love to hear a justified “We’ve got Ali” chant reverberating around the new stadium but ironically he’s become the new Ozil! Time to ship him on whilst someone might still be willing to pay us some decent money. It might hurt a bit if he returns to old Ali form playing for somebody else but it’s been almost 3 years so I think it’s best to get rid and reinvest.
Agree.

Poch still rates him highly. Might get 60 mils from him, which I think is decent on current market.

Dele killed 3 of our promising counters against Stoke and he failed to score an easy 1 on 1 chance as well. And then he threw a tantrum when he was substituted. Mind you, he is not a star player of the team anymore, he is someone who is struggling to be even on the bench and that kind of reaction is never going to be taken lightly by Jose.

Watch the clip, Dele killed 3 counters with his flicks and delay in decision making. At 1 minute, had he controlled a simple pass to him, it could have been a 3 v 4 situation in favor of us. Then at 1.51 minutes, he lost the ball in our own half with his flick and killed the counter. He really should have made a simple and obvious pass to Lucas who was in acres of space and it would be 3v3 situation. Instead, Stoke scored in the next minute.

And then at 2.25 minutes, he again killed a great counter with his delay in decision making/his lack of vision. I was very furious on this occasion even when i saw this on real time.

Yes, he played ok against Stoke, but his performance also showed why Jose is not happy with him.

Dele killed 3 of our promising counters against Stoke and he failed to score an easy 1 on 1 chance as well. And then he threw a tantrum when he was substituted. Mind you, he is not a star player of the team anymore, he is someone who is struggling to be even on the bench and that kind of reaction is never going to be taken lightly by Jose.

Watch the clip, Dele killed 3 counters with his flicks and delay in decision making. At 1 minute, had he controlled a simple pass to him, it could have been a 3 v 4 situation in favor of us. Then at 1.51 minutes, he lost the ball in our own half with his flick and killed the counter. He really should have made a simple and obvious pass to Lucas who was in acres of space and it would be 3v3 situation. Instead, Stoke scored in the next minute.

And then at 2.25 minutes, he again killed a great counter with his delay in decision making/his lack of vision. I was very furious on this occasion even when i saw this on real time.

Yes, he played ok against Stoke, but his performance also showed why Jose is not happy with him.

Selling him to PSG would be a dream coming true!

Ndombele has lost the ball in midfield more than any of our players but can do no wrong?

Dele played well I hope he stays. ps nice shirt I got one for Xmas!

Disagree there. He had to delay. Both Kane and Lucas were marked.

I was fuming at Lucas when I saw that in real time. His run is woeful. He narrowed the angle by running towards the goal. If he pulled a bit wider Dele could have given him the ball.

Back
Top Bottom