Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lo Celso was also injured many of the times when Ndombele was taken off. I actually can't remember the last time Ndombele completed a full 90 mins. Can you?

How many 90 minutes has even completed for Spurs in total?

Does Mourinho strike you as the kind of manager that makes changes when he doesn't need to? Why does he almost never take off Kane, PEH or Son?

Are you really suggesting Ndombele is unique in the amount of work he gets through in a game? PEH has played every single PL minute this season, Kane has often been our box to box midfielder and never got a moment's rest, and it's not like we don't have a young backup striker in need of minutes.

You're honestly sounding like a conspiracy nut. There's no deep 4d chess going on here, the explanation is simple. Ndombele arrived here unfit, remained unfit his entire first season. He's finally living up to the hype, but for only about one half per game, and for 65m + 200k a week it's just not enough. We need him to not become a liability in the final 20/30 mins of games.
Star Wars Dummy GIF by MOODMAN

Seriously why are people engaging with thus one. Clearly has an agenda and a fixed narrative despite all evidence to the contrary. Probably misses the fat jokes...
Why would I possibly WANT him to be shit? We spent so much money on him, and we are so dependent on him, I want nothing more than for him to be absolutely world class.

If he could keep up what he does for 20-30 mins for closer to 70 mins or rather keep it neat and tidy in the final 20 mins when he runs out of gas, that would be perfect.

It's one thing to be a bit shit like Winks or Sissoko, but it's extremely frustrating when a top athlete can't meet the basic fitness standard of his sport.

Every match , he is playing more . He will continue to improve his cardio and it will be perfect.
If only Dele or Moura could be reliable ...

He will continue to improve his cardio
I hope so, cos once he goes off our midfield control drops off a cliff. Lo Celso should have been the one to plug the hole but that hasn't really worked out either.

A lot of our second half calamities have to do with the mess of a midfield. Only PEH is doing his part week in week out for 90% of the game.

I hope so, cos once he goes off our midfield control drops off a cliff. Lo Celso should have been the one to plug the hole but that hasn't really worked out either.

A lot of our second half calamities have to do with the mess of a midfield. Only PEH is doing his part week in week out for 90% of the game.
The 11 regular is tired ... José like using just 15/18 players during a season but when the sub are shitty or not motivated :( . José must regret skipp xD

The 11 regular is tired ... José like using just 15/18 players during a season but when the sub are shitty or not motivated :( . José must regret skipp xD
True, but the thing is, Son, Kane, and PEH get tired but they can still be counted on to play 90 mins. Ndombele has had his chance to get fit, acclimate to the UK culture etc. It's about time he starts doing the same.

Modric had a hand in 44 goals to be fair. Which was alot than most remember.

But Modric also took pretty much every set piece.

But likely to beat anything Dembele conjured up.

Right now, Ndombele is playing as an attacking midfielder; so it stands to rights that he will get some goals or assists. The main question - is he the best number 10 we could get? Will his output match that of Eriksen?

As a box to box (like Modric and Dembele) he has shown that he cannot be trusted as his passing and dribbling style is likely to cause us to lose possession in dangerous areas.

Right now, Ndombele is playing as an attacking midfielder; so it stands to rights that he will get some goals or assists. The main question - is he the best number 10 we could get? Will his output match that of Eriksen?

As a box to box (like Modric and Dembele) he has shown that he cannot be trusted as his passing and dribbling style is likely to cause us to lose possession in dangerous areas.

Based on what?

Based on what?

Based on his performances.

When we signed him; everyone on this forum insisted he wasn't a Dembele replacement.; and it seems they were right.

His successful passing stats (75%) are way to low to be 'trusted' in our defensive 3rd with the ball. Dembele averaged over >92%.

I guess the one thing they do have in common - they both can only manage 70 minutes per game!!

Ndombele looked great vs Leeds and was the best player on the pitch for much of the game. However, I am not sure he is the 'creator' we need for Kane and Son - and the assist stats back that up.

He dribbles out of tight spaces better than anyone.

Based on his performances.

When we signed him; everyone on this forum insisted he wasn't a Dembele replacement.; and it seems they were right.

His successful passing stats (75%) are way to low to be 'trusted' in our defensive 3rd with the ball. Dembele averaged over >92%.

I guess the one thing they do have in common - they both can only manage 70 minutes per game!!

Ndombele looked great vs Leeds and was the best player on the pitch for much of the game. However, I am not sure he is the 'creator' we need for Kane and Son - and the assist stats back that up.

But he hasn't played as a number 2 alongside Hojbjerg so your base is flawed.

When we signed him, the small amount of us who had actually seen him saw him as someone who benefits from playing in a 3 man midfield, can receive the ball with his back to the opposition turn, beat a press and drive the team forward.

His low percentage passing rate is probably as low as it is due to him being a #10 and him trying dangerous passes instead of keeping it safe.

Dembele averaged over 90% because he was a 6 ft 1 version of Harry Winks in possession. Take that away from Ndombele and you have a safe midfielder who loses his entertainment. If you want that, we have Sissoko.

Problem with Ndombele is, he has a manager who doesn't use him correctly and a style of play that tends to limit his time on the ball due to either playing long ball or using him as a number ten, which I think we all know isn't his best position.

When we signed him, the small amount of us who had actually seen him saw him as someone who benefits from playing in a 3 man midfield, can receive the ball with his back to the opposition turn, beat a press and drive the team forward.

His low percentage passing rate is probably as low as it is due to him being a #10 and him trying dangerous passes instead of keeping it safe.

Dembele averaged over 90% because he was a 6 ft 1 version of Harry Winks in possession. Take that away from Ndombele and you have a safe midfielder who loses his entertainment. If you want that, we have Sissoko.

Problem with Ndombele is, he has a manager who doesn't use him correctly and a style of play that tends to limit his time on the ball due to either playing long ball or using him as a number ten, which I think we all know isn't his best position.
The exact game eludes me but he played one game deeper from memory (in the 8 role) and he was the MOTM for me.
He certainly isn’t a 10 and if I’m honest whilst he has played a little further forward than you’d expect from an 8, it’s actually Kane who has for the most part occupied that space and role.
Think most people don’t understand if we played say GLC or even Alli in the hole, it might suit Ndombele more but actually be worse for the team (Given Kane’s form).
In attack we almost play a 4-2-2-2 with Kane and Ndombele sitting behind Son/SB.
Occasionally you’ll see Reg or Aurier bombing wide but sissoko drops in making it a back 3 with PEH the holding midfield 3-1-4-2 (or something similar).

He's playing well for Jose as is but imagine if he played for a manager that actually utilized his ridiculous talents.

Dembele averaged over 90% because he was a 6 ft 1 version of Harry Winks in possession
Stupid People GIF by memecandy

Man, just shut the fuck up. Man's gone for a few years, and fools already forgetting what a beast he was.

Every Spurs player rated him as the best in the team, Poch was just about ready to suck his dick, and Trippier was still complaining about us selling him after he left for Atletico. He made Winks look good for a short time.

Am I gonna have to link a Dembele highlight reel here?

Stupid People GIF by memecandy

Man, just shut the fuck up. Man's gone for a few years, and fools already forgetting what a beast he was.

Every Spurs player rated him as the best in the team, Poch was just about ready to suck his dick, and Trippier was still complaining about us selling him after he left for Atletico. He made Winks look good for a short time.

Am I gonna have to link a Dembele highlight reel here?
Card

Back
Top Bottom