January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Fofana any more of a work in progress than Rodon?

Obviously the price is quite different for each guy but Fofana can clearly play in the league now, where Rodon still has a lot of questions of whether he can.

For a club of our supposed ambition I think spending 32 million for a younger, better player that can come in and start is worth it over paying 11 million for questions.
We did that with Sessegnon, didn't work out. We just need better scouting, cos we are spending, but not spending well.

Is it possible we have a recall option this month? An extra body should Dele leave..
He would be a rotation option for Hojbjerg certainly. But he won't affect our homegrown quota. He is too young for that.

Jose was also asked about this either last week or the week before. And while he did say that he selfishly wanted to bring him home. It was better for Ollie long term to finish the season at Norwich.

But there are lots of talents at Norwich tho that are worth checking out. Aarons, Buendia, Cantwell etc.

We did that with Sessegnon, didn't work out. We just need better scouting, cos we are spending, but not spending well.

But there were always questions about Sessegnon and whether he was a LB or LW. That has continued on with us.

Fofana did not have those questions.

But there were always questions about Sessegnon and whether he was a LB or LW. That has continued on with us.

Fofana did not have those questions.
That's my point, we can and do spend 30m on young up and coming players, we just do it like morons.

People talking about a front three of Son, Kane and Ings are getting ahead of themselves.

If we don't make the Champions League & challenge for the title this season, I can't see Kane hanging around.

Ings would probably be Kane's replacement if anything.
ings injury record and age rule him out

We can’t, our option to cancel the loan expired on Monday.

Plus it would be crazy to piss off a team and make others worry about future loan deals and potentially screw up Skipps development when we should be looking to bring in a PEH/Sissoko upgrade anyways.

Plus it would be crazy to piss off a team and make others worry about future loan deals and potentially screw up Skipps development when we should be looking to bring in a PEH/Sissoko upgrade anyways.
My point about Skipp was basically a joke. But I do think we need to bring someone for the CM position - and it should happen this season, independently of Skipp´s situation next year. Hojbjerg is as key as Sonny and Kane, except for the fact that we don´t really have another CDM in our squad to replace him. From now on, every game is important.

You´re saying we shouldn´t bring anyone?

You are likely right, all the doctors, nutritionists and training staff involved in Lamela's life all likely missed the signs that you from your TV and internet have been able to deduce and apply your pseudoscience BS.

It is much more likely that you are correct and your BS omega nonsense would make him a better player and the multitude of people with millions of dollars, as well as professional responsibilities in terms of any medical professionals have all missed it.

If only Spurs had you on the team Lamela would be a Messi level player thanks to his N34HQPT9er levels being managed so much better.

Pseudoscience? Omega3? don't make me laugh.

When you blend Flax oil (58% ALA Omega 3) 75g with 150g Quark you produce 43.5g of high surface mass readily soluble fresh Omega3. Twice a day gives you 87g fresh Omega3, you can transform your cellular oxygen potential significantly by having those kind of numbers in your diet, I know because I have done such (I have 30-50g ALA daily at the moment).

Here are just a brief snippet of studies of Flax : Flax – Choose Life

Methemoglobin was IMO a joker in the pack for Lamela, it is this which I believe he needs to minimise in his blood, suspicion he likes pig and the like too much and doesn't have the kidneys and liver to cope, leading to lowered oxygen sufficiency at times (which when recovering or high performance is vital). It's cheap highly combustible energy (pig and some red meats and shell fish) but if you aren't burning it away that is putrid nitrates your body has to cope with, on top of recovery and/or performance.

My point about Skipp was basically a joke. But I do think we need to bring someone for the CM position - and it should happen this season, independently of Skipp´s situation next year. Hojbjerg is as key as Sonny and Kane, except for the fact that we don´t really have another CDM in our squad to replace him. From now on, every game is important.

You´re saying we shouldn´t bring anyone?

I am saying the exact opposite. I am saying that we should absolutely be bringing someone in. It would be a major failure if we do not.

I think that player should replace Sissoko in the MF as a starter as well as be able to provide cover for PEH. Ideally we would bring in two players in the MF but I know that is not likely.

For me I would love if we brought in a new player so that we could go with a rotation of PEH, Ndombele, New guy and Lo Celso for the 3 MF positions and be comfortable with any of the 3 guys all playing at the same time.

Pseudoscience? Omega3? don't make me laugh.

When you blend Flax oil (58% ALA Omega 3) 75g with 150g Quark you produce 43.5g of high surface mass readily soluble fresh Omega3. Twice a day gives you 87g fresh Omega3, you can transform your cellular oxygen potential significantly by having those kind of numbers in your diet, I know because I have done such (I have 30-50g ALA daily at the moment).

Here are just a brief snippet of studies of Flax : Flax – Choose Life

Methemoglobin was IMO a joker in the pack for Lamela, it is this which I believe he needs to minimise in his blood, suspicion he likes pig and the like too much and doesn't have the kidneys and liver to cope, leading to lowered oxygen sufficiency at times (which when recovering or high performance is vital). It's cheap highly combustible energy (pig and some red meats and shell fish) but if you aren't burning it away that is putrid nitrates your body has to cope with, on top of recovery and/or performance.

LOL

I am sure you know better than all the doctors and dieticians out there.

It is surely likely that the solution to all Lamela's problems are easily solved but some random dude on the internet and not the guys working for a billion dollar company.

Whatever the specific reasons are, WE as a club have been outdone. We includes Jose and Poch.
No we as a club have not this isn't semantic it matters unless you Identify the problem simply going they've done better is pointless. As Sammyspurs wisely pointed out when he laughed at all them folk slitting their wrists at Chelsea winning the window. Were you one of the them? Honest question I'm interested Because if you are you are endanger of doing again.

Back
Top Bottom