Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So some other factor that impacts them signing a top player.
Glad you agree with me.

I never said we won't sign anyone.
We needed a striker, we signed one, we're not using him.

Better in your opinion.
If he's as good as you say (I don't know, haven't seen him) then other clubs will be in for him.
Does he a) want to leave b) want to come to us or c) will other clubs offer him more.

See my above answer re these 3 players.
Does Winks want to leave, will he want to go to them, can they afford his wages.

See my above answers.

So you agree that it's not easy. Cool.

I have always said our recruitment has been poor, but to say that it's easy to recruit quality is too simplistic.
Poch had, on average, just under £100m a year to spend on players, most of that was wasted.
I would much rather buy one or two top players for that money, rather than 3 or 4 promising players.

Don't agree that it is hard at all, pointed out teams that have made moves, came up some ideas on how to work around issues and I am just some random dope on the internet.

As for the specific players, doesn't have to be them they are examples. if a team the size, prestige and richness of Spurs can't get guys to come to them from the Championship or low level PL then they have major issues.

I’d be less pessimistic with Mourinho going forward if it looked like we had a plan and our only problem was execution, unfortunately I can’t for the life of me figure out what the manager’s tactics are. I’ve seen the ‘kick it long and defend’ meme a whole bunch on social media but we aren’t really do that either.

Is there any other team in PL with less of a clear game plan than us? If so, i would find that hard to believe. Even Woolwich during their relegation form was setting a record number of cross attempts, despite it being shit, their manager had a plan set.

Its seem more and more evident to me that Mou’s saviour was Kane dropping deep to find Son, as well as Son massively outperform his xG. Since teams figured us out, we’ve not done much to adjust to something that works. Only positives the past month has been Tanguy’s individual brillance and Reguilon’s crosses.

We all knew what to expect when we got José. This. And it's shit exactly as expected. Get Mourinho out now and get Levy away from all football decisions. It's the only way forward. Nobody wants to see this kind of football.

Lost the players. Not sure what we do, he is known for one off games and we have one in the league cup against Man City. That aside Mourinho has no excuse, we had a decent transfer window for once, the squad is very good minus our CB situation.

I was willing to accept Jose’s boring football on the basis he would win, win, win. If he is not bringing results he has no reason to be here. As a manager you can offer me good football or success. We have had plenty of good football under Pochettino, Redknapp and Jol but we brought in Mourinho purely for success.
We also need a playmaker in midfield, and currently have a few key players injured which exposed the lack of depth in the squad.

The style of play will always be subjective, but the results were much better when the squad was fit

Still we fielded a much much better team than Brighton and was outplayed. Totally outplayed. Stop defending Mourinho. We can't have a 1920s leader plaing 1990s football in 2021, it doesn't work. The players doesn't get motivated when screamed at, benched because of a small mistake, singled out because of not being the coach favourit. They don't look at it as an opportunity when better players than them are frozen out and put on the stands.

Mourinho, as a leader is finished, he's football is outdated and not good enough.

Kick him the fuck out of my club now. Today.

Of course, but so does the good things (not great, but good) that he's done.
We've been here and done this many times, so I'll save us both a shite load of time.

You post:
Low net spend
Lack of backing
Lack of trophies
Levy only interested in profit.

I post:
Poch spent nearly £100m per year on players
New stadium
The accounts that show that Levy/Enic have taken next to nothing out of the club.
Levy invested in Jose, both in players and wages.

And round and round we go.
The only new factor is Covid affecting every clubs bottom line.
Levy invested the clubs money on Jose, not his

they might not have taken money out, but they have basically borrowed money to fund their initial investment (and subsequent eg stadium) and now sit on an asset worth c.£1BN. Will that profit not be taken?

We had a bad patch earlier in 2020 .... really crap football... I was thinking he was at risk of sacking back then. But then we went through a much better patch. had a few wins. found ourselves on top of the table a few weeks back...

Are we just going through another bad patch and we'll come out of it soon? Jose knows how to win stuff, even though the footy is crap at the moment....

I'm not going to lie, a sadistic part of me is sitting here, laughing as I watch this unfold. Been fanning the flames and will continue to do so. The sooner he is gone, the better.

college board ap exam GIF

He's the antithesis of Tottenham - it's been a disaster but Levy's pride won't allow him to get rid mid-season, especially with the current financial climate.

Short term? We're absolutely fucked.

And the longer he stays, the more of a long-term impact he will have too. We had a reputation for a while as a club that was attractive to young talent, that played the most progressive football in England, as an growing superpower. What do we have now? Shit football, poor results, a grumpy has-been manager.

I think it’s safe to say he has lost the dressing room, nobody gives a shit on the pitch.

He won’t get sacked until we are near the bottom 4 and Levy panics.

Around late Feb that will happen.

So I've come to the conclusion that this week is critical (and probably the FA Cup game)
I think he's fighting for his job now

If he is fighting for his job the players might give a bit more effort and we might get the results which is of course a positive.
BUT if they don't and we play poorly and lose etc.. I think he might be done

Either way for those who are Mourinho OUT its a sort of win-win
jose can't play any other way, he won't survive the week with a loss to chelsea and a draw or loss to west brom. and what better sweet way to end his residency and management career with a thrashing by pep's man city, by this time already 10 plus points from top 4 and 10th or worse in the league table.

We had a bad patch earlier in 2020 .... really crap football... I was thinking he was at risk of sacking back then. But then we went through a much better patch. had a few wins. found ourselves on top of the table a few weeks back...

Are we just going through another bad patch and we'll come out of it soon? Jose knows how to win stuff, even though the footy is crap at the moment....

It took football being cancelled for months and a few million deaths to get him out of the shit last time....
Let's just sack him, eh.

Anyone still admiring the pragmatism of Mourinho... let’s see how his leadership without Kane and Son (already dismally proven last year) or even just Kane (now) compares to a similar period for Poch whose only striking option was Llorente for the second half of a season.

You have to think things in the round and try to be balanced but...

No inspiration.

No progressive football philosophy.

Results average.

The very durability he was brought in for has gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom